Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a classic example of other teams supporters and the media in general overrating our list.

The forward line is stacked with talent but it's still a very young group. We also have some depth issues that the club needs to round out. We have a lot of random roleplayers in the side, a lot of them cheapies cast off by other clubs. There's still a lot of work to do.

I think we achieved about where we realistically should be this year
We're stacked among key forwards and inside midfielders, and one rebounding defender. Nothing more. We don't have a genuine small forward, our half forwards are fringe types, we played 5 different players on the wing this season, our key defenders as a collective are at best league average, and our second rebounding defender and one small defender both came off the rookie list this year.

We're stacked among key forwards and inside midfielders, and one rebounding defender. Nothing more. We don't have a genuine small forward, our half forwards are fringe types, we played 5 different players on the wing this season, our key defenders as a collective are at best league average, and our second rebounding defender and one small defender both came off the rookie list this year.
I agree you have holes in it list
But Cody weightman is a small forward in every sense of the word.

I agree you have holes in it list
But Cody weightman is a small forward in every sense of the word.
He's really not. He's a good forward and can play with three talls, but he doesn't play like a small/medium forward

Champion Data have classified 86 players as small/medium forwards (including Weightman) who has played at least 12 games. Many would have played a few games as a sub that I'm not counting out of these stats.

Weightman is rank 13 for marks inside 50 and rank 17 for total contested marks. He's rank 15 for number of time's he's involved in a direct one-on-one contest with a forward.

He is however ranked 74th for uncontested possessions among these players, and 42nd for pressure acts per game.

He's more of a general forward that doesn't provide much positional balance to the fact that we have three talls by crumbing at their feet or working up the ground to win 10+ uncontested possession a game or whatever.

maybe Geelong supporters flexing about how they're going to get every decent player in the league for a second rounder can be contained to the shitshow that is the Smith and Reid threads rather than derailing every topic in this forum
Sorry, SOMS, but we all love to hear updates on everyone Geelong brings home.

It's my favourite thing in football.

HOOOOOMME 😊

He's really not. He's a good forward and can play with three talls, but he doesn't play like a small/medium forward

Champion Data have classified 86 players as small/medium forwards (including Weightman) who has played at least 12 games. Many would have played a few games as a sub that I'm not counting out of these stats.

Weightman is rank 13 for marks inside 50 and rank 17 for total contested marks. He's rank 15 for number of time's he's involved in a direct one-on-one contest with a forward.

He is however ranked 74th for uncontested possessions among these players, and 42nd for pressure acts per game.

He's more of a general forward that doesn't provide much positional balance to the fact that we have three talls by crumbing at their feet or working up the ground to win 10+ uncontested possession a game or whatever.
Sounds like Higgins.

Sounds like Higgins.
Higgins is a better crumber, Flea better up the ground or on the lead.
I want us to draft/year for a pure crumbing forward, but we're getting off topic here.

lol… he’s not keeping him out at all… Hawkins is cooked!
But answer my question… go through the names of players who have come back over the last decade because they are country Vics… you can start with Dangerfield and Cameron.
And then the players who move there because of the coastal lifestyle.
The reality is you’re only a competitive list because of your geographical location.
Hang on, you only exist because of yours.

Nah, Dogs will still have to pay some of his salary if another club is committing to the three years remaining on his contract, because if he were out of contract, he'd only be getting a two year-deal anywhere in the league at his age and rapid decline as a player.
Why, it’s not the Dogs moving him on? Macrae has requested a trade, it would be naive to consider that his management hasn’t shopped him around and that other clubs don’t want him.
He obviously has an offer on the table, it’s up to that club to deal with Power or he can stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team only exists because it’s located in an area the AFL wanted to take over. Not because people craved a Western Sydney Australian rules team.
Well I’m from Western Sydney and I’m bloody loving it. Every team has to start somewhere! 36000 odd members… is very good in Sydney market… 10000 more than GC.

Well I’m from Western Sydney and I’m bloody loving it. Every team has to start somewhere! 36000 odd members… is very good in Sydney market… 10000 more than GC.
I don’t have a dog in the fight mate was simply explaining what I thought was obviously implied.

Why, it’s not the Dogs moving him on? Macrae has requested a trade, it would be naive to consider that his management hasn’t shopped him around and that other clubs don’t want him.
He obviously has an offer on the table, it’s up to that club to deal with Power or he can stay.
Posted it at the time when it wasn't clear that Macrae wouldn't demand all the money he's owed to be paid by some club somewhere. It's easy to guess now that he's happy to renegotiate his contract to not get as much money from the new club, in order to facilitate a move to the club of his choice (and to get the Dogs an okay draft pick).

This is probably one of the most interesting trades by virtue of the coin he’s on, how cooked he is and whether he could play a role for another club.

Haven’t read the thread but assume this is a salary dump by the doggies considering bevvo seems to hate Macrae more than sanders which is tough to achieve.

Yes I agree, I think your Coach has built a mix that is just not balanced enough.

The Dogs have plenty of talent on their list, but some some active trading could result in a more effective team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back