Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we pretend we're some sort of higher-standard club?
Having mediocre people in most key positions, they sadly don't know any different...

Reckon Josh continues to be penalised for the interview where he questioned the comms around his lack of midfield mins.

Shuttleworth and the hierachy continue to control the media narrative….Josh has now strayed a couple of times and this is his punishment. It’s now a battle of egos and the hierachy has to back in Nicks to save their own skins.

Only way the club gets out of this not looking absolutely ****ed is if he is struggling mentally after the pile on this week.
If it was Josh’s choice not to put his hand up this weekend, I can’t see why he or the club would leak it to the media in this way (in advance, no explanation, etc.)

Seems more likely that someone involved has an axe to grind.

If it was Josh’s choice not to put his hand up this weekend, I can’t see why he or the club would leak it to the media in this way (in advance, no explanation, etc.)

Seems more likely that someone involved has an axe to grind.
Body language doesn't look great on the insta story. Probably answers that question

Attachments

• 4cp4j5.jpg
    4cp4j5.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 191
This decision might be enough for me to tune out until Nick is gone. The way Rachele has been treated all year has been disgraceful. The comments in the media have been awful, constantly pushing Rachele to address the media himself and now senior players criticizing him publicly. This latest move just adds to the list. It's some of the worst player management I've seen, especially for a young player who thrives on confidence. Absolutely disgraceful and just depressing

It's unbelievable that its been allowed to happen.

Nicks is useless at selection and tactically inept, but don't we have a Footy Ops Manager and a Footy Director as well?

Surely somebody at this joke of a Club can see how shocking the handling of Rashele has been.

Only way the club gets out of this not looking absolutely ****ed is if he is struggling mentally after the pile on this week. The wording from the tweet by Mitch Cleary doesn't even suggest anything so it doesn't look like that's the case. Guess we'll get an idea if he doesn't play SANFL but that could also suggest he wants out. Wake me up when we are in spetember again 😔

Then they should come out and publicly back him

Above average in every stat for a general forward
Has the most goals of all non-KPF under 22yo.
Has the 3rd most goals for general forwards in the last month behind Toby Greene and Ben Keays
4th best player for us in the last month per player rating

Really is an indefensible decision if true, could kill all the confidence he has left

Trumpet this in the media and show some bloody support for him, not throw him under the bus - AGAIN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s face it. All of this talk is based on winners and losers.
The media love the Hawks “brashness” and enthusiasm at the moment (most non Hawks fans think their a bunch of flogs)
Kane loves Butters and he acts like a dick every week
And when you are winning it is “competitiveness” etc

When you lose it’s getting ahead of yourself, poor discipline etc

Rachele, Thilthorpes shush to the crowd - when we start winning this will all be viewed well, we just need to get that winning momentum back in our club

Getting back on the winner's list
Step 1: Drop well performing small forward and keep Murphy in the team
Step 2: ???

If this is true I won't rest until Nicks is gone.

Thats a long time to go with no sleep! We all want him gone, aside from WW who is the resident bigfooty Happy Clapper.

Nicks has done way worse things over a very below average stint as coach then drop Rash. This is merely something to add to that long distinguished list of incompetancy.

It’s a wield decision to drop him for the last game of the year!!

I called him to be dropped about 6 weeks ago because his form has been poor and his effort and attack on the ball has been poor. I felt he needed to go and get some form and get for aggressive at the ball. Not to quiver and hear the footsteps coming.
This will stop him becoming elite and he has the talent to be, just needs some tinkering to his game. He hasn’t been setting the AFL on fire all year though he had a few good games.
If only he had Murphy’s work ethic and attack on the ball, he’d be a star of the competition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back