Jesse White to Collingwood - Mike Sheahan 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he will command a first round pick? or maybe because he is signed up for 5 years?
Only on Bigfooty written contracts are worth less than the paper they are written on....

Like I said, we have currency and cap space.

I'm not undervaluing his contract? Make a good offer! I never said to offer peanuts?!?! Only on Bigfooty do people make those assumptions!
His a quality player, much better then White and would solve our tall forward issues.

Dammit, I wanted White! :p

I think he will be good for you guys. Can play up the ground and is actually quite dangerous at ground level for a big fella. Will compliment Cloke and Reid well.

Lynch will be hating life - means he will pretty much be in the reserves in his last year.

Like I said, we have currency and cap space.

I'm not undervaluing his contract? Make a good offer! I never said to offer peanuts?!?! Only on Bigfooty do people make those assumptions!
His a quality player, much better then White and would solve our tall forward issues.
Sam averages 10 disposals, 3 marks & 1 goal a game. Oh yes he will solve our issues for sure, lets offer him million a year?

Hi, I'm Sydney, I'm going to trade out a KPF for your third rounder because your fans think its reasonable, even though I probably won't even use that third round pick. Deal!

Come on lads, ease up. If Sydney believe they're going to utilise that third rounder or trade it on, then yes, but it is no longer as simple as 'X player is worth Y pick'. Its about how the return for your asset is going to used.

Hi Sydney it must be like old times dealing with Collingwood again.What fun it must have been when you off loaded Jolly, a player you didn´t want, because he was using to much of that tasty COLA,which you wanted to give to Mumford.You must have laughed when you forced Collingwood to pay overs for Jolly,picks 14 and 46 if I recall and used them to get Lewis Jetta [14]and put the other one in a package for Kennedy and McGlyn[39,46,70] Then you stuck it up Geelong and got your man Mummy,a player they did not want to loose,for pick 28,that tasty COLA what player can resist it.No doubt you must be confident you can get those mugs at Collingwood to pay overs for another player you don´t want Jesse White.
To be continued.

Hi Sydney it must be like old times dealing with Collingwood again.What fun it must have been when you off loaded Jolly, a player you didn´t want, because he was using to much of that tasty COLA,which you wanted to give to Mumford.You must have laughed when you forced Collingwood to pay overs for Jolly,picks 14 and 46 if I recall and used them to get Lewis Jetta [14]and put the other one in a package for Kennedy and McGlyn[39,46,70] Then you stuck it up Geelong and got your man Mummy,a player they did not want to loose,for pick 28,that tasty COLA what player can resist it.No doubt you must be confident you can get those mugs at Collingwood to pay overs for another player you don´t want Jesse White.
To be continued.

Haha spot on not too mention they got Nick Davis for a packet of chips and bent us over on that too.

Sydney have done very well when trading with us lately.

Sam averages 10 disposals, 3 marks & 1 goal a game. Oh yes he will solve our issues for sure, lets offer him million a year?

Yep, that's exactly what I said to do! o_O

You need to look at it logically?

We need a second tall forward. He is a great one grab mark of the ball. Yes he is young, and inury prone, but has shown more than enough in his short career... (hence why Swans locked him in for 5 years!)
We do have the currency of Players to trade, 1st round draft picks and salary cap room.

Sydney have reportedly made a $1.4m offer for Buddy and GWS $2m. If we were to take over Reids contract (plus some more incentives for Swans), then that would mean Swans may be able to up the ante on Buddy's offer. Lets say $1.4m to $1.8m.

If you place Swans in the position of Reid vs Buddy, then I'm sure they would take Buddy.

On top of that the player must agree to the trade, which I'm sure won't be to hard to convince for obvious reasons.

Only on BigFooty to you get shut down so easily by supposed know-it-alls that are so consumed in stats!

Buddy averages 15 disposals, 4 marks and 2.9 goals a game with a non-interrupted year injury wise, yet clubs are offering him record contracts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only on BigFooty to you get shut down so easily by supposed know-it-alls that are so consumed in stats!

Buddy averages 15 disposals, 4 marks and 2.9 goals a game with a non-interrupted year injury wise, yet clubs are offering him record contracts!
So you would pay Sam Reid more than Travis Cloke? And you would offer Sydney our first round draft pick for him?

And you think Buddy and Reid are comparable?

OK, now I know how logical your thinking is.

So you would pay Sam Reid more than Travis Cloke? And you would offer Sydney our first round draft pick for him?

And you think Buddy and Reid are comparable?

OK, now I know how logical your thinking is.

I doubt Sam Reid is on the same cash as Cloke! And Yes, I would offer 1st round pick IF we get 11.

Why wouldn't Buddy and Reid are comparable. Who else would you compare to Buddy if you can't compare an opposition player that plays a similar position?

I doubt Sam Reid is on the same cash as Cloke! And Yes, I would offer 1st round pick IF we get 11.

Why wouldn't Buddy and Reid are comparable. Who else would you compare to Buddy if you can't compare an opposition player that plays a similar position?
You said that we have cap to entice Sam to Collingwood so I assumed that would involve a pay rise for him.

On Buddy and Reid comparison/ One is a coleman medallist and one of the games most accomplished forwards. The other has not really done anything yet to indicate he will be in the same class as Buddy.

Anyway, i see what you are saying but from where i sit you are overpaying for a player that has potential but not shown anything. I would rather get Jesse and draft a young gun mid with pick 11.

You said that we have cap to entice Sam to Collingwood so I assumed that would involve a pay rise for him.

On Buddy and Reid comparison/ One is a coleman medallist and one of the games most accomplished forwards. The other has not really done anything yet to indicate he will be in the same class as Buddy.

Anyway, i see what you are saying but from where i sit you are overpaying for a player that has potential but not shown anything. I would rather get Jesse and draft a young gun mid with pick 11.

Why would we need to give him a pay rise? He would be coming to a city with a lower cost of living than Sydney. He gets a pay rise just by moving! Nice to use Sydney's extra cap space against them!

Yeah, didn't want in increase just to take over contract.

I'm just not convinced on White. I would rather pay a little more and get Reid.

Looks like we'll be getting him for sure now. Also makes Reid a possibility but I imagine they'll try to keep him still.

Makes me wonder if White knew buddy was coming and decided to ship out early....
yeh I understand why jesse left now, no hard feelings to him. he could seriously tear it up next year for you! he really knows what it takes now and understands more what he can do with body and skills. he rarely gets injured aswell..

Well 4th round for White now. All we need to do is get him to refuse to go to another club and they will have no choice as they need the cap space.
Has already told Swans to trade him to Collingwood :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back