Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want him @ the blues

Why the hell not? A 23 year old KPP who can play forward and back, albeit better as a defender, who is capable of playing at All Australian standard.
If we do end up getting him, it would be great for our rebuild...given the WADA situation and us having pick 1 in the PSD, we might just get him for unders as well.

Why the hell not? A 23 year old KPP who can play forward and back, albeit better as a defender, who is capable of playing at All Australian standard.
If we do end up getting him, it would be great for our rebuild...given the WADA situation and us having pick 1 in the PSD, we might just get him for unders as well.

We just got rid of a couple of players who chose when to try

If we have to get back on topic then I have five things to say:
  • Carlisle is worth pick 7-20 on football ability
  • Carlisle is slightly concerning on the team side of things given what he is doing....add to that injury concerns...dilutes value a bit for mine (not much tho)
  • Why would he come to us...worried about that bit. Carlton are shit; just not cheating scumbags like essenscum
  • I don't want Carlton to go down the PSD route if Carlisle is interested in us...better to become a club that supports win/win trades
  • I don't care that much whether we get him...a nice player with suspect temperament

If we have to get back on topic then I have five things to say:
  • Carlisle is worth pick 4-12 on football ability

He will be an AA CHB.
There's no doubt, bookmark it if you wish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally? Outsiders have laughed for nearly a decade at how you won't get with the times and accept where you are.

It's not even for accepting where one is as for the nature of the culture.

Carlton and Essendon have probably been the two most arrogant clubs in AFL history and now we'll have to suffer for that arrogance.
Good lesson.

Page and a half of terrible banter.
Carlisle won't stuff Essendon over, however yes, it means we won't get as much for Carlisle.
Says who?
If we believe what he's said then there's a chance he could just walk out and we'll get him in the PSD.

Says who?
If we believe what he's said then there's a chance he could just walk out and we'll get him in the PSD.
Yep.
Obviously if he does this he screws our club over however if you look at the only positive if he does this he is a poor character and we are best off losing him. However losing him for no return would be a bitter pill.

Yep.
Obviously if he does this he screws our club over however if you look at the only positive if he does this he is a poor character and we are best off losing him. However losing him for no return would be a bitter pill.
Carlton do have some serious leverage here in this situation. We don't have to pay overs for him, and Carlisle can get to what we're being lead to believe is his club of choice.

Carlton do have some serious leverage here in this situation. We don't have to pay overs for him, and Carlisle can get to what we're being lead to believe is his club of choice.
Yep.
No doubt.
Could screw us major league.
You then are paying big bucks to him but giving nothing up.

Yep.
No doubt.
Could screw us major league.
You then are paying big bucks to him but giving nothing up.
This leverage is predicated on the assumption that he will nominate Carlton and only them. North, Geelong and St Kilda would all still be in the mix. Also, each of those clubs has a better chance of success going forward.

This leverage is predicated on the assumption that he will nominate Carlton and only them. North, Geelong and St Kilda would all still be in the mix. Also, each of those clubs has a better chance of success going forward.

Time will tell, but posters on here are saying Carlton is his preferred club.

Reports have come not only from some Carlton posters but from other clubs as well, which usually increases the chances its true.

Have no doubts Carlton would be his preffered destination. The defining factor would be if he's open to going to other clubs, if not then we're gona get screwed.

Fitting he took one of the game saving marks for us today, as he's done a few other times. Atleast his last memories for me in bombers colours will be of that mark, if he does choose to leave!

Just want trade period to hurry up now

I have come to the conclusion we will get a deal similar to last years for Ryder.

We will end up getting a pick in the 15-25 range along with a pick in the late 30's or a second rounder next year.

Just think it will take all of trade period because it will be like Ryder. Essendon will want more. Whoever they are dealing with won't have more.

I have come to the conclusion we will get a deal similar to last years for Ryder.

We will end up getting a pick in the 15-25 range along with a pick in the late 30's or a second rounder next year.

Just think it will take all of trade period because it will be like Ryder. Essendon will want more. Whoever they are dealing with won't have more.

I would be staggered if Carlton gave up 2 picks for Carlisle, due to the fact that we have some father son potentially to get.
I would say there will be a one time offer of either a late first (that we potentially will get) or our 2nd round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back