Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the two lineups i have to say im tipping West Coast, despite Port recruiting and adding depth to their play list im still not convinced.
Also Kerns ability to fine tune the available talent is still under scrutiny imo.
Having said that i hope my judgement is completely wrong.

1C6mNEp.gif

Things I'd like to see:

1. Sharpness and intensity: hard on the inside; speed on the outside; quick, precise ball movement. Good lead-up play forward of centre; tight defending of the opposition short kick - none of this letting the opposition chip the ball uncontested along the wing or through the corridor.
2. Efficiency inside of forward 50, including good, confident goal conversion.
3. Dixon looking like he is going to continue and build upon the form of 2017, especially that dominant form from the last three matches
4. Watts looking like he gives a shit, and moving quickly.
5. Hartlett in terrific intercepting form and using his penetrating kicking
6. Neade and Bonner in very good pre-season form, taking advantage of these early opportunities, which they haven't done in the past.
7. Powell-Pepper getting lots of the ball, and rag-dolling the opposition. Looking like a more dominant, A-grade level midfielder
8. Atley showing something

Not a bad looking list this, only just warming up to the footy season and first post in '18' so not sure who's missing but lots of talent all over the park.

View attachment 463431
25 out of 26 there with AFL experience. Must be some kind of record, at least for us.

West Coast have 20 on their list of 26 with AFL experience.

No late changes to either team (according to the AFL website)

I’m figuring Grey, Boak and probably one of the tall backs will only get a half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gray will get a full game because he didn't play in the internal trial and didn't play in AFLX. He needs the conditioning.

I’m looking for us in this game to not continually kick to the West Coast unmanned defender. Whoever it is in the zone defence.

If we can do that, we getting somewhere. If we do the same as we have the last 4 years oh boy.

I feel like in terms of predicting how well our season is going to go, we can probably take more out of Jeremy McGovern’s statline today than we can out of any individual Port player’s statline.

Oh **** off and die Foxtel showing the end of that ****ing game as the opener **** you in your ugly distended arses you've ruined my afternoon you campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day JLT no. 1 - Ports v West Coast - Sunday 25/2/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back