Oppo Camp John Noble (Traded to GCS 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

You really are a negative supporter, aren't you? Tom Phillips has some things to work on, but given his diligence in his career so far, I'll back him in. The guy is 23 and runs all day. Yeah he may not be as tough as nails and may have some skill deficiencies, but where is the credit for a guy who runs his guts out every week? It's hard to run when you feel like you have nothing left, this guy does it every week. It may not be the purest form of football toughness, but it's definitely tough to me.

I think he's tough. He's been clobbered a coupla times or whatever running agst the flight of the ball and that re.. if he's our best runner.. and has enormous endurance.. his strengths are obviously on the outside.. gut running.. we take away his strengths as a player if we demand he get in and under and scrap for it.. and when the time calls for it.. he's pretty courageous and he gets in there.

Last edited:
John Noble
John-Noble.jpg

HEIGHT:180cm
WEIGHT:72kg
CAREER MATCHES:43
CAREER GOALS: 24
Looks to have a tatt on his forearm, will fit right in.

Hine said they looked at who they had ranked around the 30-40 range for November who might be available Noble was the only one. Son of David Noble

Interesting how Hine would see a 22 year old projecting at that range in the 2019 draft. Not many mature agers go in the national draft... especially that early

You really are a negative supporter, aren't you? Tom Phillips has some things to work on, but given his diligence in his career so far, I'll back him in. The guy is 23 and runs all day. Yeah he may not be as tough as nails and may have some skill deficiencies, but where is the credit for a guy who runs his guts out every week? It's hard to run when you feel like you have nothing left, this guy does it every week. It may not be the purest form of football toughness, but it's definitely tough to me.
Well said.
Refreshing to hear opinions such as this.

Interesting how Hine would see a 22 year old projecting at that range in the 2019 draft. Not many mature agers go in the national draft... especially that early

Must of Really Liked what he seen so far in the SANFL this Season and I dare say Murry getting a Long Suspension adds that Need

Do you really think we need cover for Wells from the senior ranks of lesser competitions? I’d be surprised if we didn’t just pick the player with the best chance of making it with a decent amount of potential to be a good AFL player in any position.

I doubt he’s going to step in and be an immediate upgrade on Sier, Daicos, Wills etc. Hopefully medium-term though.

Definitely. Speed is seriously lacking in our best 22 ATM and Wells was gone at seasons end anyway. Bringing Noble on allows us to get a fast tracked look at him. I doubt he replaces any of them, but he’s another number than can hopefully add something with time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious as to why the club with the deepest midfield in the AFL picked up another midfielder in the mid season draft.

In a season where once again, half our defensive stocks are depleted.

o_O

To be fair there wasn't a whole lot of KPP talent available and Noble has Hine special written all over him - moved away from footy in his later junior career, found his love for the game again and has shown plenty against AFL standard opposition.

Apparently has a strong dose of both speed and endurance which will serve him well if he has even moderately good skills for an AFL footballer.

Makes me wonder though if we aren't recruiting him more as a pressure small forward type?

To be fair there wasn't a whole lot of KPP talent available and Noble has Hine special written all over him - moved away from footy in his later junior career, found his love for the game again and has shown plenty against AFL standard opposition.

Apparently has a strong dose of both speed and endurance which will serve him well if he has even moderately good skills for an AFL footballer.

Makes me wonder though if we aren't recruiting him more as a pressure small forward type?

Could also be Winger/HBF

Just not sure what kind of value you provide when your only genuine asset as a footballer is....endurance.

Not speed
Not elite disposal
Not strength
Not good hands
Not good decision making

Just....endurance

Simple. You get to more contests than anyone else on the field. Just watch first 5-10 minutes of last quarter against Swans. He was critical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp John Noble (Traded to GCS 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back