Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

It just hurt to see him in another Club though I probably get use to it

One of the best things about being a Collingwood supporter is also the hardest. We love our club and its players so much that we can have our hearts broken. that means it is hard to let go when a player moves on. I cried my eyes out when Luke Ball retired.

I have met James Aish a few times and he is such a lovely, humble guy who takes time to talk with you so whilst i understand the logic of the trade, i am sad to lose such a good character from the club.

Other clubs like Richmond, GWS and Hawthorn have moved on players to achieve longer term success without seeming to feel it quite as painfully.

You are one of the magpie army. We literally bleed black and white but when we feel the joy it is like nothing else. as soon as you feel that you will move on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think you are right in the first 6 words.

Not comparable, different talent levels.
Treloar is A grade talent.
Aish is nice medium talent.

If the 18 clubs each had to pick only one of Treloar or Aish, the scorecard comes back 18 - 0.
And Aish isn’t the 18.

Aish has been in the system with two clubs for a good few years. He’s never shown close to what Treloar brings to the table. And with all the opportunity in the world, he never will.
Just not on the same talent sphere.

That’s no slight to Aish, but Treloar is a different beast.
That may be true but if you asked those same 18 clubs would they want Aish and two pick, 7 and 8 or Treloar I am suggesting it might be closer than that.
2015 Charlie Curnow Eric hipwood sam weideman were on offer.
2016 griffin logue Oliver Florent

I know it doesn’t mean we would have picked those but hence my comment on Hindsight.

I just think in the current situation and salary Treloar doesn’t represent value.

All the best to Aishy, I'm definitely sad to see him go and not keen on the club pushing out contracted players who are keen to stay. But it's done now, so chin up!

Hope he goes well at Freo, given the circumstances I think we did reasonably well in the deal

TradeDraft IF Longmuir didn’t get the job at Freo, Aishy would still be here.
He wasn’t pushed out, he was invited and went.
Like you, I am disappointed he’s gone and wish him all the best.

and don't we have at least another 10 outside of big 3 out of contract as well?

And you'd imagine they've all been told very similar things about their potential contract extensions. They opted to stay, Aish opted to explore other options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be the alcohol talking but I would have rather kept Aish than Treloar. If Aish was given the same opportunity I think he would have been a better value $/output proposition. And we would have kept two top 10 picks. Hindsight.
Yeah that’s definitely the alcohol talking

Good luck James Aish, the depreciation on you in only 4 years from two picks in the twenties to something around thirty makes you look like an Alfa Romeo, so I will call you Alfa now and expect you to have a random electrical fault and come to a complete halt on the Tonkin Freeway and need to be towed to Joondalup for repairs where they find you riddled with rust.
Yes, I owned an Alfa too!

And you'd imagine they've all been told very similar things about their potential contract extensions. They opted to stay, Aish opted to explore other options.

Dave in a sense is in "mourning" jackcass.

Yesterday was day one for him.......to be honest I was proud of him yesterday and I told him so.

Being such a passionate supporter I think he handled it very well............even though I copped a few of these :mad: when the news broke.
To his credit when I asked him to take a break yesterday he did.

He still has his besties in Moore & Grundy at our Club. Hopefully they both get signed over the summer and Dave can choose another player to idolise.

You're a legend TradeDraft never change mate.

Yesterday was day one for him.......to be honest I was proud of him yesterday and I told him so.

Being such a passionate supporter I think he handled it very well............even though I copped a few of these :mad: when the news broke.

He still has his besties in Moore & Grundy at our Club. Hopefully they both get signed over the summer and Dave can choose another player to idolise.

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't noticed that myself....

Good luck, Aishy. Hope you play well at your new team, except maybe when you.play the Pies.
My lasting memory of you will be the awesome tackle you did on Dan Rioli in the 2018 Prelim. Took him down with desperation and willingness to put the body on the line.
Thanks for the time at Collingwood.

Thanks CFC2010

I'm a fan of Aishy.
That said, I can't see anything wrong with what's transpired.
Longmuir would know he has one year to go and approached him with a longer term deal.
His Manager sought some comfort and we couldn't give it.
Aishy thought about his options and decided to take the deal.
All power to him and I wish him well.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, but I do suspect we were a bit more proactive in putting his name out there and encouraging him "to explore his options" than your description suggests. When you look at all the rumours - salary cap, Cox, Aish, Shaz , even Phillips. They all fit to a tee with the idea that we were trying to create salary cap space by moving on guys who are likely to be on middling money, yet are also likely to be seen as expendable or not fully justifying their salaries.

It’s going take a fair bit to turn him into a Docker though. I get the feeling he was devastated at not being offered security by the Pies & has begrudgingly become a Freo player.

Don’t get me wrong I think he will, but Buckley has developed a fantastic culture at the Pies & was part of the reason I was stoked when Jlo came on board.

I sincerely hope you can win a flag over the next 2 years for Bucks, because after that we’ll hopefully be ready.😀🤞

All the best.

It’s going take a fair bit to turn him into a Docker though. I get the feeling he was devastated at not being offered security by the Pies & has begrudgingly become a Freo player.

Don’t get me wrong I think he will, but Buckley has developed a fantastic culture at the Pies & was part of the reason I was stoked when Jlo came on board.

I sincerely hope you can win a flag over the next 2 years for Bucks, because after that we’ll hopefully be ready.😀🤞

All the best.
I’ve heard Longmuir live and he’s a very impressive individual.

And he looks like he’s in charge.

Excellent get by your club.

If you have the requisite players he won’t leave stones unturned in his planning and execution.

Top shelf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back