News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Driving back from golf lessons with my son this morning and ABC were banging on about it.

I thought he must have posted some full on abusive rant.

This is nothing, but could be another straw that breaks.the camels back.

Mick Malthouse said he'd "like to give him a clip behind the ear - we're not allowed to say that any more, but metamorphically speaking..."

I can empathise with Willie because I'm usually a very level headed and logical person (great in a crisis) and I've had similar outbursts recently as a result of burn out from the last 18 months of being in a leadership role in the WA health system. You know that its not the right action but in your mind you practically feel compelled to do so. It's tough. Fortunately I'm not subject to media scrutiny and I do have a support network. Willie seemingly doesn't have much appropriate support and West Coast's hands are tied.

Mental health is not just depression vs OK. There are many shades of grey.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Put anyone under enough pressure and they will eventually start to fray around the edges. I hope you aren't working at PCH right now?

It's a very hard situation with Willie, we obviously want to do what's right by him and support him, but he seems to be struggling under the pressure and publicity and may be resistant to help from the club (some people like simmo mentioned they hadn't spoken to him in months).

I agree, but I think this shows he feels he has copped what he sees as unfair press. I don't think this insta post was about Pickett at all, but his own view on the media's treatment of him.

Either way it's not a great strategy.

Willie needs a wakeup call if he thinks he's been unfairly treated.

He's lucky he's allowed to be playing AFL instead of looking for work with a drug conviction to his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of the goodwill and sympathy Willie has amongst us is rapidly fading away TBH.
Well it is for me anyway.

West Coast star Willie Rioli in middle of late night foul mouthed rant at football commentators

West Coast star Willie Rioli has found himself plunged into further controversy after a foul mouthed rant at commentators appeared on his Instagram stories during tonight’s match between Brisbane and Richmond.

Rioli’s account posted comments lashing out with an expletive-laden tirade after Marlion Pickett was reported for striking Brandon Starcevich with eight minutes remaining in the clash at the Gabba.

In response to a Fox Footy post on a potential penalty, Rioli’s account responded with: “You know what’s really killing the game! Is this s...! Giving people can’t play the game for s... to voice their f….. up opinion so that the people who write this s... get their money behind the scenes, while you sheeps go back an forth on s... to put a brother more down then he probably already feeling after putting his body on the line for 2 hours!”

The post was quickly deleted but the rant has again thrown the spotlight on Rioli at a time when West Coast is yet to announce a decision on his playing future.

Rioli is one month away from being allowed to re-join West Coast training as he completes his two year suspension for testing positive to cannabis on match day and twice being caught substituting urine during drug testing.

West Coast were contacted for comment.
What a load...
the guy swears on social media and people are screaming for him to be sanctioned?
imma tee off now.

shit

wank

cancel me now, everyone

I think some of you guys are missing the point on this. Similarly to the airport situation. Most people didn’t care that he had pot. Most people don’t give a fu** that he said fu** on his ******* Insta.

It’s more about his inability to do the smart thing and just lay low. He’s so close to his return, don’t take pot through the airport. He’s waiting to have his fate confirmed publicly by the club, don’t get on Insta and call people out.

Just lay low, Willie. Don’t post for a while. Stay out of the spotlight for a bit. Let it die down.

Don’t give a fu** what he said, it’s just again reinforcing he doesn’t quite have a handle on how to best handle this situation.
personally, i think this is total BS. there is no need to treat someone differently and tell them to "lay low" as you put it when he has done nothing wrong. the people trying to pull him down are using a nothing situation to score clickbait points and further their grubby careers. imagine someone swearing on social media? hells bells!
If you are going to criticize a person, do it when they do something illegal... and let people do whatever legal thing they want?

personally, i think this is total BS. there is no need to treat someone differently and tell them to "lay low" as you put it when he has done nothing wrong. the people trying to pull him down are using a nothing situation to score clickbait points and further their grubby careers. imagine someone swearing on social media? hells bells!
If you are going to criticize a person, do it when they do something illegal... and let people do whatever legal thing they want?

Ok. If you want to look at it that way Willie has done something illegal at least twice that we know of and god knows how many times we don’t know about… how many more illegal things does it need before he looses his job because just once would see me loose mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You just don't get it.

Willie still represents the club and is currently skating on thin ice.
You think going off about commentators, which has created bad publicity for the club is a good thing?
If it was OK, why did he delete it?

I wonder was Nisbett and Simmo thought when they saw the headline.
In isolation it's not a hanging offence, but he just doesn't need to bring any more bad publicity to himself and the club.

It's about time he pulled his head in.

Ok. If you want to look at it that way Willie has done something illegal at least twice that we know of and god knows how many times we don’t know about… how many more illegal things does it need before he looses his job because just once would see me loose mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
that's fine, criticize him for doing illegal things, but when you pile on with "oh, he said **** on social media" it makes his rap sheet look worse than it is.
he said shit and ****.
who reading this has not said those words today?
why should we be treated any differently?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back