News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

We're barking up the wrong tree with Johnny, no wonder he was sacked by 3 clubs already.

Get rid of him at season's end and bring in Wayne Carey as the next forward line coach.

I think the very Fact a couple of other clubs have sacked him as an assistant coach is damning in itself. Now granted it's not his fault we don't have many tall key forward options but there has to be better coaches out there surely ?

It's very unfair to criticise JB for what happened on the weekend when we aren't on the inner sanctum. For all we know he could have been pushing for Henderson to go forward and Bower to go to Hall only for him to be vetoed by the senior coach.

I think the very Fact a couple of other clubs have sacked him as an assistant coach is damning in itself. Now granted it's not his fault we don't have many tall key forward options but there has to be better coaches out there surely ?

Was he sacked? Wikipedia indicates he left to Hawthorn for money.

Talking out your arse as usual.

To start with he'd only been an assistant at two clubs before joining us.

Here's the article when he left the Saints

http://www.thefanatics.com/sports.news.view.php?id=37481052

Here's the article when he left the Hawks

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s-coaching-staff/story-e6freck3-1225917542925

Hardly Barker's fault we didn't have a tall forward for three quarters. We did kick nearly 30 goals against Richmond, clearly the structure works when we move the ball quickly.

We're barking up the wrong tree with Johnny, no wonder he was sacked by 3 clubs already.

Get rid of him at season's end and bring in Wayne Carey as the next forward line coach.
Wayne Carey would be perfect for the club if he took a permanent position. The guy knows how to go at it.

Wayne Carey would be perfect for the club if he took a permanent position. The guy knows how to go at it.

Wayne Carey did some coaching of our forwards during the Pagan years. I saw nothing then to suggest he has what it takes to hold down a permanent coaching position.

I don't see other clubs clamouring to obtain Carey's services.

There are a number of people I would love to see join the Carlton Football Club in a coaching capacity.

Wayne Carey, whilst he was obviously an unbelievable footballer, is not one of them.

It is very difficult to gauge just how well Barker is doing in the coaches box, as it is with any line coach. Our forward line is not outstanding but it is very dangerous. Whilst at times it has been a little chaotic, for the most part it has functioned soundly. On that basis and on that basis alone, it is difficult to say that Barker has done anything other than a reasonable job. Certainly hasn't done anything anywhere near bad enough for supporters to be calling for his head.

Please LL, why Carey?
Taking away the fact he was a good footballer, why Carey? :rolleyes:

I'll pull one out of my backside now, but I'd like to see Brereton involved somehow with our club if we had a suitable vacancy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As reasonable as Hendo has been down back in the last couple it would be nice to see Waite, Hendo and the rest of the forward line actually play a few games together.

I reckon the productivity and efficiency would definately go up.

Hendo forward on his own doesn't work but I reckon he gains confidence from just having Waite there plus His fitness base will be improving each game.

Assuming Jamo is back for finals and one of Bower or Aussie steps into the CHB role I'd like to see Hendo at CHF.

As reasonable as Hendo has been down back in the last couple it would be nice to see Waite, Hendo and the rest of the forward line actually play a few games together.

I reckon the productivity and efficiency would definately go up.

Hendo forward on his own doesn't work but I reckon he gains confidence from just having Waite there plus His fitness base will be improving each game.

Assuming Jamo is back for finals and one of Bower or Aussie steps into the CHB role I'd like to see Hendo at CHF.

My sentiments exactly.

That's the way it will ultimately work out anyway.
Henderson is only one bad game away from being put back forward, and one good tall back-man to just fit some form.

Really? What is he like as a coach? Brilliant player, terrible bloke, unknown as a coach. Form line is not overwhelming. Egos are not great for football clubs.
Wayne Carey would make our Tall forwards champions mark my words he would say straight if the player was crap and not pulling their weight. He would give us a flag mark my words and make Henderson a real MAN hard and tough.

Wayne Carey would make our Tall forwards champions mark my words he would say straight if the player was crap and not pulling their weight. He would give us a flag mark my words and make Henderson a real MAN hard and tough.

get back on your meds...

Carey isnt a coaches arseh*le... he might make it as a skills trainer, teaching them how to kick the ball but I wouldnt want him anywhere near the club as a coach.

Are you actually advocating Wayne Carey as an honest person? :eek:

He'd also teach our players how to be involved in the drugs game, how to be involved with teammate's wives and also how to play dirty football.

As great a champion as he was, I'd want him no where near our team.

Carey spent some time at Collingwood but they could never structure their training around him as he would only turn up when he wanted to.

Thanks but no thanks.

l wasn't Barker fan but feed back from players is very positive.l don't think there will be any changes on coaching panel.Our stuctures and gameplan have improved and will get even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back