Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne requested 2 first rounders. Just like we coughed up for Lever last year. Just like Treloar. His currency is definitely 2 first rounders. Pick 5 and 6 is probably too high but 5 and something in the teens is about right. To offer pick 11 and a 2nd rounder in a years time is purely antagonistic and have wasted many clubs' time.

Hogan doesn't need to come out and say he wants to go to Freo. Why would he!!! He has already toured your facilities for goodness sakes. You want an official request in writing? laughable!

The Freo offer is as good as it gets (currently). We had pick 6 prior to today which might've helped a deal, but there is a 3 way mexican stand off involving 4 potential deals.

Neale to brisbane
Hogan to freo
May to Melbourne
Lobb to freo

Few different dynamics at play, i think if Hogan nominates, the values level out closer between May, Hogan and Neale, currently Hogan is still valued at 2 first rounders.

I think Lobbs value changes if freo lands Hogan, higher value if they miss out.

Well it has to start with pick 5 and pick 11 and we'll throw you back a future 2nd rounder. It may not be what you want but thats his worth. And every other big player has been worth that in the past.

We don’t have pick five to offer. Eleven and a future first would be fair.

Freo demands pick 2 for a 21-year-old first round pick who hasn’t set the world on fire but is pretty good. No questions asked, fine.

Melbourne demands pick 5 and 6 for a 23 year old RS winner who has a track record that matches the best forwards in the competition and it’s unfair in their rating.

Cool double standard bro

No double standard. Freo didn’t shop Lachie Weller around. Weller wasn’t surplus to needs. And Freo gave picks back to even out the high first round draft pick, so points wise it was less. Gold Coast didn’t do too badly out of the Weller trade. They did do badly in the pick swaps with West Coast. West Coast did amazingly well and the Gold Coast List manager now works for them.

I hope Hogan tracks on the trajectory you’ve suggested, but I have my doubts, and I’m sure Melbourne do too (otherwise they’d be keeping him). Pick 5 and 6 for Hogan is the kind of trade that Cameron Schwabb would do.

Freo demands pick 2 for a 21-year-old first round pick who hasn’t set the world on fire but is pretty good. No questions asked, fine.

Melbourne demands pick 5 and 6 for a 23 year old RS winner who has a track record that matches the best forwards in the competition and it’s unfair in their rating.

Cool double standard bro

Demanded or GC got desperate and paid?

Not even a bad trade for them. Got a kid who wanted in and will prob play 200 games for them.

That's right, your B&F winner can't wait to get out of the joint. And wants to go to Brisbane, yes Brisbane. And you're being offered pick 5 which you can use to get Hogan. But that logic don't work for you Freo nuffies !!

Go on, call me a troll. I just can't believe how stupid your Footy Ops department is.

Paste a direct quote from Neale specifically wanting out. I’ll wait here.

Nothing wrong with a club holding a player to a contract. Freo and Melbourne both have that right. However Freo isn’t shopping Neale around, where Melb is shopping Hogan.

Now shouldn’t you be worrying about getting some fringe GWS players or something?

I'd just get 5 off Brisbane plus whatever else they can afford. Call it 32.

I then head straight to Adelaide and say what can you give us for 5.

We could offer 5, 23 & 49 for 8, 16 and 21. Leaves us 8, 11, 16, 21, 30 & 32. Give 16 for Lobb. Then get negotiated down to 8 and 21 for Hogan. No chance give 8 and 11. Take 11, 30, 32 and whatever to the draft.

OR

We could offer 5, 30 and 49 for 13, 16 & 21. Leaves us 11, 13, 16, 21, 23 & 32. Give 16 for Lobb. Then pass 11 and 13 for Hogan. Take 21, 23 and 32 to the draft.

If we do get 5 off Brisbane I wouldn't just hand it straight to Melbourne. Bleed Adelaide first then do what we have to with Melbourne.

The Port deal was significant in that it showed Adelaide Port were serious and also set an expectation. We could seriously bleed Adelaide if we move quick on Neale deal.

If Brisbane do it first? Well I still think we let Neale go, but it will now be for parts of what Brisbane get from Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just get 5 off Brisbane plus whatever else they can afford. Call it 32.

I then head straight to Adelaide and say what can you give us for 5.

We could offer 5, 23 & 49 for 8, 16 and 21. Leaves us 8, 11, 16, 21, 30 & 32. Give 16 for Lobb. Then get negotiated down to 8 and 21 for Hogan. No chance give 8 and 11. Take 11, 30, 32 and whatever to the draft.

OR

We could offer 5, 30 and 49 for 13, 16 & 21. Leaves us 11, 13, 16, 21, 23 & 32. Give 16 for Lobb. Then pass 11 and 13 for Hogan. Take 21, 23 and 32 to the draft.

If we do get 5 off Brisbane I wouldn't just hand it straight to Melbourne. Bleed Adelaide first then do what we have to with Melbourne.

The Port deal was significant in that it showed Adelaide Port were serious and also set an expectation. We could seriously bleed Adelaide if we move quick on Neale deal.

If Brisbane do it first? Well I still think we let Neale go, but it will now be for parts of what Brisbane get from Adelaide.

8 and 21 for hogan. that aint happening in a million years. 2 first rounders or he stays with us. 8 and a future first rounder

freo is the common link between all the trade delays. asking for overs for neale, then wanting unders for hogan. what a rabble of an administration. Have fun relying on taberner to kick you some goals. Hogan will kick 7 on you guys :)

So you expect us to roll over and give Brisbane unders for Neale so we can give you overs for Hogan?

Get a clue mate, it’s all just first offer stuff. Hold the outrage

Why can’t u trade a future first?

Traded out a future 3rd. Rules are if you trade out future first you must keep your other future selections. But you can trade all future selections if you keep your first.

Part of why I say numpties on BigFooty don’t even get that 11 and future 2nd is possibly the second best deal we could offer right now.

11 and 23 probably the only deal we could do that’s better.

Traded out a future 3rd. Rules are if you trade out future first you must keep your other future selections. But you can trade all future selections if you keep your first.

Part of why I say numpties on BigFooty don’t even get that 11 and future 2nd is possibly the second best deal we could offer right now.

Or 5 and 11 after you trade Neale.

As long as you hold picks in all subsequent rounds you can trade out your future first. So if you trade back into the third round then you're good. We learnt that when the O'Meara trade went through

As long as you hold picks in all subsequent rounds you can trade out your future first. So if you trade back into the third round then you're good. We learnt that when the O'Meara trade went through

Well fair enough.
We could do 11 and future 1st for Hogan and their future 3rd.

I think they’re waiting and salivating on pick 5. I hope we trade it to Adelaide and get a bunch of picks and offer Melbourne their 2 first rounders that they demand. Something like 13 and 16.

Insultingly low??11 and 24 in points is pick 4. I actually think we will finish lower so may be 11 and 20 which is pick 3 equivalent

It’s low but pick 23 alone would be insultingly low
That is surprising. Pick 4 should be worth so much more than 11 and 24, but that's a conversation for another time.

Now where were we.. ah yes, those pesky Dockers trying to facilitate a trade that Melbourne, Fremantle and Jesse all want to see get done. sheesh. How insulting.

I hope we trade it to Adelaide and get a bunch of picks and offer Melbourne their 2 first rounders that they demand. Something like 13 and 16.

This. We need to get Brisbane to offer 5 and some steak knives for Neale. Then there could be another trade of picks, this time with the Crows. They are very keen on 5. Then everyone will get something they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back