Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

For a bunch of smarter-than-everyone-elses, you sure are a bunch of cowards. Kennett should be quiet so we can get money? You're encouraging we be bought off, regardless of topic? He should shut up for disagreeing with the party line on the approach to covid?

Take a look in the mirror, cowards. You're all a disgrace.
I think we all know who needs the mirror.

I think we all know who needs the mirror.

Ha! From your bunker you give this advice? I'm not afraid to face the day. Not afraid to speak my mind. Not one to ever say someone should keep their mouth shut and toe the line for money.

It hurts to hear that what you mistook for bravery is actually cowardice. That what you believed was free thinking was actually compliance. I have some sympathy. But not a lot. Because you also mistake mobbish behaviour for sophistication.

Ha! From your bunker you give this advice? I'm not afraid to face the day. Not afraid to speak my mind. Not one to ever say someone should keep their mouth shut and toe the line for money.

It hurts to hear that what you mistook for bravery is actually cowardice. That what you believed was free thinking was actually compliance. I have some sympathy. But not a lot. Because you also mistake mobbish behaviour for sophistication.
😂

Carry on making excuses for an out of touch political has-been who runs the HFC like it’s his own personal play thing.

😂

Carry on making excuses for an out of touch political has-been who runs the HFC like it’s his own personal play thing.

And yet here we are saying he should keep quiet so that we can get our money from the politicians who would withhold it. No indictment of the petty pols who distribute public monies to their personal benefit and preference.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back thinking you've managed to hide smallness of your beliefs.

And yet here we are saying he should keep quiet so that we can get our money from the politicians who would withhold it. No indictment of the petty pols who distribute public monies to their personal benefit and preference.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back thinking you've managed to hide smallness of your beliefs.
Keeping his mouth shut about state politics is just one thing he should do as the president of the HFC.

I'm saying he should keep quiet because he's spreading lies and needlessly alarming the public. The fact he's our President just makes it embarassing. I can guarantee if what he's saying doesn't eventuate then he won't be out there apologising either.

In terms of the Presidency, I'd like to thank him for the job he's done (which has been pretty good overall) and look to move on to younger blood.

For a bunch of smarter-than-everyone-elses, you sure are a bunch of cowards. Kennett should be quiet so we can get money? You're encouraging we be bought off, regardless of topic? He should shut up for disagreeing with the party line on the approach to covid?

He can say whatever he wants to say responsibly as a person, not as a president of a club.

What about the members of the club that have complete opposite views from Jeff regarding this topic?

Probably he should just relinquish his presidency and focus on politics instead of trying to do things half-half.

For many people our love to the club is surpassing the boundary of gender, race, religion and politics. The footy club can unite people, let keep it that way please.

Is this an appropriate response to a member at a highly emotional time in regards to both the footy club and society at the moment?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-225924.png
    Screenshot_20210820-225924.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 95

Carl your views are yours and although I don't agree I respect your right to believe your truth but you are losing sight of the bigger picture only 5% of the issue is Jeff in the media the other 95% of what he is doing internally within the club is what worries me more so.

Honest question: Have you ever had a professional job where publicly mouthing off at your most important external stakeholders would get you fired?

Is this an appropriate response to a member at a highly emotional time in regards to both the footy club and society at the moment?
Yep. Some ignoramus fan sending bs like that we can do without. Write a constructive informed letter not 'lets burn stuff'. I swear these days total anarchy is the only way people think changes can be made.

Sure, but why can't our president just not respond? Makes the whole joint look like a rabble engaging negatively with members about hawthorn on social media, it isn't the appropriate forum in. Though it could be argued we are a rabble so maybe this is to be expected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a big fan of Jeff and the good he's done for HFC but past mths/year probably longer, am starting to get feed up with his antics.
Not over money but getting HFC into things that, really have nothing to do with hawks.

He can speak his mind and tweet as much as he likes but shouldn't be doing it as a representative of HFC.

Hawk are a football club not a political party.
If not attacking political parties, it's attacking AFL, if it's not AFL it's interfering in rival clubs affairs with inappropriate commented, if it's not that it's something else.
None of it is any of HFC buisness.
Politicians and business leaders and rival clubs refusing to talk Jeff.

IMO spending to much time/commentary on matters that don't have anything to do with HFC.

Time for a fresh new president who sole purpose is improving HFC.

Shame shame shame
I'm Derryn hunch
That's life.

Sure, but why can't our president just not respond? Makes the whole joint look like a rabble engaging negatively with members about hawthorn on social media, it isn't the appropriate forum in. Though it could be argued we are a rabble so maybe this is to be expected?
I agree. He is not in politics any longer. Any political clout he still has left should be used with the best interests of the club in mind.

If Jeff comments or anyone else invites comment about any events relative to the political climate he needs to find a conduit for that that does not involve or impact the HFC.

Not sure how he does this or if he wants or feels the need to.

it's almost impressive how ignorant you are.
Why are you such a Kennett bootlicker? The man is scum, intentionally doing scummy things to stir shit, and is dragging Hawthorn through his bullshit anti-state government takes.

Yep. Some ignoramus fan sending bs like that we can do without. Write a constructive informed letter not 'lets burn stuff'. I swear these days total anarchy is the only way people think changes can be made.
The appropriate response as the HFC President is to just ignore the response and not engage. Jeff could has just continued his political rant without acknowledging the person. What he has done here is sent a message to Hawk members that if you don't agree with my political stance you shouldn't be a Hawthorn member.

For someone who is supposed to be political savvy he dropped the ball here. He has blurred his political views with HFC. As said before he is entitled to his opinion (for me I'd rather he didn't as others have pointed out) but he continually crosses the line e.g. wearing Hawthorn gear when making political commentary.

In the same way he has viewed Clarkson he needs to view himself. He isn't adding value to the club and to stay makes him a hypocrite.

He can say whatever he wants to say responsibly as a person, not as a president of a club.

What about the members of the club that have complete opposite views from Jeff regarding this topic?

Probably he should just relinquish his presidency and focus on politics instead of trying to do things half-half.

For many people our love to the club is surpassing the boundary of gender, race, religion and politics. The footy club can unite people, let keep it that way please.

He’s not speaking as club president. He’s speaking as a private citizen. You’re a club member. Does that mean you no longer have the right to speak?

Awfully convenient rules, if not.

You all have no idea what I’ve lost to this lockdown. No idea what my children have lost. You have no idea of my and my family’s exposure to covid. If there is one man in this state with the courage to speak against the insanity we face from 18 months of a one month emergency order then I’m utterly thankful there is at least one.

He gets to speak his mind. He never brings hawthorn into the discussion. Trying to silence him and condemning large parts of Victoria to utter misery is disgraceful.

He’s not speaking as club president. He’s speaking as a private citizen. You’re a club member. Does that mean you no longer have the right to speak?

You all have no idea what I’ve lost to this lockdown. No idea what my children have lost. You have no idea of my and my family’s exposure to covid. If there is one man in this state with the courage to speak against the insanity we face from 18 months of a one month emergency order then I’m utterly thankful there is at least one.

He gets to speak his mind. He never brings hawthorn into the discussion. Trying to silence him and condemning large parts of Victoria to utter misery is disgraceful.

Why does he wear Hawthorn attire when participating in live TV crosses.

Why has he admitted that his politicking has cost the club much needed funding from the State Government?

He's a private citizen with a public profile, Hawthorn president and ex Premier of the state. Whenever he discusses politics people recall the fact he's ex Premier and also will note he's president of Hawthorn.

He's been on TV with his Hawthorn scarf on discussing the government's handling of COVID. I don't think that's the right thing for him to be doing.

He can speak out, but he's also using misguided facts to support his argument.

That's like saying if Dan Andrews swore at a bloke in the street he's speaking as a private citizen not as Premier - that's not how the world works and if you're in a high profile role to hide behind that is cowardice. The Hawthorn President at all times represents Hawthorn Football Club and that comes with the job. If you're not willing to embrace that don't take the job.

As supporters of the Hawthorn Footy Club, what we have in common is our love of the teams past and present.
We don't look to think alike politically, or socially, or economically. That would be foolish and improbable.
We unite around the sporting Club's efforts to achieve success.
Jeff Kennett is a divider over the things we don't have in common, not a uniter over the things we do.
That's pretty sad.

The appropriate response as the HFC President is to just ignore the response and not engage. Jeff could has just continued his political rant without acknowledging the person. What he has done here is sent a message to Hawk members that if you don't agree with my political stance you shouldn't be a Hawthorn member.

For someone who is supposed to be political savvy he dropped the ball here. He has blurred his political views with HFC. As said before he is entitled to his opinion (for me I'd rather he didn't as others have pointed out) but he continually crosses the line e.g. wearing Hawthorn gear when making political commentary.

In the same way he has viewed Clarkson he needs to view himself. He isn't adding value to the club and to stay makes him a hypocrite.
Exactly this..

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back