Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Swan, Millane & Didak have survived their early career under Buckely?

If day probably not......I'm not a Buckley hater and glad he's been given another 2 years but that was the good thing about Malthouse, he was able to manage the group well with all the different personalities. The one blight on Bucks is he struggles to manage players with a bad boy image and those that live different lives off the field than what he did.

Just musing....

It’s one of those interesting asides when players who has a bit of
“Bad boy” about them would have gone early days with Buckley?

Ofcourse the only bad boys mentioned are the champions like Didak, Swan, Millane.

Would equally interesting to see the various bad boys who lost a whole career because they were never adequately reigned in? Or didn’t know how to be professional.

Sure it happens at all clubs. I think of the immensely talented Aaron James as an example. Must be heaps of them.

Lost from the game because of terrible professionalism.

Not sure coaches like Hafey would tolerate rat bags but the better the player the more tolerant one becomes. I imagine that’s the equation in these things.

Agree coaching and managing to “style” is an important aspect of a coach and club. Coaches should be aware and take it into consideration.

And then there is the real life tragedy of the player perhaps not fully reigned in.
We rightly mourn the death of Darren Millane. Very professional in training etc and did many right things. But he was also lauded for the off field stuff.
He is a very sad reminder of a poor decision costing so much. And far more important than any football game.

Anyone remember the kid, who when drafted, said to Bucks "I will never let you down!". Seems a distant memory now.

At his best he could become the mid/fwd beast that we crave; I just worry about his rumoured off field commitment to getting the best out of himself.

Hopefully this latest stuff is just a storm in a teacup and he has a blinder of a year (with no dog/pub punch up related injuries).

Anyone remember the kid, who when drafted, said to Bucks "I will never let you down!". Seems a distant memory now.

At his best he could become the mid/fwd beast that we crave; I just worry about his rumoured off field commitment to getting the best out of himself.

Hopefully this latest stuff is just a storm in a teacup and he has a blinder of a year (with no dog/pub punch up related injuries).
"..........the dark side is strong!

Meh, if Dusty can do what he does and still pull out a complete season, I have faith Joedy can do the same.

Different strokes for different folks only extends so far at a sporting club. I’d be willing to let Jordy do whatever gets his rocks off as long as he doesn’t do anything to impact his performance not just on game day but training. Even Swanny was suspended after coming to training drunk under Malthouse.

Dustin Martin is no saint but he is physically and athletically elite. If Jordy can use that as a blueprint then I’d be willing to extend him some rope.

Different strokes for different folks only extends so far at a sporting club. I’d be willing to let Jordy do whatever gets his rocks off as long as he doesn’t do anything to impact his performance not just on game day but training. Even Swanny was suspended after coming to training drunk under Malthouse.

Dustin Martin is no saint but he is physically and athletically elite. If Jordy can use that as a blueprint then I’d be willing to extend him some rope.

Given he is alleged to committed the sin of going for a jog around the tan with an assistant coach, I'm also prepared to let him off the hook this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only bloke on our list capable of becoming a top 5 midfield beast.

I won't add Stephenson into that group because he hasn't even done a preseason yet.

Bucks please just do one thing this year, play him in the guts.

Gee I'm a few days behind on this one, didn't even know there was a "story" out there until reading through the last few pages here.

Tom Browne battling for December relevancy again by the looks of it

The only bloke on our list capable of becoming a top 5 midfield beast.

I won't add Stephenson into that group because he hasn't even done a preseason yet.

Bucks please just do one thing this year, play him in the guts.
I agree with all that, definitely the one in the younger brigade we need to be pushing up the most regarding the next wave

Would Swan, Millane & Didak have survived their early career under Buckely?
Of course they would, 3 shitkickers wouldn't have but Bucks is better placed than most to spot a gun and he would have nursed them through, but I'm sure that little slice of reality won't sway the negs that need a scapegoat

Not sure it's relevant but why not?
Different coach have different approaches to players with non conformist personalities and different coaches have different definitions of conformity. Given we had a significant culture change programme I think it's doubtful. Some agree and some don't.

Of course they would, 3 shitkickers wouldn't have but Bucks is better placed than most to spot a gun and he would have nursed them through, but I'm sure that little slice of reality won't sway the negs that need a scapegoat
A scapegoat for what?

Degoey needs to make sure he doesn't follow the Marley Williams manifesto ie thinking that you can party with Van Halen when your an opening act at Cherry Bar.

Can’t believe Millane has been brought into this thread to score cheap points.
I think I may have, it was purely to mentioned that two of my all time favourite players were not saints but managed to deliver. Swan was the other.

I could at Dennis Banks, Heath Shaw, Crosisca, Didak and Taz to that.

It was never mentioned in anyway to score cheap points, apologies if you took it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back