Josh Carr is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah of course..

But than again we win premiersips at Port Adelaide so.... i know whe id like to go. not some franchise hopefuls that doesn't even have a culture.

plus the majority of the younger population in Adelaide support port anyway.

This has been proven wrong. Infact from what I remember a recent AusKick survey showed the gap to be widening in terms of youth support.

BTW. You win Premierships? Yet you have only won one and we have won two?

Yes you are. you all got together in 1990,put your rivalries and sanfl club allegience's aside and formed a conglomarate because we had the ball's to realise we were too big and too good for you backward clowns and made the afl bid. now you sit here 20 years later all smug and lippy about how big you are and how weak we are lol

you are like kevin federline after he married britney spear's going up to the richest man he knew before he balled her and being all snooty and look at me. you have no right to talk to us about culture soul or success i am sorry

Yes. We were put together in 1990.

I do not understand Port supporters logic in that we are not a club because we are relatively 'new'?

You were too big and too good for the SANFL, but since then you have gone backwards. You are the ugly sister to the monster that is the combined efforts of the other SANFL clubs you turned your backs on.

Does that upset you?

I'll talk to you about culture and soul anyday I want because one things for sure, Ports culture aint a one I would want at the Crows.

I wish I did know what went wrong for Josh at Freo, clearly something. I loved having him in the team evn if it was just for the derby highlights;) Port must be stoked to get him back and you can't help wondering if he hadn't left if maybe, just maybe they wouldn't have lost that grand final by the largest margin ever in thehistory of the game,in the most humiliating display ever witnessed on a footy field. Good luck to you Josh.

Spot on. Wouldn't have been a record margin - just 15 goals or so

Yes. We were put together in 1990.

I do not understand Port supporters logic in that we are not a club because we are relatively 'new'?

You were too big and too good for the SANFL, but since then you have gone backwards. You are the ugly sister to the monster that is the combined efforts of the other SANFL clubs you turned your backs on.

Who turned their backs on the SANFL? I'd suggest the vast majority of Crows supporters are far more guilty of that than the PAFC is. The Port Adelaide Football Club was tired of dominating a local league, and when a national competition emerged, the SANFL decided it didn't want to be a part of it. We were ambitious, the SANFL was backwards.

I'd suggest you aren't a 'real footy club' because you were formed purely to get in the way of a real club. Teams that hated eachother were more than happy to put their differences aside for the sake of stopping Port Adelaide.

Despite my hatred for both clubs, I would have much prefered a Norwood/Sturt bid for an AFL liscense. True, traditional clubs who had built itself up over a long time and had earned the right to play in a national competition, both with on field and off field success.

In a better world, we would have gotten in in 1990, and Norwood, Sturt, or a combination of the two would have followed in 1997. No massive conglomerations that are purely set up to get in the way of another club.

Do you blame him? I would put in a second rate effort for a second rate club, in a second rate town too!

A club that smashed you in a GF?
Hilarious coming from a citizen of Bris Vagus.

You can keep Rudd and Hansen too!

Did no-one else notice this? I can't say I've watched every grand final since '95, but who did Fremantle smash and in which GF?

Regardless of second rate club second rate town shit. Does he not owe more to his former teammates. I mean how many times did they come into bat for him while hes getting his ass whooped for being a ****.

Hes let his teammates and the fans down. The only 2 who ever stood up or gave a shit about his existance. Now he has no one. Not a ounce of respect left.

port offered schofield an one year with minimum pay and thought his best was behind him(which was the case). dockers offered him an two contract and if port matched it, he would have stayed. First year schofield did his back and never recovered.
Good of you to forget to mention Schofield's father telling North Melbourne if they draft him(they had the pick before dorkers) he would retire.Ofcause fremantle had nothing to do with this and just wanted to do the right thing by port adelaide and give them jack all :rolleyes:.

Hard to work out some of these Freo supporters - they claim on one hand that "the game has passed Josh" and "he is only good enough for the SANFL" and yet have a go at Port for taking him in the pre-season draft. I would hate to think what they would write about him if they thought he could still play.:rolleyes:

Come on guys get over it, I don't think Port got too much for Schoefield or Francis.

Not too sure why you quoted my post...

I thought I made it clear that it made no difference to me and I didn't expect any better from him...

Most football supporters will acknowledge that game has passed Carr...His lack of pace, long kicking and ability to stay on his feet mean's he doesn't have much to offer any club next season.

If the guy still have something to offer, I would have been angered that he didn't assist in the trade process.

what is culture? sorry, but culture isnt something magical force. culture is the whole attitudes of the group which is made up of indiviuals.

if neesham, wasnt such an arrogrant pick, dockers would have kepted mcleod and his winning attitude would have rubbed off on others.

crows without mcleod wouldnt have won their premierships.

yes, if only you had kepted McLeod.

outstanding :thumbsu:

Yeah of course..

But than again we win premiersips at Port Adelaide so.... i know whe id like to go. not some franchise hopefuls that doesn't even have a culture.

plus the majority of the younger population in Adelaide support port anyway.

as you're not a franchise, you won't be going to your franchiser and asking for a reduction in your license fee right?

nice one tredders, maybe I should bring up your great quote again? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very well put?

which bit? the part where he's too young to realise you and bruce weber were manipulated by the AFL to get what they really wanted, and then dropped you like a sack of shit.

did you like that bit?

apply a little common sense mitch, its not a crime.

A bit rich coming from you crow-mo.

You know exactly what he is saying and that is that the crows were formed purely to block Port's entry into the AFL. Crow supporters, particularly ones old enough like you are predominantly glenelg, norwood, sturt, woodville etc in crows drag and what he is correctly saying is that you put away all your rivalries and differences to follow a composite club with the aim of stopping Port Adelaide from leaving the SANFL and joining the national league.

I am not sure which club you abandoned to follow the crows but Port's ethos has always been to play in the best league in the land and the late Bruce Webber did what was best for the club at the time. His strong leadership had greatly contributed to ensuring that there will always be a Port Adelaide Football Club on the national stage. The club that has suffered the most in all of this is Norwood as they also deserved to play in the national league but they made the error fighting Port instead of supporting it.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer for you crow-mo.

Who turned their backs on the SANFL? I'd suggest the vast majority of Crows supporters are far more guilty of that than the PAFC is. The Port Adelaide Football Club was tired of dominating a local league, and when a national competition emerged, the SANFL decided it didn't want to be a part of it. We were ambitious, the SANFL was backwards.

I'd suggest you aren't a 'real footy club' because you were formed purely to get in the way of a real club. Teams that hated eachother were more than happy to put their differences aside for the sake of stopping Port Adelaide.

Despite my hatred for both clubs, I would have much prefered a Norwood/Sturt bid for an AFL liscense. True, traditional clubs who had built itself up over a long time and had earned the right to play in a national competition, both with on field and off field success.

In a better world, we would have gotten in in 1990, and Norwood, Sturt, or a combination of the two would have followed in 1997. No massive conglomerations that are purely set up to get in the way of another club.

How did Crows supporters turn their backs on the SANFL?

Can you not support a team in the AFL and the SANFL?

Did you turn your back on your local team when you started to support the Magpies (or Power if your young enough). No.

The Adelaide Crows were the perfect fit for the AFL. It would made to be a state team. To represent the whole state whilst keeping in tact the SANFL. Although it was rushed through because of your rougue bid, it worked.

Just look at Adelaide united. Its the step up to the big league, you unite everyone.

Thats Ports problem, you took your suburban team from a state level competition and thought you could maintain your strenght and support with the limited appeal you had in a national competition.

The Crows are a club, you may not think it. But you go to a game and you see the emotion of the fans, of the players & even of the admin (many from various SANFL clubs). A clubs culture and mentality is built over time, and its history too.

I look back over the last 18 years and its pretty amazing. I still have the footy record from the first game. I have the tape from round 21 (?) when the Crows finally were going to play in the finals. I went to the first showdown, and the second (;)) our first premiership. I have the 98 premiership on tape. I remember going to both parades. Going to melbourne in 2002 for the prelim, I remember Roo's brownlow, The finals showdown, and the heart break of the last few seasons.

Its a club, and a pretty good club at that.

and hell, atleast are gonna be around in 10 years :thumbsu:

A bit rich coming from you crow-mo.

You know exactly what he is saying and that is that the crows were formed purely to block Port's entry into the AFL. Crow supporters, particularly ones old enough like you are predominantly glenelg, norwood, sturt, woodville etc in crows drag and what he is correctly saying is that you put away all your rivalries and differences to follow a composite club with the aim of stopping Port Adelaide from leaving the SANFL and joining the national league.

I am not sure which club you abandoned to follow the crows but Port's ethos has always been to play in the best league in the land and the late Bruce Webber did what was best for the club at the time. His strong leadership had greatly contributed to ensuring that there will always be a Port Adelaide Football Club on the national stage. The club that has suffered the most in all of this is Norwood as they also deserved to play in the national league but they made the error fighting Port instead of supporting it.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer for you crow-mo.

again, how can you abandon your SANFL team?

again, how can you abandon your SANFL team?

Not that I want to get involved in the 4 millionth Port/Crows/SANFL debate, but come on KingsCrow....we all know that many many supporters jumped on the AFL ship and didnt bother about the SANFL any more. Plenty. Theres heaps of 'finals only' SANFL supporters out there.

Not that I want to get involved in the 4 millionth Port/Crows/SANFL debate, but come on KingsCrow....we all know that many many supporters jumped on the AFL ship and didnt bother about the SANFL any more. Plenty. Theres heaps of 'finals only' SANFL supporters out there.

Yes, but thats to be expected. As I said, are you seen to be 'ditching' your local league if you miss that match for your SANFL/AFL match. No. The Crows became the highest level team in the state.

And if you wanna play hardball, you could infact say as a percentage, more fairweather supporters came to the power then to the Crows (you surelly weren't getting 35,000 to Alberton every week in '96).

Yes, but thats to be expected. As I said, are you seen to be 'ditching' your local league if you miss that match for your SANFL/AFL match. No.

It is when you dont go for years and only show up when your teams on top, ala Glenelgs attendances increasing by almost double this year.

And if you wanna play hardball, you could infact say as a percentage, more fairweather supporters came to the power then to the Crows (you surelly weren't getting 35,000 to Alberton every week in '96).

You will see that I did not mention Crows or Port, as both clubs have plenty that forgot about the SANFL.

It is when you dont go for years and only show up when your teams on top, ala Glenelgs attendances increasing by almost double this year.

Thats just the way its going to be in the SANFL from now on.

Because it is now a 2nd tier competition people will mainly go if they think they are going to win.

You will see that I did not mention Crows or Port, as both clubs have plenty that forgot about the SANFL.
Problem is now many Port (Magpies)supporters have now abandoned the Power as the AFL is crap,too expensive ,prefer Alberton oval hill etc etc etc.
Little may they know that the now follow the Port Adelaide Magpies FC not the PAFC like they once did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carr is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back