Jonathan O'Rourke

Remove this Banner Ad

Not one of our better picks, just watching Jono play VFL one would expect him to dominate that level but he just seems to go through the motion just no urgency at all.

I’d say he had a couple of plays today where his burst speed was noticeable outside of his usual output.
I was quite surprised.

I still think 1 more season, even as a rookie possibly.

When you watch him you just wonder what attributes made him get selected at Pick 2 in the draft.
It was a weak draft. Also I remember pre-draft they had their rankings of players and he was above average in a lot of areas but elite in none.

Injuries have hampered his development no doubt but pre-injuries he was nothing special compared to some elite juniors that come through.

Not the first nor the last top pick that doesn't make it though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

posted in the BHH thread he is playing with a groin injury, he did hurt it back in round 16 or 17 so perhaps he is playing out the year in an attempt to get another contract even though not 100%

He has been unable to stay fit for a full season, unable to deal with niggles while playing, and unable to show his potential on the rare occasions that he's been fully fit. It's unfortunate.

He has been unable to stay fit for a full season, unable to deal with niggles while playing, and unable to show his potential on the rare occasions that he's been fully fit. It's unfortunate.
He'd be more disappointed than any of us he hasn't been able to seize the opportunity to make it at AFL level with the Hawks.

But he's had more chances than most between GC and the Hawks.

In the end, he wasn't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had less time on ground then usual.
Btw, those wondering how JOR ended up pick 2, it is important to know that it didn’t matter which player they chose at what number as they just threw darts at the board with smorgasbord of options at that time of their list managing.

He’s playing wing, half forward due to a sore groin. Keeping him out of the guts to nurse him through to hopefully a grand final. If it wasn’t finals he’d most likely have a week off.

In an offseason where there is potential for a lot of change, you'd have to think both he and Willsmore are all but finished at Hawthorn now.

In an offseason where there is potential for a lot of change, you'd have to think both he and Willsmore are all but finished at Hawthorn now.
Depends.

Already a few short with Tyrone and Cyril gone.

Heatherley is done. Roughy might move on. Schoey and Duryea FA.

Can't cut too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathan O'Rourke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back