List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't even. As much as I like to blame the umps for losing that game, we were 30 points up at QT and lost it. Not good enough.
I agree. Was just stating he would have been a very good chance to kick it.
At the time I didn’t think he would. But last nights was a tighter angle and he nailed it.
You win some you lose some.

bloke has hamstrings tighter than a Nun's ... shame we lost him before half time tonight because he looked in sharp form; those finishing skills are exquisite; the one-step snap from the tightest of angles and then $$ set shots x2

A nun's qualifications for entry?

I have to wonder ... is this a long term concern. He is 28. Or is it due to a lack of a proper pre season?

I have to wonder ... is this a long term concern. He is 28. Or is it due to a lack of a proper pre season?

Like you, I can't help being somewhat concerned about how this has gone across the course of the season. And I'm a little resigned to the fact that at least the rest of 2021 might be 'high anxiety' regarding Jez, given how little training he's been able to do across the course of all his time with us so far.

Still hopeful that a proper rest when we finish up and then a full preseason might mean a more stable prognosis for next year and beyond, though. He really hasn't been tremendously prone to concerns like this across his career so far.

That's it. I'm off to BCF.
You're the only one that took the bait.

I need better hooks. Possibly a Fluro leader.
I do like barbless #2. Maybe I need 2 aught.

Don't despair...it gave me a good laugh.

Stoneham and Brownless in 91 when GA retired , I think it was the best both looked. When Brownless played beside GA , I dont think he got the credit or the supply ... some of the bags he kicked ..yet we see Brownless as a buffoon. Kicked 8 and 9 in a final and 11 against an ordinary side H&A

I wonder if they could have made the Ablett Lindner thing work better who knows. Lindner kicked 58 goals in 87 when GA Sr kicked 53.

WE had no problem with goal kickers back then... we just didn't have our D nailed down.

Lindner had a pea heart and shirked the contest especially in the ‘89 GF. As soon as that happened Blighty couldn’t get him out quick enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like you, I can't help being somewhat concerned about how this has gone across the course of the season. And I'm a little resigned to the fact that at least the rest of 2021 might be 'high anxiety' regarding Jez, given how little training he's been able to do across the course of all his time with us so far.

Still hopeful that a proper rest when we finish up and then a full preseason might mean a more stable prognosis for next year and beyond, though. He really hasn't been tremendously prone to concerns like this across his career so far.
And clarity from the club to the members. How long does it take to get a scan and how long does it take to get results ?

Did we get that from the Mitch Duncan knee ? *edit says 8-10 weeks on the afl.com medical news. Assuming back dated from when he did it.

And clarity from the club to the members. How long does it take to get a scan and how long does it take to get results ?

Fox Footy supposedly reporting last night that he'll miss a few weeks. We all know that's more than we're likely to hear as an actual timeframe from the club any time soon.

Fox Footy supposedly reporting last night that he'll miss a few weeks. We all know that's more than we're likely to hear as an actual timeframe from the club any time soon.
And we all know they (doc's and physio team) like to put an extra week on top.
Very costly to even play him. Alot pressure back on Hawk and Chuck now until JC comes back.

Very costly to even play him. Alot pressure back on Hawk and Chuck now until JC comes back.

Tough call, though. It was clearly a close thing and Jez obviously felt good enough to go. Performed more than well enough when he was out there as well. Kicked three of our first four, when we'd looked like producing next to nothing up till then. I still agree with Scott that you have to leave these calls up to the medicos and the player involved. Which appears to be exactly what happened in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footage of him walking on the ground after the game was cause for some reassurance that he won't be gone for too long.

Did we get that from the Mitch Duncan knee ? *edit says 8-10 weeks on the afl.com medical news. Assuming back dated from when he did it.

Scan tomorrow. Always is the Monday after.

I firmly believe that if he didn't play on Friday we probably lose. We could have been too far out of the game by mid 2nd qtr to cone back.

If he misses a couple weeks, it is almost worth it.

I agree with that..i can see why its a difficult issue for the medical staff because hes a matchwinner for us and if its a cramp tight thing where he's not actually injured pre game its a big call to leave him out because he might get injured. But on the other hand we need him fully fit for finals.

I firmly believe that if he didn't play on Friday we probably lose. We could have been too far out of the game by mid 2nd qtr to cone back.

If he misses a couple weeks, it is almost worth it.
Completely agree with this. He kept us in it. It was the right decision to play him in my eyes.

Krock reckons he shouldn't even consider coming back until our run of 3 games at KP to finish the season.

Can't play next two weeks (Carlton, Freo @ Optus), probably shouldn't play v Richmond @ MCG, and I agree we shouldn't take him down to Tasmania v North (don't need him to win, and not ideal conditions for a hammy).

I agree with that..i can see why its a difficult issue for the medical staff because hes a matchwinner for us and if its a cramp tight thing where he's not actually injured pre game its a big call to leave him out because he might get injured. But on the other hand we need him fully fit for finals.

All of which means that where we have landed might not be the worst outcome at all. Tried it out, didn't get through. Played a key role in wresting back momentum, though. And can now be carefully managed through some winnable weeks before hopefully returning in better shape when absolutely vital.

And, importantly as well, I'd now be absolutely stunned if they ended up in a very similar scenario before an upcoming game and made the same call. It was clearly as marginal as you can get. So the idea that any sensible person would then pile on as if this is evidence of serious mismanagement is just farcical in my view.

As the presser after the game showed, makes a great media beat-up, though.

:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back