Mega Thread Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet'

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet

All powerful.

I'm always bemused when people declare that they will 'not accept' something that is completely out of their control.

Won't accept mediocrity, or won't accept a loss...or won't accept poor performances

What does it mean if your team IS mediocre or they DO have a loss or thet ARE performing poorly? What difference does it make saying "I won't accept it"?

It's a just a big blowhard statement. Life is what it is. You may as well say "I won't accept that!" when your cat dies, or when you get the sack, or dumped by a partner. It just doesn't mean anything to say "I refuse to accept it"; unless you are either in a position to change things so that it didn't really happen or never happens again , you going to have to accept it.

People like using the phrase to imply that they are a vaguely superior sort of supporter to those who 'do' accept things as less than perfect; what they really mean is "I'm going to have a massive whinge about things that aren't the way I'd like, which won't change anything, but will make me feel better".

Windbags.
Extremely good post eldorado.

Sadly if most posters understood it half the posts would be gone from most forums.

Re: Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet

People ho use words like omnipitant are up themselves.
I am a member and I vote!
I pay my money. I payed my dues to HFC. If I feel like expressing my dissatisfaction at the administration of the club then thats what I will do.
You can either suck it in or, as you are the chief of this site, censor me.....who cares!

Somebody poses a question and others respond thats how these things work.
If peopel dont like the subject matter why do they read and respond to the thread?

One point when responding to a comment, try staying on topic and refrain from abuse.

Well, I'm not going to accept that! Omnipotent is a perfectly cromulent word!

People ho use words like omnipitant are up themselves.

One point when responding to a comment, try staying on topic and refrain from abuse.

Thanks for the advice.......

We could have had Selwood, Jack Riewoldt, Pendelbury, Josh Kennedy............aaargh.

End rant.

We could have had Selwood, Jack Riewoldt, Pendelbury, Josh Kennedy............aaargh.

End rant.

Only problem with that argument is; having recruited Pendlbury the whole path of history then changes and we do not know what would have then occurred.
Our draft position may have changed along with those of other clubs that may have then taken those players before we had a chance, furthermore we may have missed out on other players we have and love who have been taken since Pendlebury. Rioli et al.

Once one part of the path changes we cannot assume all the same opportunities will present themselves.

Only problem with that argument is; having recruited Pendlbury the whole path of history then changes and we do not know what would have then occurred.
Our draft position may have changed along with those of other clubs that may have then taken those players before we had a chance, furthermore we may have missed out on other players we have and love who have been taken since Pendlebury. Rioli et al.

Once one part of the path changes we cannot assume all the same opportunities will present themselves.

No tongue in cheek emoticon unfortunately B&G.;)

I'm always bemused when people declare that they will 'not accept' something that is completely out of their control.

Won't accept mediocrity, or won't accept a loss...or won't accept poor performances

What does it mean if your team IS mediocre or they DO have a loss or thet ARE performing poorly? What difference does it make saying "I won't accept it"?

I do feel, however, the comment "it is unacceptable" is okay. When the club plays poorly it let's down the club, sponsors, etc, and a poor performance should be unacceptable. If it isn't, then we will not improve as a club.

It doesn't matter if I can't accept something, but it does matter that the club classifies something as unacceptable, like our kicking for goal for instance. Finally this week the club is addressing the issue rather than just accept it.

Hope I am welcome to post here.

Talk on the Swan's board is that JPK's expires at the end of the season and he has yet to re-sign. Though he (or his manager) is probably holding out until all the awards have been given out (standing in Brownlow, Club BnF, Norm Smith ;), etc) so he can up his contract value, I can't shake off the feeling that there may be a slight chance - however small it may be - that he might want to go back to Hawthorn.

Assuming you guys get Pick 18 (absolute worst case scenario, as opposed to pick 21 for winning the premiership), can you guys see a fair trade happening? Obviously Pick 18 by itself will not be enough. JPK also does not seem like the type of guy to just walk out on the club and go in the PSD if something does not eventuate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk on the Swan's board is that JPK's expires at the end of the season and he has yet to re-sign. Though he (or his manager) is probably holding out until all the awards have been given out (standing in Brownlow, Club BnF, Norm Smith ;), etc) so he can up his contract value, I can't shake off the feeling that there may be a slight chance - however small it may be - that he might want to go back to Hawthorn.

Assuming you guys get Pick 18 (absolute worst case scenario, as opposed to pick 21 for winning the premiership), can you guys see a fair trade happening? Obviously Pick 18 by itself will not be enough. JPK also does not seem like the type of guy to just walk out on the club and go in the PSD if something does not eventuate.

Joey's never coming back :(:mad:

Personally I think we should ne using draft picks to draft a couple of all round mids in the draft. some with no deficiencies.

Will mature just as Mitch and Sewell hang up the boots.

Breust may be that player already - and no you cant have him in red n white (again)

I liked the first response better
I've had a bad morning.

Still, if he wants to go around calling people 'up themselves'...

Edit: I ditched my comment. You're right, leave the first comment instead...

We as members elect a Board. Some clubs don't allow their members that right. That Board then has the job of electing coaches who select assistant coaches. The Board also elects people such as recruitment managers who work in liaison with the coaches to build what they believe to be the best list available.

We, as supporters, don't necessarily have to agree with all decisions made, but we do have to accept them. It's called being a supporter. It's what we do.

Maybe I've been lucky, but in just over 40 years of supporting the Hawthorn Football Club, I've had little reason to challenge the club's decisions (except that time back in 1996), we've won 9, hopefully 10 premierships in that time.

I believe that's a pretty good return. No, hold on, it has been an EXCELLENT return, so I'm not about to start questioning the club over every nit picking issue I may not agree with. If I thought for a moment I could do a better job, then maybe I'd make my myself available for election.

Seeing as I'm not about to do that, I'll just support, and leave the more difficult decisions to those who know their trades better than I do.

I'm sure we'd be happy to trade our first two draft picks for JPK.

I don't believe he's likely to return to Hawthorn though

If he really wanted to come back to Hawthorn, I'm sure the Swans would be reasonable to trade with. After all, we were terrific to deal with in getting McGlynn and JPK to Sydney in the first place

I'm sure we'd be happy to trade our first two draft picks for JPK.

I don't believe he's likely to return to Hawthorn though

If he really wanted to come back to Hawthorn, I'm sure the Swans would be reasonable to trade with. After all, we were terrific to deal with in getting McGlynn and JPK to Sydney in the first place

How do Hawks see a straight swap for Roughhead? Overs/Unders/Even for you guys?

And that is the bottom line.

How do Hawks see a straight swap for Roughhead? Overs/Unders/Even for you guys?
Roughy's ability to ruck and then be useful at ground level as well as push forward and kick a bag makes him very valuable to us. He's quite pivotal to us and I don't think the Hawks would ever entertain trading him.

If it were to happen it would be Kennedy + something (not a lot though). Not because Kennedy is worse than Roughy but simply because a player like Roughy who is quality is far harder to get than a big, strong inside mid.

So a straight swap would be paying overs for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Josh Kennedy Hindsight Thread aka 'We sold Manhattan for a bunch of trinkets and a blunt hatchet'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back