Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

North know they have this year to win one or they're stuffed for a decade.

Hence all the top ups with Higgens, del Santo etc. This would make perfect sense. What's the point in recruiting another late round draftee, like they have so often? They are all in on a premiership right now.

Brad Scott knows the only way he keeps his job is a flag. No long-term thinking at North right now
15 for Anderson is nuts. Strengthening a competitor.

If the Hawks get Carlisle I'm never talking shit about the Swans ever again. I wonder if the AFL will institute a trade ban on Hawthorn next :rolleyes:

Glad someone else said it. It is a bit of a joke actually.

because he's a highly rated player who can play day one, unlike another Garner, McKenzie etc

garner is a future jet.

What I cant understand, North are helping hawks to get stronger by getting a second round untried quality kid. There pick would have easily gotten them a high quality outside player, greater then Anderson IMO. This is a weak draft but solid till at least pick 20.

How many KPP do the Hawks want to trade in rather then develop... :eek:
Well I'm thinking that the Hawks have got the recipe pretty down pat. While they develop some of their own, they use what they have to trade in. This means that they see picks as valuable for players with current capability, because their list is otherwise pretty good. Doesn't work when the list is bad - that's when you try and develop and build slowly.

It may not pan out, who knows JC might get to saints via PSD yet, but it's possible when they look back if they miss him to Hawks they will think "maybe we should have been seeing our draft picks as more value for a developed player than for a skinny kid with lots of potential", the way the Hawks have done for years. Maybe they are right, maybe they are too far off to play like Hawks at trading. But after parading him around and so on they will look a little silly if he ends up at Dawk land.

15 for Anderson is nuts. Strengthening a competitor.
yes but Brad Scott doesn't have the luxury of time. If he doesn't win a flag at the end of this contract he's pretty much done for, and even if he wins another one they simply don't have the cattle. They are all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good deal if it goes through for essendon. Pick five is too much ultimately and thats fair enough.

Also fair enough they'd make the most of the deal

Suspected they'd make a play once lake was retired.

All up to Jake now I guess.

what sharks?

the closest anyone has come to one, has been carlton might be interested in the PSD even though carlton has given no indication that they will be interested, yet they have shown interested in taking lennon there

richmond just denied interest
Brisbane apparently made an offer, Hawthorn will apparently make an offer, Carlton will remain interested, Richmond may or may not have made an offer.

St.Kilda aren't the only ones after him. Time to get a move on.

with no COLA it's a nonsensical argument
Actually it's not. The Hawks are playing by the rules, as did the Swans. AFL would have to trade ban the Hawks too.

Essendon fans thinks Carlisle is worth pick 5 but would be happy with picks 15 and 18?

If the Hawks offered 15 and 18 for pick 4 would you take it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back