Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rachele hate is so irrational. There wouldn't be a club in the AFL that wouldn't take him. He can be better and he will be. Play a shit position, with the biggest clown development panel in the AFL, regularly thrown to the media and is rarely, if ever, publically backed by coaches or senior team members.

Agreed, it's absolutely bizzare - classic hive mind idiotic thinking.

Only gets caught once a game are you blind! Take you rose colored glasses off and don’t be so scared to call it out!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is only a 3rd year player. I suspect we will see a decent step up again next year and then the year after he will explode.

Your view is similarly blinkered to the people out there who haven’t recognised JHF is not far off being a top 20 player in the league. The attributes are there - needs to grow up and perform consistently and get a few poor habits out of his system

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I will never understand the complaints about him getting caught holding the ball.

I sit up in the riverbank stand so have a pretty good view of what’s ahead of the ball. When there is a decent opportunity ahead he pulls the trigger. The times he’s gotten done are more often than not because there is no good option and he’s tried to make something happen.

I know throwing it on the boot and making it someone else’s problem is popular amongst some of our 200+ gamers, but it’s actually not what you want from a creative half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one hates him. No one does. The criticism of his hardness (lack of it) was warranted. But tonight he was superb. That’s the Rachele we need. This is hopefully the making of him.

You mean those who we’re suggesting he’s a bust or should be traded (check this thread), were proven wrong.

And that he’s clearly a confidence player who needs a coach who backs him in and gives him opportunities?

Rash was a different player tonight, and it was nothing to do with possessions or goals kicked.

He played with an intensity that he hasn't shown for ages - that's what most people commenting on him have been calling for (and by the reaction of some of his team mates, so have they).

Not sure if it's improved fitness, head space or something else, but more please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back