JLT2 - Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me, the cringe factor of some of our posters here is unreal. Came to have a lurk without posting just to get a view on how we went from the other side but this shit too embarrassing to deal with.

Slammer... he’s actually talking about you making a knob of yourself and you’re “liking” it.... ahahahahahahaha... that’s what’s classed as peak stupid..

Thoughts on some players...
Gibson - Pretty much what we expected when we got him. Runs all day and gets a lot of the ball, but God his disposal is awful.
CEY - Looked really strong and won some good clearances. Could well play in R1. If it's a choice between CEY and Hampton, CEY wins every day of the week.
Hampton - No change since 2017, when he was consistently one of our least effective players in the 9 games he played. Turnover looking for somewhere to happen.
Gibbs - Surprisingly fumbly.
Betts - Never managed to get into the game. Beginning to wonder if we've seen the best of him, in which case giving him a long contract will turn out to have been a big mistake.
Fogarty - Really good in the first half. Very quiet in the second half. Partly due to the ball being mostly in Port's forward line, partly because Port tightened up on him and didn't give him the leeway he had earlier. Will play in R1 if Tex isn't ready to go.
Hartigan - Dear God he was awful. If he wasn't standing by and watching Watts kick goals, he was kicking it out on the full himself. Let that settle in for a while - 5 of Watts' 6 goals were kicked on Hartigan.
Murphy - Didn't kick a goal, but showed himself to be a real hard nut.

Umpiring - Adelaide players almost had to be decapitated in order to win a free. Felt like poetic justice when Pittard did his hamstring, given that the umpire refused to pay the "holding" free to Atkins. Then there are other examples, such as allowing Port to substitute a left footer for Neade when Mackay kicked it out of bounds near the point post. Ridiculous number of Adelaide frees that were missed.

Why not ??? ....a sound midfield....great ruckman....hard running defenders and Dixon and Watts up forward ???
Credit where it's due ....this year shapes up as the biggest chance yet of a Port / Adelaide GF
Why? Because there are 4 better teams than Port in the comp. More than 4 in fact, and port can’t beat top 8 sides...in the real world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has an Essendon flog got to do with what you're crapping on about. Stop...take a look mat yourself...and then logoff! Why be a goose?

You are acting like a knob.

You’re the one who after winning a JLT game goes on the other team’s board to try and puff your chest out. Loser.

The first half strategy was interesting - clearly told to played on at all costs. Kept the ball moving. High risk, high reward stuff.
Were a few times I would have preferred to see a kick than a handball, but otherwise it looked good - especially the kick into the leading Fog.

Ok, the big question is...who are the new ins for round 1?
i reckon fogarty and cey have really put themselves in contention. depends how walker and brouch are for rd 1 though. murphy looked okay too, but think there's less room for him than the other two.

i reckon fogarty and cey have really put themselves in contention. depends how walker and brouch are for rd 1 though. murphy looked okay too, but think there's less room for him than the other two.
I think really this is how both teams should be approaching this game. To see who deserves to be playing in Rd 1. The result is really meaningless.
Come on Jeff...Hurry up and upload it onto Youtube...

Gibson is a tagger and was clearly brought in for that reason. His disposal is too poor for any other role in our game plan.

Jenkins should be handed a SANFL jumper on the way out of Alberton

How good is it to have Fog?! Gun. Should line up with Tex.

Dmac still garbage. Please come on Milera.

**** me, the cringe factor of some of our posters here is unreal. Came to have a lurk without posting just to get a view on how we went from the other side but this shit too embarrassing to deal
What has an Essendon flog got to do with what you're crapping on about. Stop...take a look at yourself...and then logoff! Why be a goose?

You are acting like a knob.

Geez, you really are stupid... you “liked” the above post from power supporter “handsome jack” who was lamenting the fact that other power supporters (re.. you) were in here making knobs of themselves..

So yeah... what’s an “Essendon flog” got to do with it you incredible moron..

Remove this Banner Ad

JLT2 - Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back