MRP / Trib. James Sicily tackle on Hugh McCluggage

How many weeks for Sicily?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was right near it at the game. Was a nudge not pushing him into the ground.
You see this 20-30 times every game.

Also when he noticed Mccluggage was in trouble he stayed with him and called the trainers over ........but you wouldnt have seen that on the TV .

He will get a week 1-2 weeks , really not sure what else he could do except not tackle him at all .
Glad Mccluggage is ok , was a very awkward landing.

You could see as the camera panned away that he stopped then stepped back to McCluggage to check on him.

I assume the MRO cites him but hopefully the Tribunal looks at all the circumstances. He was on the ground at the time of the tackle and grabbed him by the hips and McCluggage had both arms free.

Momentum and possibly a glancing collision from Brockman caused the roll and everything else was something you see dozens of times a game but with a rare unfortunate outcome.

With dangerous tackles we see what the AFL wants to stop. Pinning arms, double motions, lifting the player, driving them in to the ground with force, etc.

What do they penalise and want to stamp out here? Would any of what happened be in the informational video they sent to all the clubs during the week highlighting what is not okay?

Looks like I’m in the minority but honestly think this one is clear cut. Under his body weight, he has swung the Lions player full circle and as a result the player hit their head and was concussed. This action was the action that the dangerous tackle law was originally brought in to stop.

Looks like I’m in the minority but honestly think this one is clear cut. Under his body weight, he has swung the Lions player full circle and as a result the player hit their head and was concussed. This action was the action that the dangerous tackle law was originally brought in to stop.
This isn't even close to the action they want to stop. The outcome yes, but the action was absolutely perfect

Hawks fans are busy doing what all fans do when their players are clearly getting a week and coming up with all kinds of theories why their special boy is exempt.

It's a sling tackle and he'll get 1 or 2 weeks. I suspect 2.

He grabbed him by the hips and pulled him down. Both arms free. No double action. The only sling was caused by momentum (lets penalise physics next).

How many additional tackling motions do we need to outlaw if we decide literally any time a player gets injured we penalise the tackler?

You would also need to penalise players attempting to mark the ball if someone in injured. Include spoils as well.

We can label it an "Owie" penalty. Cause doesnt matter, only the outcome. 2 weeks for an Owie.

He grabbed him by the hips and pulled him down. Both arms free. No double action. The only sling was caused by momentum (lets penalise physics next).

How many additional tackling motions do we need to outlaw if we decide literally any time a player gets injured we penalise the tackler?

You would also need to penalise players attempting to mark the ball if someone in injured. Include spoils as well.

We can label it an "Owie" penalty. Cause doesnt matter, only the outcome. 2 weeks for an Owie.
Pulled him down? 😂 He slings him.

He was on the ground. How do you sling someone without them having momentum?

Want to point to any of the video clips and show where Sicily caused it ?
The part where McCluggage is moving to right of screen and ends up on the left on the other side of Sicily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your eyes must be painted on.

If Sicily gets suspended for that the game is broken.
Hawks fans are busy doing what all fans do when their players are clearly getting a week and coming up with all kinds of theories why their special boy is exempt.

It's a sling tackle and he'll get 1 or 2 weeks. I suspect 2.

Coleman pushes him, Sicily loses his feet completely and tackles him lower than he was aiming for, brockman gets in the way putting mccluggage more forward, Sicily is underneath and cant see a thing. Cite the Cerra case. Will play next game.

They'll tell him he should have let go, as McLuggage was in a vulnerable position - and the last 'dump' in the tackle, was unnecessary.

I don't like it, but there are so many examples of this, this year, that there's no getting around this.

Yeah I just saw a slo motion and Sicily has his hand.

McCluggage lands on top of Sicily when Brockman bumped his back on the way through so I would love to hear what other options the AFL will say Sicily had.

The argument the AFL has been using this year is that he should've let him go instead of completing the motion with his arm pinned and in a vulnerable position. Brockman coming over the top does well to get out of the way, and if anything slows the momentum of McCluggage as he's swung around.

I think he'll get given 2 weeks by the MRP. Whether he gets off at the Tribunal or not, I have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. James Sicily tackle on Hugh McCluggage

Back