Jacobs & Walker Trade Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That offer should be a wake up call for the Carlton supporters thinking they'll get a good pick for Jacobs or Walker or both.

New interchange rules next year.

Sellar + empty chip packet? Take it and run.

Re: Jacobs & Walker Trade Discussion

jacobs value is between pick 30-40 he is not a gun ruckman that can demand a 1st round pick , he has shown potential as a tap ruck but offers very little around the ground very similar to our own graham.

asking for pick 14 (acording to your supporters isnt really fair)
you must accept that he is an out of contract player thats seen as your 4th ruck that wants more games & wants to go home !

you wont get top dollar for him.
Jacobs at worst would be worth pick 30 and no latter...

No ruckman that can play first ruck and has 10 years of career left in him is worth any worse than pick 30... hell Hale is even getting higher picks offered... and Jacobs would eat him alive in the ruck...

Pick 14 alone was never going to happen and unlike other supporters... i never thought it would.... however a 4 pick upgrade is ridiculous... and asking for the compo pick is more than fair reasonable...

I hope Adelaide do stand strong on the offer... I would celebrate as hard as when we picked up Judd if we can somehow retain Jacobs

That offer should be a wake up call for the Carlton supporters thinking they'll get a good pick for Jacobs or Walker or both.

New interchange rules next year.

Sellar + empty chip packet? Take it and run.
Why would we? having an empty spot to possibily pick up another Garlett is actually better option... in other words... Delist Jacobs would be worth more to Carlton

No ruckman that can play first ruck and has 10 years of career left in him is worth any less than pick 30... hell Hale is even getting higher picks offered... and Jacobs would eat him alive in the ruck...

Pick 14 alone was never going to happen and unlike other supporters... i never thought it would.... however a 4 pick upgrade is ridiculous... and asking for the compo pick is more than fair reasonable...

I hope Adelaide do stand strong on the offer... I would celebrate as hard as when we picked up Judd if we can somehow retain Jacobs

you must realise that with the new rule changes a player like hale and browne for collingwood are now in demand due to dual position capabilities

whilst i agree with you that jacobs is a good ruckman, he has played a handfull of games & is a 1980's style tap ruckman thats not versatile

if you could combine jacobs with hampsons versatility then yes 1st round pick. i would be disgusted if i was a crows supporter & my team gave up a pick under 20 for him.

i dont believe anybody is having a go at you or your opinions but there have been many carlton supporters shooting off their mouths about pick 14 and holding cards amatuer crows trading etc etc .

looks like a reality check for parrot & friends

The Age has reported that the Crows have offered Pick 14 for Jacobs + Pick 18.

Offers that stupid and insulting are how negotiations end up dead in the water before any real trade talk can begin.

Compo pick

hmm, interesting

which suggests that the delay in trading may actually be more to do with Walker and Tambling than Jacobs

i.e Jacobs is the we'll he is going so we'll do him last type deal and Tambling and Walker mucking things around.

what I mean to say, is if the Crows weren't looking at Tambling and Walker the deal would be done.*

* I would suggest that if the compo pick was used there would be something else, what i wouldn't know, and not a great deal (probably something stupid like swapping picking 74 and 57 or whatever the mix is.)

Offers that stupid and insulting are how negotiations end up dead in the water before any real trade talk can begin.

Ironic that after all the ridiculous bleating on here it may well be 'were always reasonable' Adelaide holding up the works.

Ironic that after all the ridiculous bleating on here it may well be 'were always reasonable' Adelaide holding up the works.

Why wouldn't we offer as little as possible?

If we can get away with it, awesome, if not, so be it

Just like you asked for the best possible pick, if you got it, you'd be stoked

pick 14 is too high anyway.

From the Hun

Andrew Walker (Carlton): Adelaide firming. Dogs will struggle to get a deal done.

Sam Jacobs (Carlton): Wants the Crows but Carlton baulking at asking prize. Is he worth pick 14? Doubtful.

Richard Tambling (Richmond): Cats last night said no. Saints are said to have a small interest; Adelaide is known to be most keen.

Why wouldn't we offer as little as possible?

If we can get away with it, awesome, if not, so be it

Just like you asked for the best possible pick, if you got it, you'd be stoked

The principle is fine...all for it. But surely even you guys have to laugh at yourselves a bit here. For 68 pages we've heard how reasonable you guys are to deal with, and how Carlton are being unrealistic. Opposite may well be true. Emma Quayle backs this, and I'll take her word over a couple of no name flogs in a Hun chatroom.

The principle is fine...all for it. But surely even you guys have to laugh at yourselves a bit here. For 68 pages we've heard how reasonable you guys are to deal with, and how Carlton are being unrealistic. Opposite may well be true. Emma Quayle backs this, and I'll take her word over a couple of no name flogs in a Hun chatroom.

being a little selective much !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you're talking about Jacobs... I think you will find Carlton has been fair and Adelaide not fair with their offer

Pick 14 is not fair.
Pick 14 for 18 is not fair.
Pick 30 I think is fair considering PSD is an option.
Otherwise 30 and a 5th rounder should do it.

Tippett, Maric and Moran rotated well in 2009.

You can't carry 3 rucks anymore even if they can play a variety of roles.

Add to this a substantial loss in experience through the midfield with retirements and a quality tap ruckman becomes critical.

given you want to pay a guy 1 mill over 3 years says you really need him too

Jacobs and Warnock as the rucks

Kreuzer forward
......with henderson

Waite as the swingman

This works

So what you're saying here is that Carlton can carry 3 "rucks" into a game but Adelaide can't?

If you think Kruezer is more capable of holding down a key position than Tippett, then you are seriously deluded. Kruezer has three 3 goal hauls to his name thus far and averages about a goal every 2 games. Tippett on the other hand has a 7 goal haul, a 6 goal haul, three 5 goal hauls, nine 4 goal hauls etc. and averages close to 2 goals a game.

Tippett isn't even considered a ruckman by our club, he is considered as a genuine key forward, who just happens to be able to ruck. We've trialled using him as a 2nd ruckman rotating forward, however we've never really actually rotated Maric, Moran and Tippett as 3 ruckman. At the end of the day, Tippett is at his most dangerous and most valuable to the team when he's allowed to play a full game as a key forward.

Get your facts/story straight please before you start professing to know about our clubs situation on our board.

Oh get off your high horse ffs, in reality we have no idea whats going on with the trade discussions. Emma Quayle would have no more idea about whats going on in these negotiations than any of the f***s at the HUN. This stuff isn't even her area of expertise, her's is writing puff, feel good pieces about potential draftees. She's very good at it and I enjoy her pieces, if you're after info on draftees, where they rank etc she's definitely your girl.

Trading is a different arena however, it is the domain of gutter journalists like Hutchy, Barrett and Wilson.

At the moment, I don't think we can draw a whole heap at all from the first days discussions, just that neither club is in a particular hurry to get the deal done. They've just followed the old negotiation manual 101, start at extremes and slowly work towards a happy medium, there's no hurry, they've got all week to do it to. Absolutely everything written in the media must be taken with a pinch of salt at this time of year, so please wait until trade week is over before hopping up on your high horse would you, especially on our board:thumbsu:

If you think Kruezer is more capable of holding down a key position than Tippett, then you are seriously deluded. Kruezer has three 3 goal hauls to his name thus far and averages about a goal every 2 games. Tippett on the other hand has a 7 goal haul, a 6 goal haul, three 5 goal hauls, nine 4 goal hauls etc. and averages close to 2 goals a game.

don't know about this. I'd take Kreuzer as a key forward over Tippett 99 times out of 100. and then the one, would be purely cause I hit the wrong button in error.

I don't mean this as a slight to Tippett, but Kreuzer is a special case.

don't know about this. I'd take Kreuzer as a key forward over Tippett 99 times out of 100. and then the one, would be purely cause I hit the wrong button in error.

I don't mean this as a slight to Tippett, but Kreuzer is a special case.

he is a better ruckman for sure. But Tippet outdoes him as a stay at home FF.

Kruzer will have to be a leading forward, given his size that is going to be a difficult task to counter, especially if Carlton have more than 1 tall forward.

If the reports are true (and Emma Quayle is normally dead on) and we have turned down your offer of #14 for Jacobs + #18 and your second round pick (somewhere in the #30's) then I hope we end up re-signing Sauce for another year as opposed to selling him for unders.

I'd be more than happy for Jacobs to ruck with Warnock next year (and try to turn Hampson into a KPP).

I think the Bock Compo Pick will head to Richmond for Tambling.

If the reports are true (and Emma Quayle is normally dead on) and we have turned down your offer of #14 for Jacobs + #18 and your second round pick (somewhere in the #30's) then I hope we end up re-signing Sauce for another year as opposed to selling him for unders.

I'd be more than happy for Jacobs to ruck with Warnock next year (and try to turn Hampson into a KPP).

This would make me happy also. Carlton keep Jacobs, lets get Tambling and Walker. Jacobs is a 3rd rounder at best.

This would make me happy also. Carlton keep Jacobs, lets get Tambling and Walker. Jacobs is a 3rd rounder at best.
You will have the same problem with Walker.

After the Tambling trade you won't have any picks left to offer up.

#14 is apparently off limits

Talia, Davis, Henderson, McKernan etc are off limits

Your second round pick (#30's) isn't acceptable

Looks like Walker (who is more inclined to stay than Jacobs) will stay also.

Unless you worked out a trade with Richmond for Tambling whereby you hand over the Bock Compo Pick and get Tambling and their 2nd round pick in return - and then you packaged up their 2nd round pick and yours (and even then I'm not sure it will get over the line).

No ruckman that can play first ruck and has 10 years of career left in him is worth any worse than pick 30... hell Hale is even getting higher picks offered... and Jacobs would eat him alive in the ruck...

Why? You don't need him. It's a silly wish. He'll be unhappy and not getting opportunities.

Have you thought maybe this is karma? Carlton playing funny buggers demanding pick 14, resulting in serious hardball from Adelaide when they fall back to the Bock pick (which has already been dealt for Tambling)?

The deal will get done, but Carlton's appalling behaviour pre-trade has made a rod for their back. Swann and Icke, the dooby brothers.

She says two offers were knocked back - 14 for Jacobs + 18 was the first, straight swap for our second rounder was the 2nd. My guess is the eventual trade (if it happens) will be something like what you've outlined - 14 + 2nd rounder for 18 + Jacobs. I think both clubs would walk away a little disappointed which means its probably fair enough.

You will have the same problem with Walker.

After the Tambling trade you won't have any picks left to offer up.

#14 is apparently off limits

Talia, Davis, Henderson, McKernan etc are off limits

Your second round pick (#30's) isn't acceptable

Looks like Walker (who is more inclined to stay than Jacobs) will stay also.

Unless you worked out a trade with Richmond for Tambling whereby you hand over the Bock Compo Pick and get Tambling and their 2nd round pick in return - and then you packaged up their 2nd round pick and yours (and even then I'm not sure it will get over the line).

Good-o. Carlton won't accept fair compensation for Jacobs, they won't get a trade.

It's your marvellous Swann and Icke's fault - idiots and amateurs asking for pick 14, which was never reasonable, and losing access to the Bock pick in the first place which was then used for Tambling. If Swanbrains and Icky had managed to calm the fire in their pants they might have realised seeking the Bock pick first up would have been a smarter move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back