Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots to play out. I think Neale would be traded very quickly if Hogan declared that he’d prefer to be traded. I think without that then Fremantle can’t move Neale on. I have to also say I think Hogan declaring he wants a trade doesn’t place the Dees in a weaker position. Neale and Kelly want a move, they’re contracted like Hogan so the Clubs hold the cards here.

We can’t offer picks we don’t have, nor can we trade our future 1st at this point due to the Port deal. McClure is an absolute flamer and there is no way this was a take it or leave it. This was an honest offer of, this is currently the absolute best we have. Maybe it brings Brisbane back with more, maybe it doesn’t.

I’m sure if that position improved so does the offer.

Well I think you still do purely cause of the draft. Ben King might still be there, then another Vic mid. Just tops up an already solid list in a strong draft.

But its all conjecture.

I think you’ll see Neale get done today. Or progress at least.

If I’m Adelaide I’m trying to swap with Saints, not Brisbane anyways. Gives Port less room to move
What do you think you guys will get for Neale? He's class, don't get me wrong, but you have a few young gems ready to fill his spot. You might even find someone out of the blue steps up to the plate when given that openkng in the midfield like Harmes has done for us.

Good point re the Saints pick.

What do you think you guys will get for Neale? He's class, don't get me wrong, but you have a few young gems ready to fill his spot. You might even find someone out of the blue steps up to the plate when given that openkng in the midfield like Harmes has done for us.

Pick 5 and a set of steak knives.

Am a little confused why we wouldn't try offering 11 + future 1st for Hogan + future 2nd/3rd which would still get it done without involving Neale.

Little riskier ordering of trades perhaps but gives us so much more leverage in the Neale trade.

Am a little confused why we wouldn't try offering 11 + future 1st for Hogan + future 2nd/3rd which would still get it done without involving Neale.

Little riskier ordering of trades perhaps but gives us so much more leverage in the Neale trade.

Dangerous...that could be pick 3 and the WA talent is good next year.

There's a long way to go.

I would be pretty happy with pick 5 & 32 or the pick swap with Adelaide & get 8 & 16 (pretty close on points value)

Then on trade 5 & 11 for Hogan & 46
Or 8 & 11 for Hogan & keep 16
theyre prob in the ball park.

Obv Melb would prefer 5 & 11

I just feel like bell wants a 1st rounder this year & to keep our future first too.

Dangerous...that could be pick 3 and the WA talent is good next year.

There's a long way to go.

Yeah I don't mind them taking a little longer. Just think sometimes clubs do stuff around a little too much when it's almost a certainty that he's gonna cost 2 picks between 5-11. Wasting your time offering 11 and a 2nd.

Coz you not allowed

you cannot trade BOTH future 1st AND a future 2nd or future 4rd.

It's amazing how many people don't understand that this is the best offer Freo can do at this point in time. You cannot trade picks you don't have yet.
You have a future 1st round pick.

You can offer pick 11 and your 2019 1st. May not get accepted but what Freo offered is not the best they can do.

My god brain cells aren't plentiful out west.

Here's another way to look at it. Get Bell or whoever in a room negotiating instead of grandstanding in the media. Work with the club toward a central agreement. Give up the notion that a club can offer a Godfatheresque deal to a player, and then pretend that a player worth that large a chunk of the salary cap ISN'T worth picks/players of actual value. Its pretty clear the club is trying to do right by Jesse, and has already indicated it will take unders to help out. Instead of looking at that conciliatory middle, accepting you will get the highest paid player on the list for less than market value and graciously making it happen, this joke of a club seems to think that suggests weakness and tries to turn the screw.

And if that is too hard, then piss off and we'll keep a KPF who will kick another 50+ goals next year, making sure that the available post-career opportunities are plentiful and enriching, giving him long weekends to head home so he might sign on again.

And if Freo still want him next year and still can't fathom a fair trade, then we'll send him off to GC in the draft, because he is STILL not a FA.

Pretty much this, except the last bit… he could very well be headed to Freo in the draft instead of GC…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pretty happy with pick 5 & 32 or the pick swap with Adelaide & get 8 & 16 (pretty close on points value)

Then on trade 5 & 11 for Hogan & 46
Or 8 & 11 for Hogan & keep 16
theyre prob in the ball park.

Obv Melb would prefer 5 & 11

I just feel like bell wants a 1st rounder this year & to keep our future first too.

Now these are fair and reasonable ideas. Can appreciate Bell wanting a first rounder, but really if he gets in two readymade, quality KPFs yet to reach their prime then he's done really well. Draft picks are speculative (add in the 'go home factor' of every young player that doesn't get to play in their own suburb), even at the pointy end. Bird in hand worth two in the bush.

It just has to involve pick 5 I think. Only way Melb don't lose ground next year is by getting May in. We've traditionally gone for 'win-win' trades in recent times, which I think shows we are reasonable and good to deal with. If we lose Hogan and don't get May, then our trade period is a fail.

I'd even say our second rounder (36?) goes back to you for 5 & 11. Chance your arm at our first rounder next year - who knows?

Now these are fair and reasonable ideas. Can appreciate Bell wanting a first rounder, but really if he gets in two readymade, quality KPFs yet to reach their prime then he's done really well. Draft picks are speculative (add in the 'go home factor' of every young player that doesn't get to play in their own suburb), even at the pointy end. Bird in hand worth two in the bush.

It just has to involve pick 5 I think. Only way Melb don't lose ground next year is by getting May in. We've traditionally gone for 'win-win' trades in recent times, which I think shows we are reasonable and good to deal with. If we lose Hogan and don't get May, then our trade period is a fail.

I'd even say our second rounder (36?) goes back to you for 5 & 11. Chance your arm at our first rounder next year - who knows?

Yeah I agree that could be part of it. 36 gives Freo a few 2nd rounders that we could try pick swap back into the 1st. Unlikely given the draft though.

I think we all just have to relax and realize that this was a 1st offer and that Freo aren’t stupid enough to let a player like Hogan (assuming he wants to come) go. Neale trade has to happen, then we will have a clear idea what will happen.

I’m open to Freo paying overs for Hogan, but not huge overs.

5 & 11 for Hogan & 36 rates Hogan at just under pick 1 this draft.

You have a future 1st round pick.

You can offer pick 11 and your 2019 1st. May not get accepted but what Freo offered is not the best they can do.

Putting aside we're not allowed to offer that future 1st rounder the moment ....trade period doesn't end today.

Why wouldn't we just let the Neale deal playout?

Neale is a bloody important player, our midfield is already thin and we're trying to get Lobb too.

We've taken step 1 which is to break up our 1st pick, we now need to secure the Neale deal and then try and get 2 trades done and position ourselves in the draft.

It's far more complicated than us mugs on here throwing out scenarios

Trade radio suggesting pick 5 and next years 2nd rounder

If the price for Jesse is this and the Dees can get May + Freos 2nd for Hogan then we should take pick 5 and a few late pick swaps for Neale.

I think that's what people don't understand. The Hogan deal directly effects what we should take for Neale.

If the price for Jesse is this and the Dees can get May + Freos 2nd for Hogan then we should take pick 5 and a few late pick swaps for Neale.

I think that's what people don't understand. The Hogan deal directly effects what we should take for Neale.

The Neale deal seems to be the Domino that tumbles the lot. I think if u ask for 4 and a 2nd for Neale then you would have to hand over 4 and 11 for Hogan as he is worth more. However if you took 5 and a 3rd from Brisbane then I think you could argue 5 and a 2nd. May be worth your while to take less for Neale and try to hold onto 11.

Either way this is likely your last shot at Hogan, Players generally don't like being wooed and then the deal not getting done

Yep. McLure can get ******.

Yesterday they suggested GC give up pick 2 and 3 for pick 1 to get Walsh, FFS. These are the same clowns that bagged us last year (rightly) for the Weller deal and yet they suggest this pearl of wisdom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back