Jesse White to Collingwood - Mike Sheahan 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You my friend have no FN idea. Glad you don't do trades for Collingwood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not sure what upset you. He is probably not far from the truth. He in all likelihood will be an okay player, not a great one.

Who knows how White will turn out, could be a dud or could be a good fit in terms of our forward structure over the next couple of years. As long as we don't get bent over by the Swans in the trade deal, I'm keeping an open mind - can't be any worse than our forward setup/structure this year, and well ..... Gotta roll the dice sometime or we will get left behind (Hawks & Swans have been the masters of the recycled player so we should learn from them).

Who knows how White will turn out, could be a dud or could be a good fit in terms of our forward structure over the next couple of years. As long as we don't get bent over by the Swans in the trade deal, I'm keeping an open mind - can't be any worse than our forward setup/structure this year, and well ..... Gotta roll the dice sometime or we will get left behind (Hawks & Swans have been the masters of the recycled player so we should learn from them).

Well if Leigh Brown was a dud, and became serviceable, and Jesse White makes the same level of improvements at our club, he will be a brownlow medalist by 2015.

Fantastic post by the Newbie, agree with it :thumbsu:

White will cost us nothing money or picks his 25 coming off a pretty good last 12 games his quick has good hands and will be a good get

Why are people so worried about it we are not the losing anything he could be a dud or star if his a star it's a huge bonus

White will cost us nothing money or picks his 25 coming off a pretty good last 12 games his quick has good hands and will be a good get

Why are people so worried about it we are not the losing anything he could be a dud or star if his a star it's a huge bonus

White will cost us next to nothing especially after today’s news to do with Franklin.
There will be a fire sale going on in Sydney with a couple of their listed players although they will still come on top when you consider the calibre of player they are getting for nothing.

Reminds me of a less talented Jarred Brennan. Athletically gifted, but just doesn't have what it takes to be a consistent performer and likely to be out of the game within 3 year imo. Look at his performances this year, most of his good game came against bottom 10 sides in big wins (plus his 4 goals when Richmond put Petterd on him). Despite a fairly decent finals performance, I still wouldn't trust him in a big game.

If he comes cheap though I can't complain though, he's worth a shot if he's on peanuts and doesn't cost us much.

Reminds me of a less talented Jarred Brennan. Athletically gifted, but just doesn't have what it takes to be a consistent performer and likely to be out of the game within 3 year imo. Look at his performances this year, most of his good game came against bottom 10 sides in big wins (plus his 4 goals when Richmond put Petterd on him). Despite a fairly decent finals performance, I still wouldn't trust him in a big game.

If he comes cheap though I can't complain though, he's worth a shot if he's on peanuts and doesn't cost us much.

He would be more talented then jared Brennan. Brennan is completley useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be more talented then jared Brennan. Brennan is completley useless

Brennan was way more talented than White could ever dream of being.
Problem was he never applied himself, talent to burn though.

Brennan was way more talented than White could ever dream of being.
Problem was he never applied himself, talent to burn though.
your kidding yourself, no afl player should wish they had the talent of Brennan

Agree in theory as good to develop both but in practice this year it made us a little slow when Witts & Jolly or Witts & Hudson both played in same team and I don't see Grundy as that much quicker than them. Next year's interchange cap will probably mean speed, endurance, mobility, versatility are all that little more important.

Better chance of Witts & Grundy in same team when Witts more developed up forward and likes of Mooney more developed in their footy and can add compensating pace.

I agree. The only way to develop Witts as a forward/ruck is to play him. If we are in re-build mode then what have we to lose?

We should put Caolan Mooney on a back flank. He could give us some awesome run and carry

I agree with this now. If it's not going to cost us anything then why not. We get a ready made player who has shown signs and who knows what a new environment might bring.
If next years draft pool is rich with KPP players then why not tread water for a year and take best available youth without paying the top dollar of #1 or 2 for Boyd.
If White fails then what have we lost, a third round draft pick, no big deal. We have some back-up KPP who we can play to further develop and get some indication of whether they will make it or not so I'll back a trade for him.
He seems to have the natural attributes to be a quality footballer in size, agility and speed and may just need a game plan that suits this, hopefully we can fulfill.
In 2012 he played a lot of NEAFL where he ranked 3rd in hitouts, kicked 25 goals, ranked #1 for contested marks at the club so maybe just needs time and confidence to bring that form across.
If the club trusts him, so do I.

White isn't going to be playing for base payments and will likely cost us at least a second round selection. Hardly nothing.

White isn't going to be playing for base payments and will likely cost us at least a second round selection. Hardly nothing.

Lets wait and see what it does cost us I can live with a 2nd round pick I think a 3rd will get it done

In my opinion White is at best a handy player. I don't think we need him, but if they think he can play a role then I hope to hell we don't give anything meaningful away. The salary cap space should have been used to secure Daisy.

We should put Caolan Mooney on a back flank. He could give us some awesome run and carry

Only to see him run himself into trouble by thinking he has to bounce as he is being tackled because he forgot to bounce about 15 steps earlier.

Yeh, thanks but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back