Free Agency Jarrad Waite signs with North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

no. validation is winning GF.

you didnt pick him up to win an elimination final.

So what he did on the weekend dosen't justify picking him up??

Please - he was a match win in a massive final in front of 90,000 people. That is a great result!!

No it doesn't.
I disagree. That 1 match made us taking him the correct move. It cost us zero and won us a final.

You can disagree but as a supporter of the club it gets my tick of approval. We could have gone for a Jessie white and really stuffed things up.....

I disagree. That 1 match made us taking him the correct move. It cost us zero and won us a final.

You can disagree but as a supporter of the club it gets my tick of approval. We could have gone for a Jessie white and really stuffed things up.....

Whatever floats your boat. If you lose this week you'll have gone backwards.

At 32 and in his 13th season, he is going to play his most games in a season now with the prelim. It might be a dad's army but if they are playing as well as they ever have and are on the park, it does not matter.

Averaging almost 3 goals a game in the last 2 months.

That we did, especially when you consider that we finished the season with Matthew Watson playing KPF.
Watson played after Henderson walked out and Casboult missed due to injury.

Different for Waite playing as the third tall where he was the first or second tall target at Carlton. IIRC, Richmond started Bachelor on him. Far too tall for a medium.
Some interesting reading in this thread, especially enjoyed the knock on Higgins. But as the old saying goes Jarrad is worth his Waite in goals.
Waite hadn't cracked the 40 goal mark at Carlton, let alone the 50 goal mark like Walker. Needed to do more at Carlton.

Higgins has been good, yet he didn't do his shoulder in round one like Thomas who was also primed for a good year. Swings and roundabouts.

Waite hadn't cracked the 40 goal mark at Carlton, let alone the 50 goal mark like Walker. Needed to do more at Carlton.

Higgins has been good, yet he didn't do his shoulder in round one like Thomas who was also primed for a good year. Swings and roundabouts.

Absolutely Waite goes down injured early- we look like dills. Waite was a good footballer at Carlton and he's good at North. Not a superstar by any means. Wrapt for him and us.

Still loathe FA though.

Watson played after Henderson walked out and Casboult missed due to injury.

Yes. That's our depth. Casboult injured and we're playing Matty Watson. If you're compensating clubs for free agents then Carlton should have received compensation for Waite leaving; our best player in a position we have such little depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick up, equal leading goal kicker. Considering Aaron Black has gone backwards and North's three KPP draftees have all endured season ending injuries, he's not preventing development. He'll prove to be the perfect stopgap while getting them into a prelim.

North have really used FA to their advantage.

People need to stop overrating him he is lucky that he plays on the 3rd defender each week who is the weakest link, put a proper full back on him will be lucky to get a goal.

That thing that irks me is bolded. We got no compensation for Waite at all. Considering that he could be the difference between success and failure for North, that appears to be a terrible decision.
However, the Free Agency process as it exists at the moment is ridiculously unfair and unreasonable. That needs changing, but I can't see many changes for the better.

Maybe you should have played your best backman on him then
Why would you when the rest of the forwards are more dangerous which is why you play your best backs on them, waite is a rare thing in a team as not many play the 3 talls

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Jarrad Waite signs with North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back