Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Goey (by description) reminds me of a Gavin Brown type - hard, reasonably versatile, strong hands in the air for his size, inside mid potential, leadership qualities. His kicking style is also very very similar. I'd love it if he was given the 26 jumper.

Might have to surgically remove Williams before handing it on.

Well if the figure above of 32 people running was correct, then of that:

-De Goey, Moore, Maynard, Goodyear, Manteit, Abbott and Cox are all new, so they don't have PBs to break yet.

-Some guys have already been at peak fitness for a few years and don't need to be "fitter than ever" to be fit enough for AFL footy. The benchmark for fitness is not continuous improvement over your entire career - Players are going to plateau in terms of their fitness at some point. Someone like Pendlebury doesn't need to be "fitter" than last year - He was already well fit enough, so maintaining that level is enough.

-There are a range of factors that go into the actual times being run in pre season time trials that don't mean that a player is necessarily less fit on gameday if he runs a slower time.

-Players should be fitter at the end of the end of the pre-season than the start, so there are plenty of opportunities for players to get their fitness to peak levels by the time footy actually kicks up again.

-How do we know that players running PBs isn't as much an indicator of how poor their fitness was in the past, rather than how good it is now? Without knowing the team benchmarks and everybody's times, we don't know whether or not this is cause for concern.

Or are they counted among the 9 who set PBs?

Fasolo is a bit misunderstood, and his reputation for having an ego is misinterpreted.
He's a joker. He likes to joke around and one of his jokes he plays up all the time is what a superstar he is.
So when he's talking shit about how awesome he is, he's taking the piss. It's a common thing to see him at training praising himself, and the other guys play on the joke too.
He doesn't have the figjam type ego, and in general is a nice friendly guy, he's just more of a hyper personality and joker for his own good sometimes, it can get annoying. That's all there is to it. he's settled down in the last year or so, when he first started the players had to tell him to tone it down he was giving them the shits.

He sounds very similar to former Lions defender Darryl White. Darryl was one of my tutors when I was at high school, he was retired from AFL at that stage. He was one of the funniest blokes and would always talk about how he was the best player on the lions team and how he carried them. He would take the piss out of anyone and everyone including himself but you could tell it was all tongue in cheek and he was just having a laugh.

Well if the figure above of 32 people running was correct, then of that:

-De Goey, Moore, Maynard, Goodyear, Manteit, Abbott and Cox are all new, so they don't have PBs to break yet.

Not sure about Cox, but those other guys all would have had PB's before coming to the club, 2k time trials are pretty common I'd think.

You know after watching this years TAC 2014 Grand Final last night. I reckon this kid is gonna destroy. He actually reminds me of Steele in some ways.

I'm impressed with De Goeys size and strength for a young player. He seems as big as Bucks which is tremendous. That's the kind of bull I was hoping for with Jessie Lonergan a couple of years back. Seems a natural footballer as well not quick but a natural ball player.

Was talking to the St Pats coach yesterday who suggested Pies were right into Duggan who he thinks will be a real player and leader. From everything I've seen and heard Duggan is first rate. So his comment was basically De Goey must be really good ( for us to have passed on Duggan)

I'm impressed with De Goeys size and strength for a young player. He seems as big as Bucks which is tremendous. That's the kind of bull I was hoping for with Jessie Lonergan a couple of years back. Seems a natural footballer as well not quick but a natural ball player. QUOTE]

From the sounds of things the speed might not matter too much, there is increasing talk of slowing the game back down and reducing rotations etc.

Hope this eventuates as the endurance will be more important and the game can go back to more skill than what we have been seeing.

I can see the pies drafting more traditional footballers with nouse and skill.

Fingers crossed this eventuates as we will have a core group of hard skilled players to take us far

I'm impressed with De Goeys size and strength for a young player. He seems as big as Bucks which is tremendous. That's the kind of bull I was hoping for with Jessie Lonergan a couple of years back. Seems a natural footballer as well not quick but a natural ball player.

Was talking to the St Pats coach yesterday who suggested Pies were right into Duggan who he thinks will be a real player and leader. From everything I've seen and heard Duggan is first rate. So his comment was basically De Goey must be really good ( for us to have passed on Duggan)

Duggan’s Biggest Problem was his Speed

Im Not sure about u guys. But personally I think we have enough young X-Factors in our team from recent drafts.
Kennedy
Freeman
Broomhead
are all speedy midfielders with good skills who can tear a game apart.
Then we have Williams Elliot Seedsman who are slightly more mature and offer point of differences

Im Not sure about u guys. But personally I think we have enough young X-Factors in our team from recent drafts.
Kennedy
Freeman
Broomhead
Then we have Williams Elliot Seedsman who are slightly more mature and offer point of differences

I think X-Factor and tall midfielders are the most overrated things on this board

Love watching the guys with X-Factor play but I'd rather have a mr consistent Sam Mitchell in the trenches every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think X-Factor and tall midfielders are the most overrated things on this board

Love watching the guys with X-Factor play but I'd rather have a mr consistent Sam Mitchell in the trenches every week
Have you got a spare Sam Mitchell lying around?

I see your point, but you have to draft to your needs(height, speed) and hope they can become mr. consistent.

The Hawks are blessed with gun clearance miss and were able to get outside run like that offered by Hill to compliment their list. We need to get the basics right. We have been terrible at clearances of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennedy
Freeman
Broomhead
I must have missed that, slight exaggeration mate.

Can't believe he is only going to be a mid in AFL fantasy.

Yeah, I agree watching De Goey standing up on the podium, his size is incredible for a young kid. I was also a big fan of Lonergan, so hopefully De Goey can provide something similar. Actually the player he reminds me of most is Selwood, in that he always right where the ball is, puts on a lot of pressure when he doesn't have the ball, and when he does get it, he is calm and measured when distributing it.

Yeah, I agree watching De Goey standing up on the podium, his size is incredible for a young kid. I was also a big fan of Lonergan, so hopefully De Goey can provide something similar. Actually the player he reminds me of most is Selwood, in that he always right where the ball is, puts on a lot of pressure when he doesn't have the ball, and when he does get it, he is calm and measured when distributing it.

Snoop Dog said in his Mock Draft that He did Remind of Joel Duckwood

Ok I have really only watched him in a full game in his TAC GF but Selwood doesn't ball watch packs anywhere near the same as Degoey. Selwood smashs in a gets it then extracts it.

Was actually very surprised how stand offish Degoey was in that game for such a highly rated player.

Ok I have really only watched him in a full game in his TAC GF but Selwood doesn't ball watch packs anywhere near the same as Degoey. Selwood smashs in a gets it then extracts it.

Was actually very surprised how stand offish Degoey was in that game for such a highly rated player.

At least De Goey does not Duck like Duckwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back