Player Watch Jake Stringer, AFL'S biggest flop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage stringer today.

The bloke is a genuine powerhouse superstar match winner killer of a player who you all would love plonked in your own goal square.

You know he’s special.

You dimwits just don’t want to admit you adore him from afar.

Games like today actually reinforce the point...
The level of overreaction to everything Stringer does is ridiculous and tiresome.

Jake has one bad game last week and everyone piles on. I mean I could get it if he'd been playing rubbish for weeks then sure but it was literally 1 single game.
Then this week he has a good game and its tumble weeds.

Sometimes I wonder why people can't just accept he's a good but not great player and move on with their lives.
Bulldog supporters in particular can't seem to let it go which is weird since its many years now ago now that your mob didn't want to keep Stringer and the decision hasn't come back to hurt you in any particular way.

The level of overreaction to everything Stringer does is ridiculous and tiresome.

Jake has one bad game last week and everyone piles on. I mean I could get it if he'd been playing rubbish for weeks then sure but it was literally 1 single game.
Then this week he has a good game and its tumble weeds.

Sometimes I wonder why people can't just accept he's a good but not great player and move on with their lives.
Bulldog supporters in particular can't seem to let it go which is weird since its many years now ago now that your mob didn't want to keep Stringer and the decision hasn't come back to hurt you in any particular way.

It’s got nothing to do with which supporter base is asking the questions and whether or not he’s a shi*, good or great footballer.

We’ve seen him at his best, and the questions have been, why aren’t we seeing it more consistently and why does he continuously rock up to pre season out of shape.

You as an essendon supporter should be as annoyed as anyone regarding the latter. He gets paid well - he should be rocking to pre season in the best shape possible every year. No questions asked.

Shi* pre seasons and lack of fitness = more injuries. You reap what you sow.
If you’re happy enough with his output and efforts over summer, then expect inconsistencies and injuries.

Last edited:
You as an essendon supporter should be as annoyed as anyone regarding the latter. He gets paid well - he should be rocking to pre season in the best shape possible every year. No questions asked.

Shi* pre seasons and lack of fitness = more injuries. You reap what you sow.
If you’re happy enough with his output and efforts over summer, then expect inconsistencies and injuries.
Knee to the head last round 2022 knocked him senseless. Took it into preseason. But let’s not jump the gun.

Knee to the head last round 2022 knocked him senseless. Took it into preseason. But let’s not jump the gun.

Hope he goes well this season, but:

A) it’s not the only time he’s rocked up to pre season unfit.

and;

B) a head knock in August isn’t an excuse to rock up to pre season out of shape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he goes well this season, but:

A) it’s not the only time he’s rocked up to pre season unfit.

and;

B) a head knock in August isn’t an excuse to rock up to pre season out of shape.
Head knocks are a dodgy area, you’ll have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He’s a beautiful footballer Jake, yeah he loves a tim tam, a VB. He’s given us so much joy in a barren time.

B) Yes, it is.

He could still train in some capacity and was given the all clear to fully train by December.

Happy to let the 2023 pre season slide, doesn’t excuse the other years where he has rocked up unfit. It begs the question that if he did train harder, would we see more of his talent more often? Hence the thread I guess.

Hawks / Suns and GWS at home??

Hardly top form lines to write home about.

Anzac day going to be an interesting watch.
Can't all have beaten North, GWS and an underdone Geelong.

Vintage stringer today.

The bloke is a genuine powerhouse superstar match winner killer of a player who you all would love plonked in your own goal square.

You know he’s special.

You dimwits just don’t want to admit you adore him from afar.
People will always ask the question, did he get the best out of himself? (And they will do so in an exaggerated scathing way because it's the internet)
He's still a good mercurial forward at worst

He's always one to watch as a neutral. Can do the outrsgeous, then disappear, then reappear with something eyepopping.

I do wonder about his weight, he is very beefy, he looks like a WWF wrestler. If he was trimmer, he wouldn't lose much strength, his power may actually increase with higher speed of movement, and he could be moved around different positions. I vaguely remember him being starting off at the bounce in the past, if he had license to just run hard at ball I'm sure he could cause a bit of oppo havoc. Have to just accept, though, some brain fades from time to time.

Well, even if his career fades away to nothing, at least we’ll always have the memory of him defecating in Tom Boyd’s locker.

People will always ask the question, did he get the best out of himself? (And they will do so in an exaggerated scathing way because it's the internet)
He's still a good mercurial forward at worst

You have no idea what you’re talking about and clearly don’t watch the superstar closely enough to see the sublime skills he routinely performs.

He’s a very unique player. A marquee player. A power forward whose is as skilled as Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jake Stringer, AFL'S biggest flop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back