Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never said the Saints board did.

You can declare a certain pick will need to be used all you want but reality says it will be less than what you personally want and more than what Saints supporters want it to be.
No kidding.

Noone realistically thinks pick 24 is it.

But it's not the less than 46 saints supporters want either.

It will be more than pick 46

Two posts directly above yours as an example
As I said, the majority of fans are more than happy to hand over 46, finding a post here and there on bigfooty does not prove otherwise.

I've seen Dogs fans suggest that it's should be a second rounder, does not mean that's the general consensus.

And the post two above mine also says pick 46 so I'm not sure what that is meant to prove.

As I said, the majority of fans are more than happy to hand over 46, finding a post here and there on bigfooty does not prove otherwise.

I've seen Dogs fans suggest that it's should be a second rounder, does not mean that's the general consensus.

And the post two above mine also says pick 46 so I'm not sure what that is meant to prove.
No it doesn't.

Did you miss the part where it requires "something going back"?

No it doesn't.

Did you miss the part where it requires "something going back"?
Dude, if you are going to use quotation marks please use the correct quote which was "a nothing pick coming back".

Surely you aren't really going to get worked up over a poster suggesting we might get a late pick back that neither team will likely use anyway other than possibly a small amount of points towards an academy pick if their lucky?

Doesn't seek like the poster is too far off thinking 46 is fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, if you are going to use quotation marks please use the correct quote which was "a nothing pick coming back".

Surely you aren't really going to get worked up over a poster suggesting we might get a late pick back that neither team will likely use anyway other than possibly a small amount of points towards an academy pick if their lucky?

Doesn't seek like the poster is too far off thinking 46 is fair value.
The point is, the club has been staunch that 46 isn't going to cut it.

Saints can hold out all they want. We only really want to trade one of Daniel or Macrae so Caleb can go to North instead.

The point is, the club has been staunch that 46 isn't going to cut it.

Saints can hold out all they want. We only really want to trade one of Daniel or Macrae so Caleb can go to North instead.
We are still at the very start if the trade period. Both clubs would be posturing and beating their chest as clubs do every year.

Will it be a straight swap for 46? Probably not, but it's not going to be far off I wouldn't imagine.

Macrae won't be at the Dogs next year though.

We are still at the very start if the trade period. Both clubs would be posturing and beating their chest as clubs do every year.

Will it be a straight swap for 46? Probably not, but it's not going to be far off I wouldn't imagine.

Macrae won't be at the Dogs next year though.
Based on .... your expert list manager knowledge i guess.

If Caleb is going to Net a bigger return why wouldn't we just trade him to a club who isnt piss farting around

Based on .... your expert list manager knowledge i guess.

If Caleb is going to Net a bigger return why wouldn't we just trade him to a club who isnt piss farting around
Because, as much as bigfooty fans like to think you can just trade players to the highest bidder every year, it doesn't work like that.

Macrae wants to play for St Kilda. He is on a good contract as a 30 year old and spent the year on the fringes of the best 22. Dogs aren't going hold him to his contract if they don't get a high draft pick for him and St Kilda aren't going to give up a high draft pick for him.

Because, as much as bigfooty fans like to think you can just trade players to the highest bidder every year, it doesn't work like that.

Macrae wants to play for St Kilda. He is on a good contract as a 30 year old and spent the year on the fringes of the best 22. Dogs aren't going hold him to his contract if they don't get a high draft pick for him and St Kilda aren't going to give up a high draft pick for him.
Again ... they're going to likely keep one of Caleb or Macrae ... that has been said from the beginning.

If North are offering a far better pick (which they reportedly are) then we might keep Macrae instead. One is likely to stay no matter how much you want to play list manager.

Again ... they're going to likely keep one of Caleb or Macrae ... that has been said from the beginning.

If North are offering a far better pick (which they reportedly are) then we might keep Macrae instead. One is likely to stay no matter how much you want to play list manager.
Again... we are at the very start of the trade period. What a list manager says on day 3 and what happens at the end is not always the same thing.

Macrae won't be at the Dogs next year.... no matter how much you want to play list manager...

I’d argue there is a strong chance he will be if saints think pick 46 alone will get the trade done.
I've not said it will be pick 46 alone, but I don't think it's far off the mark.

What are you suggesting needs to be added to that pick to get the deal done?

No kidding.

Noone realistically thinks pick 24 is it.

But it's not the less than 46 saints supporters want either.

It will be more than pick 46
Well there is also the chance of a multi club trade.

Its probably going to be one of the last trades completed after dogs and saints know what they have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back