Traded Jordan Lewis [traded to Melbourne with picks 57 and 68 for picks 48 and 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Make this a 3 way deal and leave it up to GC and Melbourne to negotiate a suitable Demon player to go to GC along with our pick 10 for Jaegar.

If Melbourne don't want to come to the party, then hold off 12 months and sign him as a free agent. We'll be given at least a 3rd rounder compo. Pickering says Lewis is a professional, so shouldn't be an issue.

Make this a 3 way deal and leave it up to GC and Melbourne to negotiate a suitable Demon player to go to GC along with our pick 10 for Jaegar.

If Melbourne don't want to come to the party, then hold off 12 months and sign him as a free agent. We'll be given at least a 3rd rounder compo. Pickering says Lewis is a professional, so shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah we'll sort out your sh*t.
Idiotic post at best.

OMG i am having a *lovely* time
Why? You've got Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver, Petracca, Salem, Stretch, Vandenburg, Harmes, etc...

Melbourne's midfield ran all over Hawthorn twice this year and made Lewis look like a witches hat.
I would be annoyed if I was a Dees fan and learned my club had offered him a 3 year deal.

Typical Melbourne. No faith in what they have and making dumb decisions. I suppose they figure Lewis will provide leadership and experience. I think he might also stifle the develop of some of your younger mids and a 3 year deal seems like a stretch.

Last edited:
Great culture, great colours, great club wow!

I'm particularly loving the new team song...

We're Not a happy team at Hawthorn
We are the Veteran Trading Hawks.
Umpires love our Club, and we cheat to win,
Trading our veterans with a grin (at Hawthorn).
Come what may, you'll find us selling
Salary Cap is the thing that talks,
One for all and None for one
Is the way we trade at Hawthorn.
We are the Premiership Captain/ 5 Time Best & Fairest Trading Hawks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On behalf of myself and other Melbourne board posters... I would like to separate the rest us from this idiot! lol

My old man is a Hawks supporter (and yes if I was a little band wagoner I would have jumped on board for all the success etc etc) unluckily my pop convinced me the Dees were the way to go haha.. However, due to the old man, Ive always had a soft spot for the Hawks and Lewis has been my favourite player for the Hawks so I'm wrapped if he comes to our club. Hopefully a deal can be worked out that leave both parties happy.

For what its worth I don't believe the BS that Hawthorn will come crashing to the ground as soon as Mitchell and Lewis leave. T Mitchell and Omeara are both handy players and, if nothing else, Vickery will give you structure which you lacked with Roughead being away sick. You'll still be top 8 next year. Good luck with the rest of the off-season.

Why?

You've got Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver, Petracca, Salem, Stretch, Vandenburg, Harmes

Melbourne's midfield ran all over Hawthorn twice this year and made Lewis look like a witches hat.

I would be annoyed if I was a Dees fan and learned my club had offered him a 3 year deal.

Typical Melbourne. No faith in what they have and making dumb decisions.

OMG

Why?

You've got Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw, Oliver, Petracca, Salem, Stretch, Vandenburg, Harmes

We didnt have the midfield depth to go with Sydney or the Dogs though. They both ended up in the grand final.

I wouldn't mind Aaron Vandenberg as a straight up swap. He's potentially better then anything we are going to get with a pick in the 50s or 60s.

Only 24 years old and would complement players like O'Meara, T.Mitchell, Shiels and in the midfield.

Why?

Why would we be annoyed?
We'll be giving up stuff all to get an experienced bloke who knows what it takes and can give a chop out to a very young talented midfield.
And he ain't costing us that much.
Tipping there would also be some performance triggers for the 3rd year too.

Too much salt in your diet isn't good for you mate.

Why is it up to Melbourne to sort out your own problems for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

If it's a third round or late pick swap we've essentially lost nothing for a four time premiership player who finished 2nd in the Hawks BnF last season.

We fielded the youngest and most inexperienced side for the majority of 2016. Lewis will help address that and make a push for finals that little bit more realistic, with hopefully a lasting impact on the playing group.

He's good for at least two more seasons I think. The third, who knows, but it doesn't have me revving up the manure truck.

On behalf of myself and other Melbourne board posters... I would like to separate the rest us from this idiot! lol

My old man is a Hawks supporter (and yes if I was a little band wagoner I would have jumped on board for all the success etc etc) unluckily my pop convinced me the Dees were the way to go haha.. However, due to the old man, Ive always had a soft spot for the Hawks and Lewis has been my favourite player for the Hawks so I'm wrapped if he comes to our club. Hopefully a deal can be worked out that leave both parties happy.

For what its worth I don't believe the BS that Hawthorn will come crashing to the ground as soon as Mitchell and Lewis leave. T Mitchell and Omeara are both handy players and, if nothing else, Vickery will give you structure which you lacked with Roughead being away sick. You'll still be top 8 next year. Good luck with the rest of the off-season.

On behalf of my self and other Melbourne Members I'd like to seperate myself from this squeezer.
Just because he's a boring old knob who tells old man stories!
Ok this is boring me now ciao!
"When I was a boy I went and bought a paper from the deli, back then we had real papers...
Lol omg

Incorrect, Buddy moved up here for
jesinta-campbell-90161.jpg

How's that going?
(Lucky goose!)

Oh man.

I wouldn't mind Aaron Vandenberg as a straight up swap. He's potentially better then anything we are going to get with a pick in the 50s or 60s.

Only 24 years old and would complement players like O'Meara, T.Mitchell, Shiels and in the midfield.

I think Lewis is more value to MFC for his on-field leadership than he is to HFC. IMO a VDB trade would be do-able. MFC rate do him, he had an injury interrupted year but we elevated him to the 22 at every opportunity ahead of many others who performed better at Casey. I expect Lewis will play a similar role at MFC to VDB - HF/centre-square and therefore VDB could be expendable, particularly with Petracca there as well. I wouldn't insult you with Dunn/Dawes offers and you wouldn't either with Salem/Hunt requests but players like VDB or Frost (who has been discussed earlier in this thread) could be fair trade. If you want a young inside mid replacement then Neal-Bullen would be worth considering. He's behind Jones, Viney, Tyson, Brayshaw (and Lewis) but had a great year at Casey - good contested ball-winner.

On behalf of my self and other Melbourne Members I'd like to seperate myself from this squeezer.
Just because he's a boring old knob who tells old man stories!
Ok this is boring me now ciao!
"When I was a boy I went and bought a paper from the deli, back then we had real papers...
Lol omg

I'm 26 you ****-wit lol...

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Lewis [traded to Melbourne with picks 57 and 68 for picks 48 and 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back