List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else hear Liam Pickering talk about Josh Kelly on SEN this morning? He said he believes that Kelly and GWS have come to terms and expects an announcement shortly. Not sure if it will be on a podcast but pretty sure it was just after 10am.

Did anyone else hear Liam Pickering talk about Josh Kelly on SEN this morning? He said he believes that Kelly and GWS have come to terms and expects an announcement shortly. Not sure if it will be on a podcast but pretty sure it was just after 10am.
Yeah I heard him say that. Surprising.

Just heard on SEN that Kelly's been in Melbourne and apparently Carlton have 'rolled out the big guns' for Kelly to try and lure him. Mentioned by Robbo/Hudson/Kingy.

If this bloke did really follow North then it's safe to say that once you enter the league and have spent a couple years in the system old allegiances die pretty quick.
Maybe, just maybe the lure of playing for the prestigious teams is too great for us to counter.

Regardless of how inept the "big 4" are and have been for many years they continue to draw large crowds and take up the majority of air time. Carlton, Richmond and Essendon up to this week have largely been bottom 8 sides for many years but here we are talking about a life long supporter considering joining Carlton because it's purely business for him now.

Do what you want Josh, just dont get caught up in the bulls*** from these big clubs. You're better off staying in Sydney if you want success.

Very strong guy feel he will either stay at GWS or sign with another Vic club apart from north

Issue is, Brad signing, re-building phase, not looking at finals has been orchestrated in the media. So no longer attractive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard on SEN that Kelly's been in Melbourne and apparently Carlton have 'rolled out the big guns' for Kelly to try and lure him. Mentioned by Robbo/Hudson/Kingy.

I dunno about you but if I had one club chasing me since I was drafted cos they missed out on me as a F/S selection, the same club who made a so called "godfather" offer and the rest of the AFL laughed at them about it (then pretty soon changed their tune), then as finals start another club rolls out the "big guns" to try and attract my attention I'd be laughing at them. Unless the big guns were good cash and some other substantial benefits then it means nothing.

And frankly I'd love to get Kelly - he is a genuine gun - but if we don't BFD.

WE do our stuff our way anyway. If he wants in fine, if not then its his loss. And it will be his loss.

But I really doubt last minute bullshit from a pack of w***ers who couldn't give a stuff about him less than two months ago matters. The last minute stuff with the Martin trade was from the only club he's played for, with them upping their offer to keep him on top of the entire footy world begging him to stay. Its not the same circumstances here.

If he does go to carlton he'll wish he didn't in 5 years. They are a shamozzle off field and you don't win flags if your off field stuff isn't working.

Exactly. Always knew he hadnt committed because there is no way if he had committed that Brad Scott would have been asking the board to go away and make sure they think he's the right man for the job.

Kimboed that for you.

It is official...our most reliable insider poster has confirmed he will stay at GWS :(

That's concrete enough for me to let the dream go. Onto the draft.
With all due respect, reliable sources have been saying he/dusty etc would be at x/y/z clubs for weeks and they weren't true.

I'm not talking media here, I'm talking about actual sources.

Not saying he hasn't agreed to terms, but I'll wait for an official announcement rather than losing my shit over Liam ****ing Pickering.

I think 2 years of quality kids and getting 50 games into them and then targeting Kelly at the end of 2019 would make more sense. Kelly in his prime at 25 years of age by 2020 to open our window for the next 5 years. Just need to develop the kids we currently have and will draft properly and ****ing up like Melbourne in 2009.

With all due respect, reliable sources have been saying he/dusty etc would be at x/y/z clubs for weeks and they weren't true.

I'm not talking media here, I'm talking about actual sources.

Not saying he hasn't agreed to terms, but I'll wait for an official announcement rather than losing my shit over Liam ******* Pickering.

Haha don't blame you after this year of back and forth and chinese whispers...probably good for ones sanity to just wait for the official announcements ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back