Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

I do believe St.kilda will wait on the potential band 1 compo for both brisbane and carlton before making an offer. If they both achieve band 1 compo St.kilda will then effectively have pick 7 in the draft which changes everything in a draft most people believe runs 5 deep in A grade elite talent.

Because of the academy kids (Mills and Hopper) their 5th pick is allready pick 7 I think. If the compos come through then they will be down to 9th.

Of course Dodoro's going to start with a probable out of reach request. It's called negotiation - even if it's via a media communication to nobody in particular.

As an Essendon fan I'd be pretty pissed if Dodoro came out and said "we'll only accept a 25-40 pick for Jake".

As for WADA, we'll have to wait and see. Opposition teams didn't have a problem with it the last two years when trading with us

A lot of clubs don't take this path at all and look for win/wins in what is a tough situation. Bombers are notorious for being stubborn, difficult and over-valueing of any of their players. Note: This is not a shot at Essendon, it is just the truth. Carlton are exactly the same...a shit club to deal with on the trade table. Both clubs are the worst in the AFL. They are both mentally still stuck in the 90s of 'I have to look good and look like I shafted the opposition'. Some dumb people around - im hoping Carlton can change with SoS around.

So in summary so far:

Essendon deserve nothing because *feels*
Essendon deserve lots because *feels*
He'll chose [insert club] because *feels*
Other clubs have no chance because *feels*
You have accurately summed up this thread so far.
Please alert me something substantial is posted here, or I should just buy the paper each day and hope he chooses North.

Pretty obvious that Jake is not overly happy with Essendon and if they stuff him around he is highly likely to walk to the PSD.
Dum dum post.
His manager has clearly stated this is not the path to be taken.
Not good for jake even worse for McConville as he builds mistrust with a club with whom he will need to deal with in the future.
Your monikor is appropriate as your post was purely emotive and sucked.

FWIW, my opinion is:

Hendo is the same as Carlisle (WADA threat aside) - mid to late first rounder. No higher than 12-13, probably closer to 15. Both talented KPs who can play at either end but serious questions over consistency and attitude.

Yarran - mid first rounder. Unbelievably talented and all Carlton fans know what he will do in a stronger side that can get him in space. No higher than 10 though, hasn't produced consistently enough to warrant it....and no club with pick 10 would use it on him. Feels like RIchmond's first is about right.

Bell - decent secound rounder given his year this year.
Henderson is not as good as Carlisle and his scope for improvement not as high for mine but it is subjective.

efc hold no cards here .
Whoever Carlisle nominates will shaft efc .
Save yourself some heartburn , accept this and move on ...
I agree we will get shafted but we don't want the shaft to go right up and tickle our nose! :)
We are going to have like your club plenty of heartburn :(

Saints are very keen to get either Parish or Matheison. A class midfielder is a higher priority than a tall defender at the moment. If it means we miss Carslile then I'd say the club will let him go.

I think you are falling for the trap of overrating a player you are trading out. What exactly has he done to deserve a top 5 pick? 2/3's of a good season two years ago? He is a really good talent but is a bit of a risk IMO.
Fair enough mathieson definitely available. To me he has a lot of similarities to some of your good inside mids.
I would probably take bonner in front of mathieson but that's just my crazy opinion.

Jake is worth a top 10, 1st round pick everyday of the week! Even though I don't like him at the club in his current state of mind. But in real life I have meet him a few times and found him to be a top lad and loves a chat. Greener pastures will see him grow and I hope he goes to a Bulldogs or Saints. I cant see him going to Carlton because they wont give up their 1st round picks and also if he goes in the PSD to them then he would be Essendon fans most hated player, also going to an even worse team isn't a smart idea.

Only Carlton deal I can see possible would be - Carlisle + 1st Rounder Pick 5? --for-- Kruz Compo pick (2nd overall).
Basically they pick Weitering and wait 3 years for him to come on or get Carlisle + Pick 5 (Gun Mid).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of clubs don't take this path at all and look for win/wins in what is a tough situation. Bombers are notorious for being stubborn, difficult and over-valueing of any of their players. Note: This is not a shot at Essendon, it is just the truth. Carlton are exactly the same...a shit club to deal with on the trade table. Both clubs are the worst in the AFL. They are both mentally still stuck in the 90s of 'I have to look good and look like I shafted the opposition'. Some dumb people around - im hoping Carlton can change with SoS around.
I don't ..i want them to do the best for the carlton Football club ..it's not a popularity contest ya know ?

Jake is worth a top 10, 1st round pick everyday of the week! Even though I don't like him at the club in his current state of mind. But in real life I have meet him a few times and found him to be a top lad and loves a chat. Greener pastures will see him grow and I hope he goes to a Bulldogs or Saints. I cant see him going to Carlton because they wont give up their 1st round picks and also if he goes in the PSD to them then he would be Essendon fans most hated player, also going to an even worse team isn't a smart idea.

Only Carlton deal I can see possible would be - Carlisle + 1st Rounder Pick 5? --for-- Kruz Compo pick (2nd overall).
Basically they pick Weitering and wait 3 years for him to come on or get Carlisle + Pick 5 (Gun Mid).
You're 100% right picks are overrated. I'd swap pick one for a 23 year old established chb.

Even if you have pick one you're gambling on getting a player like Carlisle and you have to wait five years to find out if you do. Crazy stuff.

You're 100% right picks are overrated. I'd swap pick one for a 23 year old established chb.

Even if you have pick one you're gambling on getting a player like Carlisle and you have to wait five years to find out if you do. Crazy stuff.
I was waiting on someone to bag me LOL. I cant remember what pick Carlsile was but surely his stock has improved since that original pick. He is ready made. And to me I honestly see him being one of the best defenders for spoiling and contested marks. He would still be at Essendon if he could kick straight at goal when he played forward, also he was never happy forward , I myself was never happy as a supporter having him forward.

Slot him in at CHB in a team with a good culture and you have a player that's a season off being AA @ CHB.
Top 10 pick is fair for a young established KPD with tons of potential.

Hoping for a single 1st rounder from either Saints, Bulldogs, North. I think he would be happy at either one of these teams.

If Carslile ends up at North, Essendon may get that first round draft pick they are after.

If he goes to the Saints, I'd expect either 2 2nd round picks (this years and next) or this years 2nd round pick and Seb Ross (or someone similar)

If he ends up at the Blues, the Bombers are stuffed. I don't expect him to walk to the PSD but I expect the Blues to play hard ball knowing that it's a possibility.

Reads club board:
Overrated spud, never did, glad to be rid of...

Reads trade board:
Shattered to lose, world beater, worth 2 first...

Reality is in the middle. Loads of talent but a poor work ethic. Would be good to keep but not earth shattering to lose. Hopeful of mid to late first rounder.

Carlisle uncontracted
Saints wont give a top 10 pick
Blues definitely wont give a top 10 pick.

If North offer their first round pick 12-15 - take it and run.

Carlisle uncontracted
Saints wont give a top 10 pick
Blues definitely wont give a top 10 pick.

If North offer their first round pick 12-15 - take it and run.
If st Kilda don't give up first pick or a player of quality they probably don't get him.
Carlton have the variable of psd if jake chooses them.
I wonder what the hawks would give up?

If st Kilda don't give up first pick or a player of quality they probably don't get him.
Carlton have the variable of psd if jake chooses them.
I wonder what the hawks would give up?

If strong word is true and Carlisle nominates Carlton - I am sure both clubs will have fun nutting it out

Honestly, lets drop the *feels*

Whoever Jake choses to go to, will get him, it wont be Essendons choice unless jake says i don't care who i go to, that doesn't happen often.

The deal will feel unfair and overs / unders to one of the sides supporters.

None of us have any idea what the deal will be yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back