Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In my opinion he was great alongside Jack Crisp. Both kicked clutch goals at important moments. Nick and Bobby the cream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this guy was in a video game, his consistency rating would be 60/100.

But his clutch rating would by 95/100.

Well done Jordy, I didn't always believe that you would take us there, but you did.

Just as impressed with his mature post game comments as I am his performances.

I smell an AA in 2024.

For those who wanted him gone for his indiscretions, he has repaid us in spades by sticking with him side by side.

Best thing is he has said he wants to be remembered as a multiple premiership player.
The club played this one well. I do not believe many wanted him gone at the time, just appropriately sanctioned for his repeated stupidity. He needed a stiff kick up the arse and thankfully he has responded in the right manner.

The club should be commended for the support it has given him, and JDG should be commended for his personal development. There were no guarantees at the time whichever way the club went.

Apart from the Flag, the other benefit is we probably saved a bit on his contract.

Despite their obvious differences as players, there is a lot that reminds me of Swanny about Jordy.

Both possess immense talent, which with time and care was able to be brought out despite their "wild child", larrikin early tendencies.

Both adore being at the club and sharing time with their teamates. They play footy like they are kids still, delighting in bring joy to their teamates, family and friends.

Both come across as humble about themselves, but with a fierce competitive nature and steely resolve to win by seizing the big moments.

So glad both are now Premiership players.

Seeing Leppa hug De Goey on the ground after beating the Lions in a Grand Final after we acquired his draft pick through Beams deal while Leppa was coach is a mind warp and a less than ideal end result if you are a Lions fan
I still remember my despair sitting in a 6pm uni class, refreshing the age and that news pops up. Worked out okay though..

I still remember my despair sitting in a 6pm uni class, refreshing the age and that news pops up. Worked out okay though..
Also remember how upset l was at getting this no name Jack Crisp in the deal. Was not happy, thought they done us over in the deal.

Did that Crisp guy do anything for us:)

Despite their obvious differences as players, there is a lot that reminds me of Swanny about Jordy.

Both possess immense talent, which with time and care was able to be brought out despite their "wild child", larrikin early tendencies.

Both adore being at the club and sharing time with their teamates. They play footy like they are kids still, delighting in bring joy to their teamates, family and friends.

Both come across as humble about themselves, but with a fierce competitive nature and steely resolve to win by seizing the big moments.

So glad both are now Premiership players.
Agree - he reminds me of Swan too

Similar body shapes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back