Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we been having this discussion if Watts had a University exam the next day ?

Mid-year exams in Year 12 are practice exams - nothing more or nothing less.

Not all. Generally your sciences have midyear exams as well as the final year ones.

Not all. Generally your sciences have midyear exams as well as the final year ones.

Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Environmental Science
Accounting

These all have actual exams that count just as much as the end of year exam. They are split up like this because the 1st and 2nd semester content is pretty much standalone.

It is true that there wouldn't be a fuss if it were a uni exam, even though they are just as important. Monash uni exams (well most of them) start on the Thursday 11th. I don't know about Melbourne uni.

I missed QB 07 because I had the two important mid years on Tuesday and Wednesday. Only game I've missed in half a decade in VIC :(

Was shattering. Amazing win too.

I've heard that they're arranging a pre-release for the exam so he'll sit it before the game, if true this takes all the pressure off, the only negative is it gives less ammo for the trolls. Wait...that's a positive

he could go either way

with the right development: the next nick riewoldt

with the wrong development: fergus watts getting a regular game...
How can you judge anything after 2 games, let alone say he could go either way?

He was fantastic last night for an 18 year old KPF, whose team was getting smashed.

How did Fevola go in his first two games? Riewoldt? Jonno Brown? Franklin?
I think you'll find Watts' performances had surpassed all those guys.

You freakin' tool. :rolleyes:

Could be thrown up as a potential delistee as the year progresses.

2 games, with the second not even a bad one, and we still see these lunatic comments about Watts?

I've heard of the lemming mentality, but this is ridiculous.

Invigoration and others, shouldn't you be on this cliff with the rest of your crew?

lemmings.jpg

He was fantastic last night for an 18 year old KPF, whose team was getting smashed.

That's funny, because you've made you're judgement about Natanui well known. Over and over and over again. He's just done what you've been doing all along. Actually, what he said isn't half as bad as you're "you used pick 2 on a high-jumper" spiel...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he? Granted he kicked a couple but a lot of his possessions were uncontested, "nothing" possessions.
Are you sure you watched the same game as me? Considering he got 9 posessions all together, 7 of those were in play (2 set shots) with 2 of those being contested.

He started off VERY slow yesterday. I think he got his first posession towards the end of the second quarter (a goal), but did very well once he got the monkey off his back.

Then take into account he only gets to train with the main group once every week, he is missing out on vital information. The games he is playing now are purely to show him where he needs to get to. Next year, after a full pre season at the club and being able to train full time with the boys, we will see a shitload of improvement. And that's saying something as he is doing very well already IMO.

Since he was clearly serious... :rolleyes:

Well, I would've thought that if he (or you) meant these comments to be amusing trolls of some type, surely both of you should have at least tried to make your posts amusing in some way?

That's funny, because you've made you're judgement about Natanui well known. Over and over and over again. He's just done what you've been doing all along. Actually, what he said isn't half as bad as you're "you used pick 2 on a high-jumper" spiel...
My judgement is that Naitanui can't kick, which is true. This has been evident throughout all his junior career, and is his major flaw. He still will be a good player, as i have said before (when i'm being serious and not responding to 'Jack Watts has a vag' comments).

On the other hand, this guy is saying that Watts is at the crossroads after two games:rolleyes:

Buddy kicked 3.2 in his second game, had 12 touches and got 1 brownlow vote.

No point calling blokes tools when you make stupid statements yourself. Most normal people know that Jack isn't likely to domiante matches, but the more games he gets now will give him the base to build from next year. I think he is way out of his depth at this stage, but does show signs he'll be a handy proposition.

My judgement is that Naitanui can't kick, which is true. This has been evident throughout all his junior career, and is his major flaw. He still will be a good player, as i have said before (when i'm being serious and not responding to 'Jack Watts has a vag' comments).

On the other hand, this guy is saying that Watts is at the crossroads after two games:rolleyes:

Well, no it's not.

He is an inconsistent kick. That's a bit different, but his game doesn't revolve around accurate kicking. It's his least important asset.

Ultimately however, Cox couldn't kick when he arrived and he developed into a sublime kick before his foot injury last year. Also, Naita was a pretty average mark last year but having worked on it extensively this year, he is now a strong mark.

Shows enough to me that he could be an absolute star CHF, But given his body size right now thats a big call.

But seems to have good hands, and has an absolutely perfect set shot for goal.

In depth assessments on Jack Watts and Nick Nat are pretty pointless right now. You just want to see a few signs rather than them dominating games

You've haven't had a good thing to say about the kid, and you make sure to have a dig at every opportunity. How many times have you told us that Nicknat has NO FOOTBALL BRAIN WHATSOEVER among other nonsense. I'm just saying, if you don't want to see these silly shit-flinging contests between the two sets of supporters (because if we are going to start threads at every opportunity whenever a 1st or 2nd gamer doesn't play so well, things are going to get boring very quickly) then stop posting based off you're insecurities and be happy with what you have.

Then take into account he only gets to train with the main group once every week, he is missing out on vital information. The games he is playing now are purely to show him where he needs to get to. Next year, after a full pre season at the club and being able to train full time with the boys, we will see a shitload of improvement. And that's saying something as he is doing very well already IMO.

Hmmm reminds me of a certain someone getting bagged last year whos name rhymes with hat-trick rangerpeeled.

I agree needs alot of work like most KP forwards. Was he doing well in the VFL?

Although I wanted Walker in last year when he was kicking bags in the SANFL maybe Bailey needs to leave him in the VFL for this season like Craig did with him.

Buddy kicked 3.2 in his second game, had 12 touches and got 1 brownlow vote.

No point calling blokes tools when you make stupid statements yourself. Most normal people know that Jack isn't likely to domiante matches, but the more games he gets now will give him the base to build from next year. I think he is way out of his depth at this stage, but does show signs he'll be a handy proposition.
Franklins first game:
6 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals
Franklins second game:
12 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals

Watts' first game:
8 disposals, 1 mark, 0 goals
Watts' second game:
9 disposals, 4 marks, 2 goals

I think that's a pretty comparable start to their careers.

My judgement is that Naitanui can't kick, which is true.

Say who? And based on what.

His kicking breaks down under pressure sometimes because he's a 200cm kid still growing into his body and everything gets out of sync when he's rushed. Anyone that has seen him play a decent amount of footy will But he can use the ball quite well when he has space and time.

It's all made up for by his evasion and great use by hand. His kicking will develop

Judgements based on limited exposure to a player often make people look silly. And that goes for watts and nick nat

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back