Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

qJOoyoJJ.jpg

James Bell

Player Profile

QBE Sydney Swans Academy product James Bell was rewarded for shining NEAFL form when he was called up for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 21, 2019. The young Swan is one of Sydney’s quickest players, attacks the footy hard and can play on the inside of the midfield, on a wing or at half-forward. In a tribute to his family, Bell celebrated his first AFL goal with a striking Indigenous dance at the MCG in Round 22 last year.

James Bell

DOB:10 February 1999
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited:

The fixation with lining up behind each other to slag this guy off is really weird.
Was there some gem at pick 70 something that we missed by not having an extra list spot? Is there a player since Dean Towers that we shouldn’t have delisted? You need a list of 38 odd. It looks as though Bell sits at around number 25 or 26 in order of selection on our list.

I thought he played ok on Friday night.

The fixation with lining up behind each other to slag this guy off is really weird.
Was there some gem at pick 70 something that we missed by not having an extra list spot? Is there a player since Dean Towers that we shouldn’t have delisted? You need a list of 38 odd. It looks as though Bell sits at around number 25 or 26 in order of selection on our list.

The only thing i've lined up for is a covid shot . I have been consistent about Bell and he probably if between 25 and 30

I do as well, but I don't know if you can justify spending a list spot on someone in 25-26th spot when he hasn't seemed to get higher, but lower in the pecking order. Would you rather keep him or take a punt on someone in the rookie draft. Ultimately we will have to find players to delist to bring others through, and Bell might just be a victim of an AFL career.

Does not make him any worse of a person, and he obviously gives his all.

I do as well, but I don't know if you can justify spending a list spot on someone in 25-26th spot when he hasn't seemed to get higher, but lower in the pecking order. Would you rather keep him or take a punt on someone in the rookie draft. Ultimately we will have to find players to delist to bring others through, and Bell might just be a victim of an AFL career.

Does not make him any worse of a person, and he obviously gives his all.
But he has got higher. Last year he wouldn’t have been in the top 30. At least not at the start.

Whilst he keeps improving, however gradually, I’d keep the local kid rather than punting on another rookie lister, especially unseen due to pandemic.

But he has got higher. Last year he wouldn’t have been in the top 30. At least not at the start.

Whilst he keeps improving, however gradually, I’d keep the local kid rather than punting on another rookie lister, especially unseen due to pandemic.
?
Last year he played rounds 8, 9, 10, bye, 12, 13, 14, 17, and 18.

He was about the 23-24th player. Had a very good run at it. Now he has been moved down by Warner and Gulden who have improved or come in this year.

I don't think he's moved up on the line up, unless I'm missing something.

?
Last year he played rounds 8, 9, 10, bye, 12, 13, 14, 17, and 18.

He was about the 23-24th player. Had a very good run at it. Now he has been moved down by Warner and Gulden who have improved or come in this year.

I don't think he's moved up on the line up, unless I'm missing something.
Yes but last year we were gutted by injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In tall stocks, not small/medium forward stocks. We only had ronke injured at that point and Hayward out of form.
And Heeney. But more importantly we had mediums playing tall roles and small playing medium. I remember he started off well then dropped off but we couldn’t drop him because the cupboard was bare.

In any event, unless they’re dropping a dozen, he shouldn’t be dropped this week.

And Heeney. But more importantly we had mediums playing tall roles and small playing medium. I remember he started off well then dropped off but we couldn’t drop him because the cupboard was bare.

In any event, unless they’re dropping a dozen, he shouldn’t be dropped this week.
No game this week

I thought Bell went ok against the Hawks. Maybe his best game? Still didn't impact much, but the effort was there at the contest I think, which hasn't always been there previously.

There were plenty who went worse on Friday.

Fantastic interview with James on Yokayi Footy, a big episode in Naidoc week.

7:32 Swans v West Coast chat
13:30 Interview with Belli starts

What a great guy. Proud to have him wear the red and white.

Tony Armstrong is such a Blood. Bless him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back