Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

qJOoyoJJ.jpg

James Bell

Player Profile

QBE Sydney Swans Academy product James Bell was rewarded for shining NEAFL form when he was called up for his AFL debut against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 21, 2019. The young Swan is one of Sydney’s quickest players, attacks the footy hard and can play on the inside of the midfield, on a wing or at half-forward. In a tribute to his family, Bell celebrated his first AFL goal with a striking Indigenous dance at the MCG in Round 22 last year.

James Bell

DOB:10 February 1999
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited:
bell was good against west coast ... he doesn't have to be a star, but he seems to be better each time i've seen him this year, he works hard
Can't ask for more than someone who is working hard and improving with each outing. He's never going to be a superstar, but he's giving it his all.

Can't ask for more than someone who is working hard and improving with each outing. He's never going to be a superstar, but he's giving it his all.

Agreed. Did lots of team things and created for others. He really deserved the goal at the end but not to be. Suspect his GPS and hard sprint numbers would have been high.

Agreed. Did lots of team things and created for others. He really deserved the goal at the end but not to be. Suspect his GPS and hard sprint numbers would have been high.
Most sprints and repeat sprints for the game. He also had the second most sprints against Port behind SPP, and once again, the most repeat sprints. He also covered the most ground in that game. Starting to make sense why the coaches seem to rate him.

Most sprints and repeat sprints for the game. He also had the second most sprints against Port behind SPP, and once again, the most repeat sprints. He also covered the most ground in that game. Starting to make sense why the coaches seem to rate him.

Thanks for that. It is nice to know every now and then the numbers confirm what your eyes tell you.

Thanks for that. It is nice to know every now and then the numbers confirm what your eyes tell you.
It's clear he has the speed and endurance to get to the footy. I'm growing in faith that he will come good as his confidence and knowledge of his role grows.

This will be the first week I won’t be upset about him keeping his spot, which probably means he will get dropped lol.
But he is starting to show us/me on field what he clearly shows the coaches off field which keeps him in the selection frame. Hopefully he has set himself a standard from the last couple weeks and keeps to improve. Can’t question his effort that’s for sure.

I remember watching the WC game at the time and thinking that this is an improved performance, however after seeing the replay I now think it was because my expections may have been set very low. He did a few good things, but they are things we would expect the other players to do anyway. He also made quite a few mistakes. I really hope he does well, but I fear that we are now seeing his ceiling.

I remember watching the WC game at the time and thinking that this is an improved performance, however after seeing the replay I now think it was because my expections may have been set very low. He did a few good things, but they are things we would expect the other players to do anyway. He also made quite a few mistakes. I really hope he does well, but I fear that we are now seeing his ceiling.

I think anybody could of come in against the Eagles and looked good they were putrid in that game.

Talk about modern footy talk and another one is at times he doesn't execute

Should check out the conniptions on the other site because one poster jokingly referred to him as Ding Dong :tearsofjoy:

Apparently using a nickname that refers to a person's last name is denigrating and racist :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Should check out the conniptions on the other site because one poster jokingly referred to him as Ding Dong :tearsofjoy:

Apparently using a nickname that refers to a person's last name is denigrating and racist :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I was actually going to call him that as it's an Aussie term ( could be others) that anyone called Bell gets that whether they ar GREEN , ORANGE , BLACK or WHITE . This world has lost the plot. Soon calling someone Macca will be wrong as it will offend Scots !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baffled by what Horse sees in him

How he was picked ahead of Fox when delistings came last year needs a royal comission

Nothing has changed since his time at the Swans. He just does not improve. I read somewhere that he triggered an extension. Another year of this.

Ok, James missed 25m right in front. It happens.

But James doesn't have any instinct for the game. He has been coached for running patterns, and skills etc but you can't coach instinct.

Hayward get a good shot at a mark with his hands ready for the mark and James throw his fist at the ball and spoils it in F50 about 20m from goal. His kicking has exposed at kicking for goal a few times late in games, (see Wicks).

He does want his coach wants, i have seen Reid do it too.

He is a good kid and works really hard but doesn't have the feel of what to do, go in or stay out and really will not be much better in 2, 3 or 5 years.

We have given him a chance and has reached his ceiling. Time to move on, that is it leave the kid alone. He doesn't pick himself.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Past James Bell - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back