News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be pointless. He'd get one game, as the Beagles won't play finals, and if they do he can't be part of it as he won't have played 5+ games. At least the Eagles are tracking for finals so he could string a few games together. I wouldn't mind Willie in the team with a real fire in his belly, a point to prove, and a motivation of owing the club.
Also, and I'm hesitant writing this, if he is going to play at any level he would be the shortest favourite ever to get an ASADA target test after the match.

Knowing pot stays in the system for quite a while, the club can very clearly articulate that any more drugs and it is his career gone.

In a counter-intuitive way the fear of a drug test may be more motivating than the requirement to earn trust back...

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also, and I'm hesitant writing this, if he is going to play at any level he would be the shortest favourite ever to get an ASADA target test after the match.

Knowing pot stays in the system for quite a while, the club can very clearly articulate that any more drugs and it is his career gone.

In a counter-intuitive way the fear of a drug test may be more motivating than the requirement to earn trust back...

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is very much the last roll of the dice for Willie if we keep him on. I'd let him know that he is gone the second he steps out of his lane. That includes bulk buying mince and toilet paper the next time we lock down. Unjustifiable behaviour, ya Gawn!

images.jpeg-42.jpg

Simpson on left says he would have Willie back but it's not up to him. Homeless Gil (middle) says he has no problem with Willie returning .Guy on the right looks like he likes Willie and wants him back (not sure who he is).
Time for the club to make a stand and say we are over the backlash bullshit that has lingered for about fifteen years regards drugs and take Willie back imo.

Plan for Willie when he gets back here is to live with a member of staff, we have a psychologist and nutrisionist just for the indigenous boys nowadays so will be joined at the hip with them too. Don’t even think he will be able to wipe his own ass without the club knowing about it.

Liam Ryan has a similar arrangement

Plan for Willie when he gets back here is to live with a member of staff, we have a psychologist and nutrisionist just for the indigenous boys nowadays so will be joined at the hip with them too. Don’t even think he will be able to wipe his own ass without the club knowing about it.

Will his partner and kids be part of that arrangement or will they stay up in the NT for a while?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn’t for the footy department cap, we could arrange that ass wiper too.

Bloody Covid.

Quibbling, its personal for any of the guys & it is low behaviour to speculate.
Did you wake up on wrong side of bed this morning.

The question is about if his wife and kids will they be flown to Perth to be with Willie. It's a good question and nothing low about it. Stop over reacting and calm down.

Most would like to know if Willie is in a good headspace. Having his family by his side with him down here is important for Willie to remain stable so he can continue his AFL career. Most want him to sort his life out so the question is not inappropriate. It's a fair question.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Hope the board knobs at WC don't drag this out, just announce he's staying and we can all get on with it.
Need to announce what they’re doing by tomorrow, Wednesday at the absolute latest imo

It’s been a week so plenty of time to work through a decision to be made on whether he stays or goes even if the finer details of the conditions on which he is retained need to be finalised.

I also suspect it had a distracting effect on the players going into Sunday’s game so the club should’nt be allowing for this to fester for another week. Get it out of the way early

Reckon we’ll hear tomorrow.

All the external noise at the moment suggests he will live to fight another day but I guess it’ll come down to what the board reckon.

Suggestion is that players want him back, Simpson wants him back, the fans for the most part will and there’s been no real ripples with sponsors. The AFL have said there is going to be no further action.

I reckon the board will stamp off on a return to the club as planned with internal conditions at play, we’ll likely not even hear what they are in an official capacity.

Probably making Willy sweat on it, tightening the screws, and realise he's not an automatic inclusion, it's not a given entitlement, it has to be earned and respected.
But as world-renowned comedian Rosko Lyons said '1 million percent he should return!"
Every footy club would want a Rioli on their list...!

Did you wake up on wrong side of bed this morning.

The question is about if his wife and kids will they be flown to Perth to be with Willie. It's a good question and nothing low about it. Stop over reacting and calm down.

Most would like to know if Willie is in a good headspace. Having his family by his side with him down here is important for Willie to remain stable so he can continue his AFL career. Most want him to sort his life out so the question is not inappropriate. It's a fair question.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
The post took up the issue raised of living arrangements.
I consider this issue not in the public domain & more simply idle chatter.
We Eagles should support Willie through this, sure criticise his actions, but living arrangements !

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back