Oppo Camp Joe Richards (Traded to Port Adel. 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

what are the rules with trading a mid-season draft pick. I thought they become free agents ?

That’s not true anyway, Peatling of GWS was an MSD pick and he has to be traded for by Adelaide.

Ok...I'm back after a week's suspension from swans board.

Joe Richards you entitled flog

Year 1 injured and not upto it

Year 2 9 games and a 3 year contract offer

What more do ya want son..

Piss off
I can't help feeling the same way. It's hard to use the " feeling unloved or unwanted" argument. Maybe he was worried about his future kids starving like Tay Adams. But then I love all of the players who turn their backs on their clubs and run into our loving embrace! Isn't trade period an emotionally messy and complex time?
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only slightly surprised to see Joe choose Port - always seemed likely I thought, but Fly made it seem otherwise - must have just been wishful thinking on his part.

He's a potential gun, but I'm ok losing him if we get Dan Houston in a deal now.

As a supporter group we saw his potential, Port obviously did to but he's still only 9 games in and nearly 25 years old.

Hard to really know what we might be losing or Port gaining as his future prospects are hardly locked in.

Outside of Rioli Port have little in the way of small forwards so he should find it a little easier to remain in the 23.

If he's one piece of the puzzle that helps us land Houston then he's served us well.

Ok...I'm back after a week's suspension from swans board.

Joe Richards you entitled flog

Year 2 9 games and a 3 year contract offer

What more do ya want son..

Piss off

What got you banned haha?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It really can't be understated how much this is true - His first season, as a mature age 23 year old recruit, he looked a million miles off it even at VFL level.

He literally only showed that he was even possibly viable as an AFL player for PARTS of this season, and he's gone around fielding offers from other teams.

If he's getting anywhere north of $350k per season over three years, he's pulled off a MILLION DOLLAR GUARANTEE for barely one season of decent footy at a decent level.

Which it's pretty hard to begrudge him for doing. Would be pretty funny if he flopped hard, because you really couldn't claim that you thought you had a rock solid recruit in the bag.

Flogs like Kane Cornes want to complain about what he imagines Harry Perryman to be getting paid, but Perryman has already played 129 games of footy, including 12 finals with a winning record across them.

Joe Richards is the same age, and has played 9 games of little to no consequence, and is getting a substantial guarantee still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Joe Richards (Traded to Port Adel. 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back