Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can all agree we aren't going to change their mind over Dawson value on Bigfooty, most probably dont even know who he was before he nominated their club.

Its pretty normal behaviour we would be the same i dont watch Adelaide games so i would be the same.
I think anyone can understand "higest rated wingman from round 16" or "is top 3 in a team 8 spots ahead". If we found out we were getting a top 3 player in any team ahead of us I'm sure we would be stoked.

Yeah in a crap side. Dawson was third in a side that finished equal 4th. Yes we had a disappointing finals exit, but we're miles ahead of Freo, and top three in our team might as well be the holy trinity compared to Adelaide atm.

With Pick 4 you're not going to get someone who'll be your best player for atleast a 3-5 years, and that's a massive gamble if ever will be.

Dawson will immediately be your best player.

I mean he didn't even make the AA squad and we had 2 players that did.

Kind of indicates he probably won't be our best player...

Hell Paul Seedsman was a better player in the SAME position as him this year. So he isn't even going to be the best winger at our club if we go off 2021 form.

Also if we want to do a comparison to previous trades for a point of reference, probably the most valid recent trade is Ed Langdon. Similar age, same position.

Langdon in the year he was traded vs Dawson this year.

Langdon was a year younger and had a better season.

Hell Paul Seedsman was a better player in the SAME position as him this year. So he isn't even going to be the best winger at our club if we go off 2021 form.

Also if we want to do a comparison to previous trades for a point of reference, probably the most valid recent trade is Ed Langdon. Similar age, same position.

Dawson kicking is why his value is higher if Crows don't rate him why try and poach and make one him one of your highest paid players on long term deal, Swans definitely rate him as they prioritised his signing before Parker.

Dawson kicking is why his value is higher if Crows don't rate him why try and poach and make one him one of your highest paid players on long term deal, Swans definitely rate him as they prioritised his signing before Parker.

If Sydney rate him why don't they pay him as much as our offer?

It's almost like we are displaying how we rate him by how much we're offering to pay him and since he has agreed we are trying to get him as cheaply as possible on the trade table. Because why would we voluntarily pay more than we need to?

Meanwhile Sydney are showing how much they value him by trying to extract maximum currency in trade. While trying to keep him as cheaply as they can manage if he signs with them. Becuase why would they pay him more than they need to?

It's almost like we are displaying how we rate him by how much we're offering to pay him and since he has agreed we are trying to get him as cheaply as possible on the trade table. Because why would we voluntarily pay more than we need to?

You do know what a salary cap is don't you?

bit of an age difference between Dawson and Seedsman though ? Dawson has a higher ceiling I reckon.

bit of an age difference between Dawson and Seedsman though ? Dawson has a higher ceiling I reckon.

Oh I don't disagree.

I was just pointing out that using Dawsons 2021 form to claim he would "immediately be your best player" is incorrect. He'd certainly be in the top handful though.

Meanwhile Sydney are showing how much they value him by trying to extract maximum currency in trade. While trying to keep him as cheaply as they can manage if he signs with them. Becuase why would they pay him more than they need to?

I don't usually respond to trolls, but here we are.

1. Sydney have given Dawson a multitude of options with reported 5, 4 and 2 year deals on the table, the long term deals are in the same ball park as Adelaide's.
2. Adelaide likely would be able to offer a bit more due to cap space (one club is in rebuild, the other is likely contending over the next few years so players demand more)

You are not going to find many (if any) people who agree with your views on this board.

Lol, Boak is better than all your players and he didn't make the squad. Using AA as an indication of ability is brain dead. Dawson was the highest rated wingman (latter on in the year) when he moved to that position and was only getting better while all your AA squad players are firmly on the decline.

Also brain dead using Ed Langdon. We want to keep Dawson way more than Freo wanted to keep Langdon. We had Dawson our future plans and Freo had already understood that Langdon was out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Boak is better than all your players and he didn't make the squad. Using AA as an indication of ability is brain dead. Dawson was the highest rated wingman (latter on in the year) when he moved to that position and was only getting better while all your AA squad players are firmly on the decline.

Also brain dead using Ed Langdon. We want to keep Dawson way more than Freo wanted to keep Langdon. We had Dawson our future plans and Freo had already understood that Langdon was out.

"Later on in the year", the thing about using a small sample size is that you get a lot of variance in your results.

Look at the entire season and there were quite a few wingers who had a better season than he did.

Also having a plan vs not having a plan doesn't really play a part in forming an objective opinion of a players worth.

"Later on in the year", the thing about using a small sample size is that you get a lot of variance in your results.

Look at the entire season and there were quite a few wingers who had a better season than he did.

Also having a plan vs not having a plan doesn't really play a part in forming an objective opinion of a players worth.
Yes a small sample size of 7 games. He also has attributes of a marking player that many wingers lack.

Also objective opinion on what a player is worth will never be their trade value.

Anyway, peace.

The next 3 days are gonna be ****ed. We've gotta get fair value for Dawson, or convince him to stay, while trying to get a deal for Ladhams done, and they have to be two separate trades for obvious rivalry reasons. I do not envy Kinnear and Gardiner

Yeah in a crap side. Dawson was third in a side that finished equal 4th. Yes we had a disappointing finals exit, but we're miles ahead of Freo, and top three in our team might as well be the holy trinity compared to Adelaide atm.

With Pick 4 you're not going to get someone who'll be your best player for atleast a 3-5 years, and that's a massive gamble if ever will be.

Dawson will immediately be your best player.

Kapers goes BANG!

Keep the change.

Dawson's manager would have advised Crows that he won't be going to the PSD from the beginning. It's either all rumour or Crows just don't rate Dawson enough

Dawson’s manager, Adelaide Crows veteran 231 game player Michael Doughty, would be working really closely with the Crows to get his client the best deal possible - which is to get home with a long term deal with a pay rise. In terms of the Crows not rating Dawson - we offered off him more than Port or Sydney did. So we obviously rate him pretty highly

Deal will get done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dawson’s manager, Adelaide Crows veteran 231 game player Michael Doughty, would be working really closely with the Crows to get his client the best deal possible - which is to get home with a long term deal with a pay rise. In terms of the Crows not rating Dawson - we offered off him more than Port or Sydney did. So we obviously rate him pretty highly

Deal will get done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think the part about him being a former Crows player is relevant. He's a manager, he's gonna get what's best for his client and said client has nominated Adelaide (who have also put up slightly more money)

You’ve literally got no idea what sort of player Dawson is. None. Making a fool of yourself here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back