Jack Watts dropped to Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/T/Tom_Scully.html

So many clangers, so little room for a another category.

You must be pretty ropable that your clubs consecutive #1 draft picks have left you in a situation where you are arguing over which one is worse.

If Scully is as bad as you claim (which he isnt) you should be demanding a full clean out of your recruitment staff. Prendergast took the hit for a lot of incompetent blokes who should have been pensioned off.

Bit hard to claim Jurrah as a win. His career is almost certainly over. Could have had Rockliff but your recruiters misread the play like they did with Redden. Thanks for both btw! Life savers.

You must be pretty ropable that your clubs consecutive #1 draft picks have left you in a situation where you are arguing over which one is worse.

If Scully is as bad as you claim (which he isnt) you should be demanding a full clean out of your recruitment staff. Pendergast took the hit for a lot of blokes.

Bailey and Prendergast were the two responsible for the high end picks.

You're joking.

Have you even watched Scully?

Mark Ricciuto called him a 'reciever' the other day; so there goes him hitting the contest hard.

He does not use the ball well by foot and he's had ONE 30+ possession game.

He will be an excellent footballer, but it will be because of his sheer running ability and creativity by hand.

You're looking more and more like having little clue.

I saw him do hard stuff at Melbourne, definitely wouldn't be referring to him as an outside receiver. Put it this way there is some intensity about his game and you can tell he works hard and is determined to succeed.

I don't think one Mark Ricciuto comment makes everything I say invalid.

I know it's easy for Melbourne fans to sink the boot into $cully (or whatever nickname you may have for him), but he wasn't taken at #1 because he was a hack.

His knee may hold him back a bit but from what I've seen of him at GWS, he has the goods. Just needs more experienced bodies around him at this stage. Yes, he's behind Callan Ward and Rhys Palmer but he has the advantage of age and (imo) talent.

Is there going to be a new thread "Jack Watts kick 4 at Casey and named best on ground"?

I'm sure it will get 400 replies and 30,000 views too. People are just obsessed with this kid.

If Scully is as bad as you claim (which he isnt) you should be demanding a full clean out of your recruitment staff. Pendergast took the hit for a lot of blokes.

Bit hard to claim Jurrah as a win. His career is almost certainly over. Could have had Rockliff but your recruiters misread the play like they did with Redden. Thanks for both btw! Life savers.

This, if Scully was still at Melbourne, and Watts was at GWS, the Dees supporters arguing currently saying Watts is better than Scully would be saying the opposite.

This bloke may well be another Tambling. Obviously dominated Lower grades, but he seems to have an aversion to physical contact. To not lay a single tackle on a day like last week is very damning indeed.

Is there going to be a new thread "Jack Watts kick 4 at Casey and named best on ground"?

I'm sure it will get 400 replies and 30,000 views too. People are just obsessed with this kid.

Congrats to him. The first of many AFL listed players who will put on dominant VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL performances this weekend.

Garry Lyon just said on MMM that Watts was only "ok" today, and that if you didn't know him he wouldn't stick out as a senior player demanding selection. Said he doesn't get enough of the ball. That's not my words, that's the way Garry saw Jack's game

Congrats to him. The first of many AFL listed players who will put on dominant VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL performances this weekend.

He was also the 1st of many AFL players to be dropped to the VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL this weekend, none of those got threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This, if Scully was still at Melbourne, and Watts was at GWS, the Dees supporters arguing currently saying Watts is better than Scully would be saying the opposite.

Not so, I remember specifically saying last year I'd rather lose Scully.

I saw him do hard stuff at Melbourne, definitely wouldn't be referring to him as an outside receiver. Put it this way there is some intensity about his game and you can tell he works hard and is determined to succeed.

I don't think one Mark Ricciuto comment makes everything I say invalid.

Of Scully's 98 disposals this year; 78 have been uncontested (that's 79% of his disposals), and 52 have been handballs.

His disposals efficiency has been good, 72%.

He has had 7 clearances the whole year, 3 one percenters and 11 tackles.

He is outside.

Garry Lyon just said on MMM that Watts was only "ok" today, and that if you didn't know him he wouldn't stick out as a senior player demanding selection. Said he doesn't get enough of the ball. That's not my words, that's the way Garry saw Jack's game

19 possessions 4 goals

Broken jaw to Gysberts (as well as young Viney)

Dees cant take a trick

4 goals and 20 possessions, what is Garry smoking?

Jack Viney broke his jaw after a massive hit from Wojo, got straight back up and walked off the ground... what a tough kid. I'm more excited about that anyway.

How many were picked #1 in the national draft?

He didn't pick himself at number one, he is just another player in the league trying to make it

4 goals and 20 possessions, what is Garry smoking?

Jack Viney broke his jaw after a massive hit from Wojo, got straight back up and walked off the ground... what a tough kid. I'm more excited about that anyway.

Frankly I'd take anything Garry Lyon (or Mark Ricciuto or Wayne Carey) says about a current footballer with a grain of salt. There are many other better commentators and experts out there.

Tough luck for Viney and Gysberts. Dees can't take a trick at the moment.

He didn't pick himself at number one, he is just another player in the league trying to make it

The point is that the #1 tag carries with it massive expectation and the burden of having to become a star player. Whether they were picked by Melbourne or another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Watts dropped to Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back