Oppo Camp Joe Richards (Traded to Port Adel. 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had opportunities at the pies

Over the peanut
Harsh. Even with those opportunities the fact remains that with a fully fit forward line he would be depth with us, at least in the short term. You can’t blame him for opting to take the offer that will give him the best shot at maximising his career. He’ll play round 1 for Port but would be behind Bobby, Beau, Jamie and Schultz at the pies. HH too had he not done his ACL.

Had opportunities at the pies

Over the peanut
At his late age of entering the competition he’s decided he wants to play every game he can but also in a good side. He’s probably chosen wisely for his own development.

It’s funny how some people have turned on him now because a year ago many thought he was a dud anyway

At his late age of entering the competition he’s decided he wants to play every game he can but also in a good side. He’s probably chosen wisely for his own development.

It’s funny how some people have turned on him now because a year ago many thought he was a dud anyway
Him wanting to go to Port was also part of the jigsaw that saw us get Houston.
I wanted Joe to stay, but give me Dan every day of the week.

He didn't leave for a tiny bit more coin or slightly more opportunity in best 22, the world was his oyster if he wanted to stay with us.
There was clearly some other reason and I'm not implying anything untoward.
But you guys do you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't leave for a tiny bit more coin or slightly more opportunity in best 22, the world was his oyster if he wanted to stay with us.
But you guys do you.
It’s pretty obvious Collingwood was happy to let him leave given it was apparent from an early stage that he could be a puzzle piece in landing Houston. Similarly with Noble. Given we knew the Suns needed points.

If they had both wanted to go to two different clubs the Houston deal might have been a hell of a lot more complicated. Ditto for lukusious wanting to go to Port. All very convenient for all parties.

Whether those player preferences were luck/coincidence, or whether it was engineered/encouraged somehow, we will never know.

But you guys do you.

Unless one knows Joe personally, they're guessing his reasons for leaving. The world was not his oyster in a club with Elliott, Schultz, & Hill on its list.

The club's forward line could use a third-tall (Membrey?) more than it could use a flanker.

Richards chose well. Port was a good career move for him and helped the club land Houston.

But you guys do you.
What are you on about? He's a professional footballer. Professionals move for more money or opportunity every single day.

He needs injuries at us because Hill, McCreery and Schultz are well ahead of him.

At Port it's only Pepper Pig and Rioli with a vacancy below them if he's good enough to take it. It's a no brainer in terms of career opportunity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Joe Richards (Traded to Port Adel. 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back