News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, the points value of picks does not change dependent on the relative strength of any draft. This is the value of having people like Binuk on the team

..what? how does Binuk help with that? because he can do basic arithmatic?

You guys really don't understand what a data analyst does.

That has nothing to do with how they rated him, they just got above for both Cameron and Caldwell and had no more need for draft capital. They also had no way to keep him either way and Essendon would’ve missed out on Caldwell with the PSD route. If Essendon could’ve got Caldwell guaranteed the same way he would’ve gone for nothing.
They didn't know those final outcomes when they decided not to bother with Hately. They clearly weren't too fussed.

Not sure why that is controversial. He's clearly rated as fringe to them and not worth a fight.

Pick 40 is meaningless to them. May as well go PSD.

They now have a few weeks to convince Hately to stay.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
How is pick 40 meaningless as they have heaps of picks and could have bundled up pick 20, 26 they got for Caldwell and the pick 40 they could have got from us to move up in the draft

Show your workings

They're independent events.

If we match Brad crouch and keep him on the books we still get Hately in the preseason draft.

Therefore you can't just throw those things together.

Looking at the body of work

we lost Crouch and got pick 23
We then got a player we wanted to trade pick 40 for, but got him for free

so we gain 23&40

which is pick 13

for Brad

that’s about right

or another way,GWS wanted pick 22 which is probably fair

so gain 22&23

Which is pick 7

for Brad

😆

Erm...

I’ll take Hately and 23 for Crouch...

But above all else I want us to bid on JUH... give me that and I’m happy.

They're independent events.

If we match Brad crouch and keep him on the books we still get Hately in the preseason draft.

Therefore you can't just throw those things together.
No shit. But you can look at it overall. Like I said. And I was spot on.

How is pick 40 meaningless as they have heaps of picks and could have bundled up pick 20, 26 they got for Caldwell and the pick 40 they could have got from us to move up in the draft

not many clubs interested in moving down in the draft this year.

For just about the first time in 3 years or so, I'm pleased with how the AFC have handled a trade - the Hately trade.

We may never be in this situation again, and I would have spewed if we had offered and paid fair value for him.

Offer unders and take him in the PSD - totally correct for once by Reid & Co.

As for the nervous nellies worried about it possibly falling through, both Hately and the AFC have publicly stated their commitment to the PSD - see AFC's web site.

The pre-season draft is scheduled for Thursday, December 10.

It’s obvious is it? You need to stop living with these fantasies
Fact Crows will not use all their draft picks.
Hately through PSD, Pick 1, Borlase, Newchurch are 4 players. Depending what happens with Edwards, that is 5 players. McKay is likely to get a 1 year extension. Lists will need to be maximum 44 including rookies and minimum 37 with 1 rookie. Given what we already know there would be an expectation the crows would bundle 2nd rounders and pick 9 to hope move closer or within a top 5 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, the points value of picks does not change dependent on the relative strength of any draft. This is the value of having people like Binuk on the team
So will our pick #40 drift out ...or in at this Draft ?

You're correct, except this year maybe 25 less players will be taken in this Draft ....hence increasing the value of those picks for clubs that are still engaged at that point

For just about the first time in 3 years or so, I'm pleased with how the AFC have handled a trade - the Hately trade.

We may never be in this situation again, and I would have spewed if we had offered and paid fair value for him.

Offer unders and take him in the PSD - totally correct for once by Reid & Co.

As for the nervous nellies worried about it possibly falling through, both Hately and the AFC have publicly stated their commitment to the PSD - see AFC's web site.

The pre-season draft is scheduled for Thursday, December 10.
Thought you'd like that one mate 👍

Except I was looking at it in isolation and not trying to use it to claim we got ice cream rather than a sh*t sandwhich with Brad.
“All up” is not isolation

we got a shit sandwich on Brad

and a good deal on Hately

all up (your words) over the body of work (my words, but same thing) it’s about right

glad we agree

“All up” is not isolation

we got a sh*t sandwich on Brad

and a good deal on Hately

all up (your words) over the body of work (my words, but same thing) it’s about right

glad we agree

No, we got a shit sandwhich and a good deal.

Those two incidents exist in isolation.

Fact Crows will not use all their draft picks.
Hately through PSD, Pick 1, Borlase, Newchurch are 4 players. Depending what happens with Edwards, that is 5 players. McKay is likely to get a 1 year extension. Lists will need to be maximum 44 including rookies and minimum 37 with 1 rookie. Given what we already know there would be an expectation the crows would bundle 2nd rounders and pick 9 to hope move closer or within a top 5 pick.
Nope there is no expectation we are doing that

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back