Confirmed Jackson Macrae: To Saints p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon this is an excellent result all-round.

Macrae gets to play midfield, Dogs get his excessively high and long contract off their books and get a cheaper version of him- for a fraction of the contract size and length- and we get someone who will be a big help for us for probably a year or two- albeit on said excessively high and long contract.

All that said, if I’d known we could have gotten Kennedy for just 7 picks higher than Macrae, I would have preferred him. In particular because of his vastly more appropriate contract.

For that reason, the Dogs IMO ought to be very pleased with the overall result of the Macrae and Kennedy trades.

Reckon this is an excellent result all-round.

Macrae gets to play midfield, Dogs get his excessively high and long contract off their books and get a cheaper version of him- for a fraction of the contract size and length- and we get someone who will be a big help for us for probably a year or two- albeit on said excessively high and long contract.

All that said, if I’d known we could have gotten Kennedy for just 7 picks higher than Macrae, I would have preferred him. In particular because of his vastly more appropriate contract.

For that reason, the Dogs IMO ought to be very pleased with the overall result of the Macrae and Kennedy trades.

Yeah I don't think they are

Supercoaches everywhere rejoice, thank you Dogs and Saints 😍

The exact reason I'm in this thread :tearsofjoy:

Very happy with this trade. Now throw him in the midfield only next year.

Dogs knocked back 47 straight up for Macrae only to trade him for a guy who was going to be delisted?
What are you talking about? Bulldogs traded in Matthew Kennedy who finished in Carlton B&F top 10 and was contracted for next season.

Worked out in the end. I said a week ago it would be 47, so can't gloat too much, but glad that Jack is on board at the Saints and Bailey and Matt got new starts at the same time.

Saints v Dogs round 1 next year for Macrae's 250th, surely ...

Saints have offered 47. That’s the best they could come up with? Is this some kind of joke? Guess they don’t want him, good luck to them.
Hmmmmm. 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worked out in the end. I said a week ago it would be 47, so can't gloat too much, but glad that Jack is on board at the Saints and Bailey and Matt got new starts at the same time.

Saints v Dogs round 1 next year for Macrae's 250th, surely ...
Reckon Macrae will get disrespected by the AFL and they'll schedule Geelong vs Dogs round 1 so Bailey can play against his old team first up on return from injury

Every ad break will be cotton on ads only

Yeah I don't think they are
Ive been out all day so haven’t seen or heard anything but think that’s because they have such an emotional attachment to him.

If he was some random bloke for another club that they could have gotten for nothing, but was going to cost them $800K x 2 and then a chunk of coin in a 3rd year- that they probably wouldn’t need him for- to just be a fringe/depth player, they wouldn’t have wanted to touch him with a barge pole.

But because that same exact guy was a favourite son of theirs, they thought he was worth the world. Or wanted to keep him and his crazy contract.

They aren’t thinking with their heads. This is good business.

We were likely spending upwards of $2M per season on Smith, Macrae and Daniel. I assume Kennedy is on around 500k so freeing up 1.5M, replacing Macrae with a cheaper younger version and getting picks 17 and 25 for Smith and CD is probably a win all round for us.

It’s sad seeing premiership players leave the club but it’s sadder knowing they’re wasting their careers in the 2s.

Clearly if circumstances were different we’d get more for Smith but we got the most we could realistically expect given nobody would’ve grabbed him in the draft anyway.

Good on you Saints, got a him on a good deal. Hope he manages to get a few more years out of him. He is the ultimate professional.

As for some of you. No need to be classless pricks with your trolling, whether via reacts or directly. Remember how bad your trading has been in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Jackson Macrae: To Saints p/of 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back