Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood fans are still crying about the Beams deal.

But I got to say, your VFL team will be stacked.
Nobody at Collingwood is crying about the Beams deal - we're laughing it up at the success of Crisp, DeGoey and Greenwood.

Lions need points for next years academy kids . We Had enough points For keays And hipwood already

So was a win for us as well​

Collingwood lose because they are getting a self entitled prick who played 11 games averaging 14 disposals.

images

I think this worked out pretty well for everyone. People will break it down and try and see winners and losers but I think each club has different agendas and plans they work too. In this case I think that happened in a round about way.

Thats about fair value for Aish. I am happy with Aish and would have been just as happy with the two picks.

Brisbane obviously had their points thing to achieve and North took advantage of that to climb up the draft order.

The draft picks and academy are speculative and they will eventually decide if this was all a good idea or not. I think Brisbane & Collingwood know what they are going to get with Bastinac & Aish - blue chip investments.

Collingwood lose because they are getting a self entitled prick who played 11 games averaging 14 disposals.
lol - better stats than our 2015 3rd placed B&F'er had at the irrelevant club.

Good trade all round from an outsiders view. Roos get some good picks for Bastinac and some later picks. Collingwood get their guy, even if they may have overpiad slightly, although if we see year 1 Aish again it will look great. Brisbane ensure they get 3 guns over the next 2 drafts + Bastinac and lose a guy who didnt want to be there.

Everybody else loses because we get to see another year of s***fights between Collingwood and Brisbane fans over who won or lost a win/win trade.

+1 they look really stupid now. He should never have come out so strongly. As soon as he did that they either force Aish to the draft and look really tough or unless they get top 5 pick for Aish look weak and stupid.

The story of all this is that Brisbane have once allowed themselves to be manipulated by a bigger, more powerful club. We didn't even have to declare lawfare on Brisbane and get him through restraint of trade.

Also Leigh Mathews might be goat coach and player but he should leave the business stuff to the big boys.

Looks like a win / win to me which is exactly what Matthews was talking about.

"The concept of trading is everyone wins." Leigh Matthews - October 8th 2015.

Brisbane gain:
Part 1: Ryan Bastinac (ready-made short-mid term replacement for Aish instead of a long term replacement which means we start again from scratch), Pick 38, Pick 40, (effectively Keays - who is a long term replacement for Aish - and key position prospect Hipwood who can play both end of the ground)

Part 2: 2016 2nd rounder, 2016 3rd rounder to add to Brisbane's existing 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders (effectively securing Jacob Allison - a likely 2016 Top 5 draft pick and helping with any draft bidding deficit from 2015, IF one is incurred)

Brisbane lose: Pick 17 and James Aish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bahaha - no future in Treloar, Aish, Adams, Crisp, Moore, DeGoey, Frost, Howe, Elliot, Greenwood, Langdon, Williams......

Treloar is the only confirmed top quality player in that list.

Some have massive potential, some have potential, and Howe is a flog.

I loved the Pies supporter saying he will be great playing forward. He cant kick. His only safe spot is on a wing where he will neither concede goals, nor kick behinds.

Eh.

I thought if you traded a future first round pick, you couldn't trade any other future round picks.

Didn't the Pies trade their future first round pick to GWS for Treloar.

How can they also trade their future second round pick to the Lions?

The second round was an on-traded one (for Freeman?), so IIRC they can be traded still.

Someone tell me how we did well?

North received picks No.17, 26, 28 and 47
North Lost: Bastinac and picks No.34, 38, 40, 53 and its 2016 third-round pick.

This is how I see it, we upgraded all of our 2015 draft picks and lost bastinac and a roughly pick 35 for next year?

Done bloody well out of that. Reckon Pies paid more than they would have wanted to, and Brisbane taken less.

Reckon Basti will do well up at Brisbane.
Effectively 2 second rounders for a former pick 7 from just 2 years ago sounds like a great deal to me.

Someone tell me how we did well?

North received picks No.17, 26, 28 and 47
North Lost: Bastinac and picks No.34, 38, 40, 53 and its 2016 third-round pick.

This is how I see it, we upgraded all of our 2015 draft picks and lost bastinac and a roughly pick 35 for next year?

Easiest way to look at it:

IN: 17, 26, 28, 47, Anderson
OUT: 15, 34, 2016 third, Bastinac, Currie

Treloar is the only confirmed top quality player in that list.

Some have massive potential, some have potential, and Howe is a flog.

I loved the Pies supporter saying he will be great playing forward. He cant kick. His only safe spot is on a wing where he will neither concede goals, nor kick behinds.
The point is that list of players plus others go well beyond 2016

Eh.

I thought if you traded a future first round pick, you couldn't trade any other future round picks.

Didn't the Pies trade their future first round pick to GWS for Treloar.

How can they also trade their future second round pick to the Lions?
I thought this was the case but I was told u can trade other future picks that were not originally yours the one pies traded was from saints for freeman

The point is that list of players plus others go well beyond 2016

Given what you have traded away, you'd hope so.

Geelong and Collingwood very much are focussing on right now. Usually its what you see successful clubs doing. I really do think its because both coaches are under the hammer and need something in 2016 or else they are going to get cut.

Where as the board and management should not be taking such a short term view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Aish [traded to Collingwood for #26 and St Kilda's 2016 second round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back