Jarrad Waite - is he elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Kevin Sheehan for bringing the word 'elite' into popular footy vernacular. Most overused, misused term on this site.

I wouldn't hang my hat on that selection - he stunk it up big time in that game.

So did Pavlich.

Waite is a very good player, and would get a game in any side. Yes, even Geelong (would be walk up start in the forward line, probably at CHF) and Hawthorn (easily replace Ladson at HB or Birchall). Easily.

He is not elite however, and i don't know if he ever will be...he simply gets thrown around the ground too much. He's a Mr. Fix it. I don't doubt that if he played in a team that was a consistent finals player and had a strong spine, he'd be a much better player.

Love watching him.

Greetings Viewers

No he is not elite.

An elite player has several seasons where he is considered by his opposition that he will change the outcome of games. Well that's my definition.

Waite is in good form, but still too early in the season and probably his career to consider using this superlative.

Regards

Dicko

F**k me dead here boys. Did I once make a definitive statement in that OP...all I did was put the question out there to generate some discussion. I thought that was the point of forums like these.

Did anyone actually read what I wrote..or did you all predict from the thread title that I said he was the best player in the league and an absolute certainty for the brownlow?

I can respect legitimate argument but some of the shit you guys serve up...wow!

(Was this post understood? Or should i dumb the English down abit for some of you?)

i didnt no it was 1st of april again man carlton suppoerters u got to love them , 2 wins and they think its in the bag , get your hand off it

I love this type of unthinking response. True the OP was a Carlton fan but the other 17 Blue posters who replied to the statement, all to a person disagreed with the OP and you can make that 18 "no's" if you include me.

Has played out of position for this his second year because there isn't anyone developed enough to take on the role. Waite has very limited defensive skills and would be better suited to CHF or HF where he can run up to the wing.

Waite has fantastic athleticism and his skills are quite good, he is not however elite.

Best and most accurate post I've read so far. He's not elite, but nor is Bock, Mackie, and a host of other overrated defenders. Waite would find his niche at CHF but because of team balance he finds himself behind the ball playing an aerial Luke Hodge role.

How typical that the media would praise Waite only when we start winning.- He was every bit as good last year. This is the sort of bandwagon support that sees 9 All-Australians from the same club... Very sad... Having said that I do rate Waite a better player than Mackie and Bock because he does both roles particularly well.

F**k me dead here boys. Did I once make a definitive statement in that OP...all I did was put the question out there to generate some discussion. I thought that was the point of forums like these.

Did anyone actually read what I wrote..or did you all predict from the thread title that I said he was the best player in the league and an absolute certainty for the brownlow?

(Was this post understood? Or should i dumb the English down abit for some of you?)

Yes, you never did make a definitive statement, but to even think and then suggest that he would even be considered an elite player merely highlights how out of touch with reality you truly are.

To dumb it down a bit, it'd be like asking whether or not Magda Szubanski is hot. i.e there's a definitive answer that everyone agrees with, and if you were to suggest otherwise, you deserve to be the butt of jokes, be ostracised by your peers and be labelled as an idiot.

Y'know, like you have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been playing some good footy for sure.
Elite? No.

Honestly is are we going to cycle through every carlton player with these threads?
I suppose they haven't had anything to get excited about for a long time, they're like little kids......

Oh wait, school holidays.

Exactly my point from earlier. This sort of thread on the main board will always attract a lot of rubbish posts, and very little substance.

You can see the same barely literate posters here that pop up on all such threads and contribute absolutely nothing...and as always a reasonable percentage from Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood.

You were on a hiding to nothing from the outset.

He's athletic. Not elite.

Gibbs will be considered elite if he keeps up his current standard of Football. Waite... not so much.

For mine there are only maybe 8 elite players in the AFL and these are players like Ablett, Pavlich, Judd, Franklin, Cox and Richo. I would be embarrassed to use Waite in the same sentence as these guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrad Waite - is he elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back