List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player gets taken off the field and rested as a precaution for the exact reason that his recruitment has put us in a position where we can again challenge for a flag = Seeds’ toys go out of the cot and he equates Cameron to three players who managed 176 games in 22 seasons (Cameron has managed more than that in nine and a half seasons btw)

But we all knew that was going to happen but did it anyway.

both sav and JJ were at the club last year and we didn’t play them. This is even despite the fact the tigers looked vulnerable against sav when he was in form.

Yep. Can definitely see them just bringing in Higgins for Cameron. Would be melt central.

seriously can you just f***ing shut up.

menzel without all the leg injuries?
Id have said ‘Menzel but he’s actually done something in his career’ but whatever spin you want to put on it.

You are legit the sort of person who would watch Cameron boot five goals in a grand final win and go ‘oh well lucky we got something out of him before he spends next season on the physio table.’
Why you so angry all the time? You seem to have a temper every time I read your posts. chill out. Life can be good. Less beer and more cocktails, hug more people (if it will be consensual), buy a puppy, hike up a mountain, just sit on a couch and really listen to a whole album (as long as it’s not indie or pop), go kick a footy with the local kids in your street, embrace gratitude for your own existance....

:thumbsu:

Why you so angry all the time? You seem to have a temper every time I read your posts. chill out. Life can be good. Less beer and more cocktails, hug more people (if it will be consensual), buy a puppy, hike up a mountain, just sit on a couch and really listen to a whole album (as long as it’s not indie or pop), go kick a footy with the local kids in your street, embrace gratitude for your own existence.

:thumbsu:

If you applied that approach to how you critique football you might start making sense

Leigh Montagna has quickly become one of my favourite football media commentators this year. Always worth listening to him.

Leigh Montagna: I’m pretty strong on this - there’s been a lot of shade thrown at the Geelong medical staff and even a little bit on Chris Scott, but from my point of view this is purely on Jeremy Cameron. It’s his decision to make. I’ve been in this situation in my career a number of times, a lot of players have, where you’re not quite sure how you’re feeling, you’re feeling tight, you have a chat to the medicos and they don’t know how you feel within yourself, they put it on the player. I’m not sure why the heat is not just purely on Jeremy Cameron he’s made the decision that he thought he was right to go. If he didn’t think he was right, he shouldn’t put his hand up.
David King: The risk is Chris Scott‘s to take or not take isn’t it? He’s in control of the whole football club.
LM: Sometimes you’ve got to leave decisions to the player. Chris Scott is going to go by Jeremy Cameron’s feel and his opinion ... it’s got to be on Jeremy Cameron.
DK: You’ve sometimes got to protect the player from themselves. That‘s the discussion. Shouldn’t you say you’re too important for us, we’re not going to risk losing you for a month of football for one game tonight
LM: But do you think Jeremy Cameron was going to play thinking I‘m a chance to do my hammy here and miss three weeks but I’ll risk it? I might’ve just been a bit of tendinitis and a bit of tightness. I reckon it happened to me maybe half a dozen times - five times you play and you get through it okay there was one game where I pulled out in the warm-up because I thought that if I play I’m going to snap this. The players understand their bodies better than anyone, they’ve got to make the call.
DK: He’s done that same hamstring twice this year, so it’s a risk at whatever level you look at it. When he’s confronting the medical department and saying, I’m not sure about this, I’m going to go with it, that’s when it becomes a decision for the senior coach to say no, we’re not taking this risk. Three hamstrings in six months you’ve been here less than a season.
Ben Dixon: Did we not discuss this exact same scenario with Nat Fyfe and Justin Longmuir said it’s your call?
LM: That’s right. And he made the call, not the play, which players do. They decide whether they feel they can play or not play. I think too much has been made of the medical staff and Chris Scott when really it was Jeremy Cameron’s decision and he made the choice to play. And I think the heat should be on him.

A little unfortunate that the VFL played before the game... as I feel they may have replaced him if all we available and fresh. Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Id say the next time he is tight...it will be very difficult to trust who ever said he is right to play .... but what if he is tight before games in the finals.

They will have 4 weeks now..I hope they use it to learn something, but all would know they are only keep his seat warm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let's say it's a small strain (which is what it sounds like, tightened early, tightened again with a cork), that'll probably be 4 weeks to be overly cautious (because there is NO WAY in hell they'll allow him back early just to ping it on the eve of finals), so he'll likely be back to face GWS at home with a couple of games to go before finals, enough to get some match fitness going. It's not the worst result possible.

We should have taken the cautious approach after two prior strains. Although I don’t know if that would have prevented him doing it at training or in the next match.

He probably had the strain going into the game, so this whole medical discussion is moot. He has looked a little proppy on it all year I reckon, even with those absurd snap goals and the incredible power he generates through that kicking leg.

My guess is if it was finals he would play through, just as he did on Friday for a half.

The whole non training thing has baffled me all year, it is a weird injury to try and play through. But I am no expert clearly.

Helluva talent.

So let's say it's a small strain (which is what it sounds like, tightened early, tightened again with a cork), that'll probably be 4 weeks to be overly cautious (because there is NO WAY in hell they'll allow him back early just to ping it on the eve of finals), so he'll likely be back to face GWS at home with a couple of games to go before finals, enough to get some match fitness going. It's not the worst result possible.

the problem is thought he has strained the same hamstring now 3 times in a season. The rehabilitation can get a bit more complicated if it is the exact same location the tear keeps occurring over the scar tissue which is naturally weaker than regular muscle tissue.

one would also have to ask the question as to why is he continuously straining his hamstring?? Does he have bodily deficiencies which are placing unnecessary tension and loads through the hamstrings?? The question of deficiencies and problematic areas contributing to the hamstring injury needs to be raised.

I'm not fussed about this at all, beyond the disappointment at not getting to see such a great player for a few weeks.

He'll be back well and truly before finals, Hawkins will be fine carrying the forward line for a few weeks and I'd suspect this means Stanley will remain in the side as he can pinch hit forward, which is good news in my book.

In a way I can understand why Cameron chose to play despite the soreness given that he’s still a new recruit, and wants to establish himself by making his mark on the season. It is just fortunate that his actions haven’t resulted in a tear and I would hope the club takes a more cautious approach for the remainder of the H&A.

So the player who was briefly Menzel without all the leg injuries now appears to have serious ongoing hamstring problems.

the same recurring problem that ended paul Lynch’s and cockatoos career. And we just traded two first rounders for him. Those 10 weeks were good while they lasted.

There's "glass half-empty" takes and then there's "glass dissolving due to having acid poured in it" takes.

It's disappointing that Cameron has missed games due to injury and the ongoing concerns with his hammy are obviously an issue this year but declaring career over is a level of hysteria a Real Housewives Of Wherever cast member would baulk at. I don't even get the point of watching footy if the team you follow frustrates you so much or every concern has to become an end-of-the-world prognostication.

Anyway, as a fan it's unfortunate for Jezza to be out again as it's been an absolute pleasure watching him play in the hoops. I'd argue without him kickstarting us against Essendon that it would have been far harder for us to mount the early comeback we did. While no game is a certainty, the timing isn't the worst it could be as we have a decent month of matches coming up fixture-wise. Just hope he can get back for a few weeks before finals and be good to go then. On exposed evidence, his inclusion makes us a much better team and we were already a team one-half away from a Premiership last year. Again, there's no guarantees in the game but a fit and firing Jeremy Cameron is a huge inclusion for us so the priority now has to be making as sure as possible that he's right to go when he's most needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back