Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we got offered 10 for Lobbe...
Pity the deal didn't go through... given you ended up giving him away for peanuts & paying part of his salary.

Timing is everything...

Tredders saying our deal was significantly more than the pears;

in order it was
Our deal
Sydney deal
Pear deal.

Meh, let them say what they want to make themselves and their supporters feel better.

We've (almost) got him so we can be satisfied with that. And who actually knows how much our offer was?

These journo's allegedly know how much players are on, but aren't they really just guessing, albeit an educated guess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One year too late, there is a risk here.
Not really. Front load the contract to the point that it puts teams above you in the order out of running.

$1m first year followed by 4 years at $500k and notes above us would touch him as they need to match exact contract terms and payment structure.

Swans didn't have 1st pick in PSD when they got Tippett

Not really. Front load the contract to the point that it puts teams above you in the order out of running.

$1m first year followed by 4 years at $500k and notes above us would touch him as they need to match exact contract terms and payment structure.

Let me ask you would you offer him our 2nd rounder and not take that chance?

Honestly in regards to Dawson, Im happy that we got him, sure us beating the Power is the icing, but at the end of the day we got a player we needed.

Over the years with the slops that Port got, I wasnt ever envious of them. I knew Fantasia would be good, but I also knew he is injury prone and not a risk for a Club at the bottom of the ladder.

My concern with doing that is what you see in America (which one day we will see here, infact, I wouldn't be shocked if it's what B.Hill did when leaving Freo for St Kilda)

You can give someone $3m over 4 years, but if $2m is paid in the first 2 years, you ask for a trade elsewhere for a new contract worth $1.5m over the next 2 years, rather than the $1m you were going to get at the status quo

One day heavily front ended contracts will destroy a team. Just a matter of when, not if. And right now, the 3 in the position to be destroyed are Carlton, Essendon and Port Adelaide.

This is a complete logical fail.
Only Dawson decides where he wants to go. These Port/Sydney machinations don't affect that.
They only come into play once he has decided to go to Port.

I was having this very argument with a Port supporter today, before Dawson nominated us.

The un-nominated team can't outbid for him.

Remind me again why we need to give something up for an uncontracted player?

I can't keep up with this backwards league when I spend my time watching professional leagues around the world then have to relearn the AFL shenanigan unwritten laws they have.
Because no ones tested it court yet. It’s clearly restraint of trade if someone did challenge it

Makes you wonder why he bothered meeting with Port at all. You’re not going to take an offer that much lower.

Also, I doubt Sydney’s offer was as high as Ports. If their salary cap problems are as extensive as is being reported.

I think port asked him not to make a decision until he had heard what they had to offer. They came in late and tried to swoop

the wanted to sell him on the club, the vision etc. Their great record with recruits etc. And having seen the facilities they hoped he might buy in to what they can offer

I doubt he rejected them per se, but we’ve been selling him hard all year and I suspect he never saw anything to counteract the fact he was already 95% sold

Of course he is running that line, needs to get back in the good books with Ken and co

How can the media go from no idea on what will be Dawson's decision then straight to what clubs have offered once he has made a decision

It's total BS

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He said this right after claiming he has “no idea about what goes on in the coaches box” when the topic was about Voss and Schofield. And before that about how he’s a straight shooter and always tells it like it is. Seems to have to remind the listeners a lot about how unbiased he is. 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back