Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep picks 14-23 have produced 6 all Australians by my count in 15 years.

That's 150 players picked.

Some desperate idiot knocks on your door one day and offers you a brand new car that may or may not last you 10 years for free.

Only 6 out of 150 of these new cars have lasted 10 years.

Do you care?

No you take the keys and shake your head at the desperate idiot...
as he walks off to pay someone on the gold coast a premium price for a ferrarri that's spent the last 2 years at the mechanics.

No Treloar was 2 1st rounders unless you mean the accumulated points total for the second rounders. The points system is of little relevance unless you are chasing F/S or Academy kids. Let's not confuse list cloggers for elite 1st round calibre talent.

Collingwood got a 2nd rounder and Treloar for their 2 firsts.
Let's not confuse making hawthorn look good with facts.

Ameet's an amateur in the same way that Neil Armstrong was just a guy strapped to a chair attached to some fireworks.

The guy got us carlisle and gresham for 5 last year, and backed that up with the most risk free maximum reward trade possibly ever done.

Absolute worst worst worst case for us, we get pick 22 for FREE.
Pick 22 free for absolutely no risk, at worse.

At best, Pick 1 absolutely totally FREE pure profit for absolutely zero risk to us.

Hawthorn have already almost given us back pick 10 in value, now all we need to do is wait and see if our profit is worth pick 22 (amazing) or better, all the way up to once in a lifetime pick 1.

If he's an amateur, I'm not sure what that makes dodoro and every other chump that could have, but didn't make that happen.

303059_785a49628c6f273c2c21c7fb25ab25db.jpeg
Can I ask you something? If GWS's kelly wants to come to you next year and GWS play hard ball like GC and the only way to get him is with a deal like the one we did with you, would you be happy for your club to do it or would you be pissed off?

Lost it! We didn't give you the equivalent of pick 10 next year, it will be dependent on where we finish. If we finish 10 then you get the equivalent of pick 10.

100% wrong in a lot of ways.

Not least of which if you finish 10th, we get pick 9.

You didn't quite give us the equivalent of pick 10 in value back already- but it was very close to it.
So that's why if you win the flag, we get pick 18- but 'only' win the trade by the equivalent of pick 22 for free.

If the unthinkable happens and you don't win the flag, it's a sliding scale of win for us.
Culminating in you guys finishing bottom and us getting the equivalent (and actual) pick 1 for free.
Not pick 1 instead of pick 10.
Pick 1 in value for free.

I suspect understanding this is beyond your capabilities though, so I'll leave it there.

Of course I'm not expecting you to finish bottom, merely taking you through the range of possibilities btw.

You didn't quite give us the equivalent of pick 10 in value back already- but it was very close to it.
So that's why if you win the flag, we get pick 18- but 'only' win the trade by the equivalent of pick 22 for free.

If the unthinkable happens and you don't win the flag, it's a sliding scale of win for us.
Culminating in you guys finishing bottom and us getting the equivalent (and actual) pick 1 for free.

I suspect understanding this is beyond your capabilities though, so I'll leave it there.

Of course I'm not expecting you to finish bottom, merely taking you through the range of possibilities btw.

Afl releases a points system designed for Academy kids linked to draft pick numbers. And ur one of the Muppets that think it's now the bible on rating trades. Oh my how shallow our thought process is. Look to the future, it's in the distance, u can nearly touch it if u try.....................

But you said equivalent and now you are back tracking, we obviously measure success via different metrics. Congratulations on the trade win:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're either trolling or really cant see the bigger picture of this list management thing (ie dumb)
Jordan Lewis clearly wasn't happy at being shopped around, Sam Mitchell was at least taken aback by the suggestion; if you can't accept that this wasn't the smoothest of trade periods, you don't really have a right to call other people dumb. Maybe it will all work out, but it's not a leap to suggest it may backfire.

Jordan Lewis clearly wasn't happy at being shopped around, Sam Mitchell was at least taken aback by the suggestion; if you can't accept that this wasn't the smoothest of trade periods, you don't really have a right to call other people dumb. Maybe it will all work out, but it's not a leap to suggest it may backfire.
He might not have been happy but now he is on an AFL list for 3 years, he will always be welcome back. If you can't accept the players perspective on this I can't help you.

Their reaction & exit (which is heartbreaking for us) has nothing to do with our long term list strategy.

Honestly how many times do we need to repeat this.

All the vets could have been retained whilst bringing in our targets this year. It became apparent that 2 needed to go for numerous reasons. Gamestyle needs work, personnel/team balance (next season) & development.

Their reaction & exit (which is heartbreaking for us) has nothing to do with our long term list strategy.

Honestly how many times do we need to repeat this.

All the vets could have been retained whilst bringing in our targets this year. It became apparent that 2 needed to go for numerous reasons. Gamestyle needs work, personnel/team balance (next season) & development.
I personally think you're putting the best positive spin on it. But even if that is the truth, it doesn't exactly put the club in the best light from a players' point of view, willing to cut loyal players loose to sign the next flashy, expensive young thing.

Jordan Lewis wasn't shopped around.

He was told he had 12 months left of a contract that wouldn't be renewed, and that he should look elsewhere for his own benefit. So he rang Viney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back