Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

You've haven't had a good thing to say about the kid, and you make sure to have a dig at every opportunity. How many times have you told us that Nicknat has NO FOOTBALL BRAIN WHATSOEVER among other nonsense. I'm just saying, if you don't want to see these silly shit-flinging contests between the two sets of supporters (because if we are going to start threads at every opportunity whenever a 1st or 2nd gamer doesn't play so well, things are going to get boring very quickly) then stop posting based off you're insecurities and be happy with what you have.
Who cares what i said on bay 13?

I have said he will be a good player with extraordinary highlights, i'm sure you can find it if you keep stalking me.

My judgement is that Naitanui can't kick, which is true. This has been evident throughout all his junior career, and is his major flaw. He still will be a good player, as i have said before (when i'm being serious and not responding to 'Jack Watts has a vag' comments).

On the other hand, this guy is saying that Watts is at the crossroads after two games:rolleyes:

He said nothing of the sort.

Learn to read properly, he just said he could be great or bad depending on his development.

No comment he's at the crossroads at all.

He (Xfactor1979) his having two bob each way on his future.

Nothing at all said about how his current development is going.

You seem extra sensitive about Watts, yet you love to have a go about other draftee's especially Nicholas Naitanui.

Franklins first game:
6 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals
Franklins second game:
12 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals

Watts' first game:
8 disposals, 1 mark, 0 goals
Watts' second game:
9 disposals, 4 marks, 2 goals

I think that's a pretty comparable start to their careers.
Nice backtrack.....first you said Watts had surpassed Franklin's first two games.

Who cares what i said on bay 13?

I have said he will be a good player with extraordinary highlights, i'm sure you can find it if you keep stalking me.

I only wish that I needed to seek you out in order to read you're posts. Problem is, you're tripe is everywhere I like to visit, the MB, Bay13, the Polls board. And you don't save you're harshest comments for bay13, so don't take me for a fool.

You're post made showed you for the blatant hypocrite that you are. I just get sick you're constant putting down of other teams youngsters in order to big-up you're own.

I only wish that I needed to seek you out in order to read you're posts. Problem is, you're tripe is everywhere I like to visit, the MB, Bay13, the Polls board. And you don't save you're harshest comments for bay13, so don't take me for a fool.
I only post in Melbourne related threads, so if your going to be such a offended little pussy then maybe you can stay away, OK?:(

You've haven't had a good thing to say about the kid, and you make sure to have a dig at every opportunity. How many times have you told us that Nicknat has NO FOOTBALL BRAIN WHATSOEVER among other nonsense. I'm just saying, if you don't want to see these silly shit-flinging contests between the two sets of supporters (because if we are going to start threads at every opportunity whenever a 1st or 2nd gamer doesn't play so well, things are going to get boring very quickly) then stop posting based off you're insecurities and be happy with what you have.

I have to agree Forrest- there is a lot of nonsense around the place today, and it is getting very silly.

Although the vast majority of the ludicrous comments are being directed at us, not the other way round, it must be said.

Good to see you trying to insert some rationality into things though, as a number of us have been crying out for more intelligent discussion, today especially.

Say who? And based on what.

His kicking breaks down under pressure sometimes because he's a 200cm kid still growing into his body and everything gets out of sync when he's rushed. Anyone that has seen him play a decent amount of footy will But he can use the ball quite well when he has space and time.

It's all made up for by his evasion and great use by hand. His kicking will develop

Judgements based on limited exposure to a player often make people look silly. And that goes for watts and nick nat

Jurrah pissed all over the Nats debut.

I only post in Melbourne related threads, so if your going to be such a offended little pussy then maybe you can stay away, OK?:(

What does it matter what the subject matter of the thread is? The polls boards, for example often involve multiple players from multiple teams. Doesn't change the fact that you get a hard-on putting young players down. Why don't you man up, and see the error of you're ways?, because it's not just me who is saying it.

I have to agree Forrest- there is a lot of nonsense around the place today, and it is getting very silly.

Although the vast majority of the ludicrous comments are being directed at us, not the other way round, it must be said.

Good to see you trying to insert some rationality into things though, as a number of us have been crying out for more intelligent discussion, today especially.

Yeah, there has been plenty of it, and a lot of Eagles supporters are getting into the mix, which is lame. I guess these kind of arguments are bound to happen when there are two teams on the bottom of the ladder fighting for scraps.

Exactly. I suspect if there were more WCE supporters of your calibre around, we wouldn't be having the outbreaks of lemming-like insanity that we're seeing on this subject at the moment...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does it matter what the subject matter of the thread is? The polls boards, for example often involve multiple players from multiple teams. Doesn't change the fact that you get a hard-on putting young players down. Why don't you man up, and see the error of you're ways?, because it's not just me who is saying it.
Name one example other then Nat. It's just that I get a little fired up when Eagles supporters start having a go at Watts, for no reason.

Re: Jack Watts to Debut This Week

Champion Data Player Rankings for Debut Games:

Liam Jurrah - 51
Jack Watts - 42
Nicholas Naitanui - 39
Lance Franklin - 20

Champion Data Player Rankings for 2nd Games:

Lance Franklin - 63
Jack Watts - 25

(stats from Footy Wire, Too Serious)

Not the be-all and end-all obviously, but the CDPR is a pretty good measurement of a player's effectiveness IMO, considering all the aspects it takes into account.

With respect, I would hope, however, that you might direct such comments towards some of your fellow supporters as well, Forrest.

Sadly, the vast majority of WCE contributions on the Bay today have not been anywhere near your personal level - maybe we might go some way to rectifying this by working together?

I would leave bay 13, as it is what it is (though I'll never agree with slagging off 1st year players). And yeah, TBH, I haven't had a crack at many Eagles supporters putting Watts down ,although I've spoken highly of Watts himself. However, now that I've given Wheelen a lot of stick, it would show me to be the one with double-standards if I didn't have a go at posters from the other side for doing the same thing. So I guess I'll keep that in mind.

I would leave bay 13, as it is what it is (though I'll never agree with slagging off 1st year players). And yeah, TBH, I haven't had a crack at many Eagles supporters putting Watts down ,although I've spoken highly of Watts himself. However, now that I've given Wheelen a lot of stick, it would show me to be the one with double-standards if I didn't have a go at posters from the other side for doing the same thing. So I guess I'll keep that in mind.

Well as I said last night, trolling & bagging is normal and to be expected over there. But usually it's a helluva lot more original and intelligent than it is today, and yes, as you pointed out, slagging off 1st-year players, or 1st & 2nd-gamers as it is in this case, is ludicrous even by the standards of the Bay.

But hopefully normal standards will return soon...

Exactly. I suspect if there were more WCE supporters of your calibre around, we wouldn't be having this outbreaks of lemming-like insanity that we're seeing on this subject at the moment...

I'm sure as hell not a great poster, as far as knowledge and contributions are concerned, but I would like to think I'm somewhat level headed and reasoned, as well as being able to look at the recurring themes in the sport (eg: in regards to the time it takes for a pick to come on. Hurn for us, for example, is just starting to come good after being drafted in 05, and Cox and Glass were very ordinary players for a long time).

Exactly. I suspect if there were more WCE supporters of your calibre around, we wouldn't be having this outbreaks of lemming-like insanity that we're seeing on this subject at the moment...

I don't think that's fair to put most of the blame on WCE fans here. I see Melbourne fans coming in and firing WCE fans up as well with their comments on Naitanui, even though most of them wouldn't have seen more than one game of his.

It's all ridiculous to me anyway.

I'm sure as hell not a great poster, as far as knowledge and contributions are concerned, but I would like to think I'm somewhat level headed and reasoned, as well as being able to look at the recurring themes in the sport

Well, you're certainly much more rational and open-minded than 90% of those making comments about us today mate. That's appreciated, especially at the moment.

I don't think that's fair to put most of the blame on WCE fans here. I see Melbourne fans coming in and firing WCE fans up as well with their comments on Naitanui, even though most of them wouldn't have seen more than one game of his.

It's all ridiculous to me anyway.

Well yeah, it is all pretty ridiculous, although it wasn't initiated by us originally, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, it's good to see more lucid and reasoned discussion about all this now.

Jurrah pissed all over the Nats debut.

:confused:

How did Jurrah come into all this.

At nearly 21 he's basically a mature age recruit, and you're comparing him to a rookie ruckman.

I thought Jurrah looked great but he hadn't even been mentioned, so what was the point of that post

Frankly stupid arguments like this are a perfect example of the ridiculous bigfooty mentality, where people feel they must compare different players, especially youngsters, no matter how irrelevant the comparison may be. There can be more than one good young player in the league

Back on topic, you know you need a few more preseasons in the gym when Fletcher can lift you off the ground:

0,,6680706,00.jpg

Not a bad mark of respect for Knights to chuck Fletcher on a second gamer.

Obviously far too early to tell.

I posed a question after his first game, which was how many finesse KP forwards have ever had a sustained AFL career. The (only) knock on Watts that I have ever felt held water was that he doesnt go out of his way to use physicality. He avoids rather than seeks contact. In modern AFL with crowded forward lines this may be problematic.

While undersized and underprepared he did nothing last night to suggest he will suddenly become a physical player.

Am I the only one who noticed the obvious dropping of the head when he took his first mark last night - clearly ducked the head. Not a problem I guess but worth watching going forward .....

NickNat on the other hand has never squibbed anything and 67% of his possessions were contested (v Watts under 20%).....

While I reckon Watts is talented, I still havent seen him do anything (at any level) that screams potential superstar .... I guess we will see.

Obviously far too early to tell.

I posed a question after his first game, which was how many finesse KP forwards have ever had a sustained AFL career. The (only) knock on Watts that I have ever felt held water was that he doesnt go out of his way to use physicality. He avoids rather than seeks contact. In modern AFL with crowded forward lines this may be problematic.

While undersized and underprepared he did nothing last night to suggest he will suddenly become a physical player.

Am I the only one who noticed the obvious dropping of the head when he took his first mark last night - clearly ducked the head. Not a problem I guess but worth watching going forward .....

NickNat on the other hand has never squibbed anything and 67% of his possessions were contested (v Watts under 20%).....

While I reckon Watts is talented, I still havent seen him do anything (at any level) that screams potential superstar .... I guess we will see.

Ruckman will always average a higher ratio of contested possession due to the nature of their position.

Jack Watts showed good signs last night. Importantly, he kicks the ball very well, so we should see a 40 goal effort from him as early as next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back