Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said I like and respect Aish. But seriously I hope it is the start of our club turning over players with in my humble opinion not crying out keep me. I cod name another 1/2 dozen

Then going to be Massive Turn Over in the 2020 Trade Period Then

He seems sad but basically what happened I think is Collingwood said we don't have big plans for you so if you want to find a better opportunity, we will help you, and thats what he decided to do...

Does sound he wanted to Stay but Club had lost Faith in Him of Being a Long Future at Collingwood.

Longmiure Rates him and with Hill Leaving they had Cap Space to Fit him in and he has a Future for Aish

As good a deal we could have expected in the circumstances.

The future second alongside our own should cover our academy player should he prove worthy of a 1st round bid and allow us to use that 1st round in next years trade period.

We could potentially look to trade it for say Gold Coasts pick 15 this year if someone we really liked was still available.

Just shows it was all about the money because we gave him up for probably a 10 pick improvement in the 2020 draft which isn't much.

The 2 4th rounders swapped cancel each other out.

Well the Beams trade been a Disaster looking back a Year Later

Aish + pick 69 + future pick likely in the 50s

Sold for a future pick likely in the 25-35 range and a future pick likely in the 60s

Good deal for a player that is serviceable but readily replaceable

Good luck to James at his new club. Will always remember the courage he showed vs the Hawks in 2017 when he broke his cheekbone. And for showing feminists where'd they be without chivalry

images (6).jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see you go Aish, I don’t think purple is a good colour for you.

Good luck, don’t play well against us or don’t play at all. Have fun in Perf

He seems sad but basically what happened I think is Collingwood said we don't have big plans for you so if you want to find a better opportunity, we will help you, and thats what he decided to do...
Yes that’s what it was.

Good treatment to assist him.

No axes to grind by club and or him.

Im just hoping thats a freo 2nd and not the GWS 2nd

Sounded what he was Saying he was Kind of Forced out

Dave - try and listen to Aish talking and not the media guys. Commentators always try to make drama out of every situation, because its gets clicks and shares, and they try to trap players into adding to that drama - Aish did not do that.

What Aish said was this:
He and the Club had been negotiating for the last 6 months about extending his contract. (They obviously had not come to an agreement).
In the last 5 days, the Club had conversations with a few players about what their contract position would look like next year.
(I am taking a guess, but I reckon the conversation was something like this: We have some big priorities to re-sign next season, you aren't one of those guys. All we can garauntee you is X number of dollars (say $400k, down from his current $600k - possibly). If you don't want to agree - feel free to explore other clubs. Or wait 12 months and see what happens with other contracts)
Aish and his manager explored other clubs - and Freo came knocking with a contract he wanted.
Both clubs agreed to the trade. Done.
(The other players who were "talked to", either decided against exploring options, or didn't get offers they wanted... so will stay on our list for the next 12 months, at least)

Thats the business. At the end of the day - best outcome for all 3 parties.

Dave - try and listen to Aish talking and not the media guys. Commentators always try to make drama out of every situation, because its gets clicks and shares, and they try to trap players into adding to that drama - Aish did not do that.

What Aish said was this:
He and the Club had been negotiating for the last 6 months about extending his contract. (They obviously had not come to an agreement).
In the last 5 days, the Club had conversations with a few players about what their contract position would look like next year.
(I am taking a guess, but I reckon the conversation was something like this: We have some big priorities to re-sign next season, you aren't one of those guys. All we can garauntee you is X number of dollars (say $400k, down from his current $600k - possibly). If you don't want to agree - feel free to explore other clubs. Or wait 12 months and see what happens with other contracts)
Aish and his manager explored other clubs - and Freo came knocking with a contract he wanted.
Both clubs agreed to the trade. Done.

Thats the business. At the end of the day - best outcome for all 3 parties.

You are Probably Right but I am big fan of his just makes it bit harder to Swallow the Club did not see what I saw in him

Thanks for the service, Aishy - you had some ripper moments and were hampered by injury every time you built some momentum. Here’s to a long and prosperous career in the west. 👍

I am Super Sad that Aish was Forced by Poor List Mangemt.

But also Glad it's over so I can move on though I be still Following his Career atFreo
Looks like great list management to me.

Planning ahead and forcing out expendable players for whom we have depth.

EDIT: Nonwithstanding the Beams deal looks bloody stupid now.

Well the Beams trade been a Disaster looking back a Year Later
Probably the wrong time but Beams in 9 games averaged 25 possessions so that’s not a disaster.
(Caveat: it could be better still but it’s not a disaster more a disappointing petering out of his season.)

The Beams tale will be better judged in a few years.

By contrast Aish played 14 games this year, 5 more games, averaged about 15 possessions.
Different players, different positions but Beams is a whole different level of talent.

Our club should never be afraid of bringing in better players of which Beams is one.

Risks can be taken on grade A talent, and better to pass on medium talent that’s getting long in the tooth like Jenkins as an example.

It’s a shame for Aish but at least he gets an opportunity to continue his career and likely play game on game.
That’s to his benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back