News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always thought marking was a more natural skill. You either have it (casboult) or you don't (Warnock).
Technique can be taught. It's one of the things that we seem to be lacking really... a good technique which is why our forwards and rucks always seem to get worked under the ball.

Technique can be taught. It's one of the things that we seem to be lacking really... a good technique which is why our forwards and rucks always seem to get worked under the ball.
Technique can absolutely be taught from the most basic to the most advanced ..

forward line functionality is ordinary still and has been since 2011..

Leading patterns are terrible, only 3 players on Carlton's list know how to really lead to create space and also to attack (walker, waite and Hendo)..Sad considering 2 of them are predominately backmen..All 3 learnt this craft under other coaches...

Rowe and Casboult show plenty of aggression but not quite the smarts required just yet, however should have been taught this by now.

None of the forwards under Barkers watch have improved,and those who were coming along nicely before him have stagnated or gone slightly backwards..

he is not the man for the job..

forward line functionality is ordinary still and has been since 2011..

Leading patterns are terrible, only 3 players on Carlton's list know how to really lead to create space and also to attack (walker, waite and Hendo)..Sad considering 2 of them are predominately backmen..All 3 learnt this craft under other coaches...

Rowe and Casboult show plenty of aggression but not quite the smarts required just yet, however should have been taught this by now.

None of the forwards under Barkers watch have improved,and those who were coming along nicely before him have stagnated or gone slightly backwards..

he is not the man for the job..

I would be very interested to know who are the forwards that were coming along nicely before Barker arrived & who have now stagnated, or gone backwards..

I would also love to know why Barker is held responsible for any shortcomings in Rowe's development, given he spent time on Sydney's list, as well as on Norwood's list & was recruited to the club aged 24.

I would be very interested to know who are the forwards that were coming along nicely before Barker arrived & who have now stagnated, or gone backwards..

I would also love to know why Barker is held responsible for any shortcomings in Rowe's development, given he spent time on Sydney's list, as well as on Norwood's list & was recruited to the club aged 24.

cant blame him for Rowe at this point, and far too much of carltons gameplan has been based around a fit waite or ruckmen. Walker turned out ok, only to be pushed back. Mitchell and Casboult have both been plagued by injury - which is part of why we recruited Rowe in the first place.

Of course I know which I mentioned in another post in this thread.

Whilst "that" person remains Pres, SOS will not come near the Club.

Isn't Sticks supposed to be stepping down at the end of the year?
Would love to see SOS back at the club.

Isn't Sticks supposed to be stepping down at the end of the year?
Would love to see SOS back at the club.
Sticks looks like staying on for next year, so SOS will have to wait another year. Then of course we could be looking at a situation where Jack Silvagni is being considered as a F/S selection while his father is holding down a role at the club. Would SOS be as protective of Jack as Serge tried to be with him in his early days at Carlton?

Sticks looks like staying on for next year, so SOS will have to wait another year. Then of course we could be looking at a situation where Jack Silvagni is being considered as a F/S selection while his father is holding down a role at the club. Would SOS be as protective of Jack as Serge tried to be with him in his early days at Carlton?

Can't believe it's just over 12 months until we could have another Silvagni on our list.
Such a shame there is such bad blood between Sticks & SOS given how much they went through on the field together.

Can't believe it's just over 12 months until we could have another Silvagni on our list.
Such a shame there is such bad blood between Sticks & SOS given how much they went through on the field together.
I am hoping that it will all disappear as soon as SOSOS gets out there in navy blue!

that kind of makes it sound like he's in it for himself ?

Wasn't it because Fahour was going to be the next president but isn't playing nicely with others so they are keeping Sticks on for the 150th and assessing the situation? IMO, the board are comfortable with Kernahan because he has never considered himself to own the position and he comes across as an appeaser, not a dictator. Maybe not a good trait for a president, but a good recipe for board stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be wrong but i think Jack is only 15, turns 16 in December.
Wont be eligible until 2015 draft.

What's the issue with SOS and Sticks? News to me.

Consensus is it goes back to the salary cap infringements and spilling the beans. .. Plus the fall out there in. .. Assume Bradley has a similar icy relationship. ..

Considering all my Carlton memorabilia is SoS focussed, I'd love for him to return to the fold. ..

I am sure it has all ready mentioned on here, and my apology if it has ... but can someone please tell what the source of the disagreement between Sticks and SOS is all about ?

Remove this Banner Ad

News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back