News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

So did they behave any worse than Stangle?

Need to be seriously bringing the AFL into disrepute to warrant any suspension.

The fact we haven't even heard about this before now & if just distasteful doesn't warrant anything except a fine at worse... otherwise opens up a huge can of worms for suspending players for what they do in private.

Bloody ridiculous imo.
Apparently, this all resulted from an anonymous allegation, presumably from a woke player, since only players were present.
Suspensions have been handed down with no attempt to get testimony from the "offenders". I reckon the lawyers should be trotted out here: they would have a field day. GWS found nothing wrong and should employ the lawyers against the AFL.

How is the culture now, since everyone will be trying to discover the woke player?

I don’t disagree mate

Players have been cleared of no legal wrong-doing

But I’ve said this during the year - unfortunately our game is now ran by two ex lawyers in Andrew Dillon and Laura Keane

It’s now all risk adverse

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, posted on the main board that the AFL has too many lawyers & not enough football people in key roles.

Brian Cook should have got the job, then Ben Gale... rather than last 2 CEO's.

Apparently, this all resulted from an anonymous allegation, presumably from a woke player, since only players were present.
Suspensions have been handed down with no attempt to get testimony from the "offenders". I reckon the lawyers should be trotted out here: they would have a field day. GWS found nothing wrong and should employ the lawyers against the AFL.

How is the culture now, since evreyone will be trying to discover the woke player?
****ing ridiculous if all from a private party & nothing illegal.

If there are penalties handed down, where does it end?

How is the culture now, since everyone will be trying to discover the woke player?

A player didn't necessarily rat them out. It could be a player filming and showing the footage to someone else, who then rats them out

They should be embarrassed having rolled so quickly on ANB and leaving everything extra they needed for Peatling on the table. I normally rate Reid highly at this time of year, but there was no reason not to walk away from the ANB deal, knowing Melbourne would have to return to the table at some point.

Why would Melbourne return? AVB has a multi-year contract and rated extremely highly there.

They should be embarrassed having rolled so quickly on ANB and leaving everything extra they needed for Peatling on the table. I normally rate Reid highly at this time of year, but there was no reason not to walk away from the ANB deal, knowing Melbourne would have to return to the table at some point.
Why does it matter? Do you not think we'll get the Peatling deal done? If we were just going to hand over the steak knives anyway, who cares whether we play hardball on this trade instead of that one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it matter? Do you not think we'll get the Peatling deal done? If we were just going to hand over the steak knives anyway, who cares whether we play hardball on this trade instead of that one?

Anything we can keep and push to next year is an advantage. You’re a mathematician, surely you understand value.

You specifically said that we had left what we needed for Peatling on the table.

If we "needed" it for Peatling, then we weren't going to get to keep it anyway.
We are dipping into next year.
Could have traded out of this one and into next as that’s what GWS want instead of using what we are.

We are dipping into next year.
Could have traded out of this one and into next as that’s what GWS want instead of using what we are.

Who cares what GWS want? The trade will get done either way. GWS have no leverage here.

We were either going to drag out the ANB trade to get a tiny scrap more and then immediately hand it over to get the Peatling trade done quickly, or else quickly do the ANB trade, accept a bit less, and then drag out the Peatling trade to get it done a bit cheaper. Same difference in the end.

Who cares what GWS want? The trade will get done either way. GWS have no leverage here.

We were either going to drag out the ANB trade to get a scrap more and then quickly hand it over to do the Peatling trade, or else quickly do the ANB trade, accept a bit less, and then drag out the Peatling trade to get it done a bit cheaper. Same difference in the end.
Well
Obviously when you’re buying you need the same currency as what they want.
I don’t understand why you don’t think both couldn’t be done cheaper?
Sure it’s little gains but in a competitive industry you have to take any advantage you can.

We seem to want to keep a F2. Could it be because it means we can then still trade our F1 on draft night if a player we want is available? Can we not upgrade a rookie (Keane) and have an extra pick? Or do we just not have that list flexiblity?

No. This will be us done - I think we want an F2 because we have a reasonable upside player we want to get in for cheap for once. We are only having 1 live pick this year and probably want to have a few next year before the Devils arrive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well
Obviously when you’re buying you need the same currency as what they want.
I don’t understand why you don’t think both couldn’t be done cheaper?
Sure it’s little gains but in a competitive industry you have to take any advantage you can.

I think it's a bit simplistic to just say "we should have done better than whatever we did" in every case.

We had two trades to work out. Clearly, if we dragged out the ANB trade, GWS would be sitting there saying "don't bother to call us again until you've got something extra from Melbourne to hand over for Peatling."

Getting the ANB trade done early put the ball square back in GWS's court. Here's our draft hand, figure out what you guys want or else lose him for free in the PSD.

In any event, we're talking deep in the margins here. I really struggle to give a damn about getting an extra future 3rd or 4th.

We had two trades to work out. Clearly, if we dragged out the ANB trade, GWS would be sitting there saying "don't bother to call us again until you've got something extra from Melbourne to hand over for Peatling."

In any event, we're talking deep in the margins here. I really struggle to give a damn about getting an extra future 3rd or 4th.
I’m not suggesting we should have done better, but I think there was no harm in trying something.
We’ve done not much for a week and a half, time isn’t an issue.
Why are you suggesting we should now care what GWS want?
I think we are talking not using a 2nd?

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back